Provari vs eGo Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I still like my 2 V2 Provaris, heck how often do you vape at 6v anyways, even if the VMax hits a bit harder. you just crank up the Provari a bit more, though I do like the PWM it is a good system and PWM works super, but stacking Batts isnt, it's a coin toss. I would rather have the solid Provari, and if I have a problem a year down the road with my Provari I just send it to Dave at Provape and he would fix it for merely a couple of bucks, what are you going to do with the vmAX a year from now when its out of Warranty ? = buy another one thats what.:) Plus the solid build of the Provari, and most of all its USA Made.

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
..and they all said Amen'

I still like my 2 V2 Provaris, heck how often do you vape at 6v anyways, even if the VMax hits a bit harder. you just crank up the Provari a mit more, though I do like the PWM it i a good system, but stacking Batts isnt, it's a coin toss. I would rather have the solid Provari, and if I have a problem a year down the road with my Provari I just send it to Dave at Provape and he would fix it for merely a couple of bucks, what are you going to do with the vmAX a year from now when its out of Warranty ? = buy another one thats what.:) Plus the solid build of the Provari, and most of all its USA Made.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Okay, trying to get thru pbsuardo's review.....i skipped the numbers'/volts' etc...got a question for a smoktech/vmax user, what do you normally set your vmax to, with a smoktech 6 ml or 3ml tank using smoktechs dcc at 1.5 ohms , if anyone uses those, i'd love to know. ie; with my provari, its between 3.7 and 4.2

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
I guess I can add my 2 cents..... Im on my fourth ego twist because I like to set things in my lap and forget about them and when I stand up they hit the floor! But I'm still on my first provari, with the amount I've spent on twists I could have almost bought myself another provari. The provari takes a lick'n and keeps on vape'n. Twists do not! Also one of the three twist's that died on me just died, no drop, I just shut it off with the 5 click on off feature and It never turned on again! don't get me wrong, I like the twist's but their just not long term devices!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have 4 of the 1000mAh Twist myself, there not bad but dont compare to any Provari at all, its all in the Amp limit, with the twist you can notice it right away while comparing next to a provari, the twist will max out at its lower Amp limit where the Provari you can crank up more and it just provides a better vaping experience to the Twist. Dont get me wrong though the twist is good for out and about for dripping or a carto or tank, but if I had my choice ( which I do ) I would take my v2 Provari's all day long.

Last edited:

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I guess I can add my 2 cents..... Im on my fourth ego twist because I like to set things in my lap and forget about them and when I stand up they hit the floor! But I'm still on my first provari, . . . .

4 Twists at $25 = $100
1 Provari at $160 = $160.

The price gap narrows over time.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Okay, trying to get thru pbsuardo's review.....i skipped the numbers'/volts' etc...got a question for a smoktech/vmax user, what do you normally set your vmax to, with a smoktech 6 ml or 3ml tank using smoktechs dcc at 1.5 ohms , if anyone uses those, i'd love to know. ie; with my provari, its between 3.7 and 4.2

I stay around 3.3 on 3.0Ω single coil and it's plenty....with the 1.5Ω DC I've taken the VMAX to 6v and it actually output 6.2v .....anddddd needless to say it put the fear of god in me and i won't be doing that again anytime soon......or later. But I usually stay at 3.6-4.0v with the DC 1.5Ω. Thats what makes the VMAX nice and why they designed it the way they did. They simply built a mod that will vape a 1.5Ω DC all the way thru the Voltage range / selection without a hickup, no auto-down voltage to 3.52 volts like the LT, no error code...it just does it. And I will buy another 1 in a year.(if it fails), $90 bucks for a years worth of awesome mod use...I'll take it.....still beats $1200.oo for analogs. ......right?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Meeems,

I just watched the Busardo video on the vmax myself and I'm totally turned off. It's not doing what it is supposed to. Hitting hard at 3.2 volts?? I like a cooler vape. I usually do a 3 ohm at like 4.8-5.0... The fact that its hitting that hard at a 3.0-3.2 clearly shows what you set on it isn't what you get.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Hahahahah....thanks.
I stay around 3.3 on 3.0Ω single coil and it's plenty....with the 1.5Ω DC I've taken the VMAX to 6v and it actually output 6.2v .....anddddd needless to say it put the fear of god in me and i won't be doing that again anytime soon......or later. But I usually stay at 3.6-4.0v with the DC 1.5Ω. Thats what makes the VMAX nice and why they designed it the way they did. They simply built a mod that will vape a 1.5Ω DC all the way thru the Voltage range / selection without a hickup, no auto-down voltage to 3.52 volts like the LT, no error code...it just does it. And I will buy another 1 in a year.(if it fails), $90 bucks for a years worth of awesome mod use...I'll take it.....still beats $1200.oo for analogs. ......right?

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Yah, i noticed that too, and a few other flaws. maybe for a friend, but to be honest, after watching it, i'm gonna stick with the provari. I just have a funny feeling, i wouldnt use it much. i think a twist or even my kgo, and a provari is enough for indoor/outdoor useage. i'm kinda done for awhile buying mods. when i have both a stick and a provari as it is. although i never really use the kgo either, i think it would be the same for the twist..so in closing. unless i lose my provari, i'm done for awhile'.

Meeems,

I just watched the Busardo video on the vmax myself and I'm totally turned off. It's not doing what it is supposed to. Hitting hard at 3.2 volts?? I like a cooler vape. I usually do a 3 ohm at like 4.8-5.0... The fact that its hitting that hard at a 3.0-3.2 clearly shows what you set on it isn't what you get.

CapitalPuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Meeems,

Keep in mind that Busardo reviewed the V1... Apparently the V2 (shipping now) has fixed a number of the issues he talked about in his video (including the voltage tuning, LED off issue, saved settings when changing the batteries, and default 3.0 volts instead of 5.0).

I really want the Provari, but since allaboutvapor.com has the Vmax V2 with batteries (and instructions...lol) for $95 & free shipping (and a 10% off coupon code), I went for it. Mine (chrome w/clear button and blue LED) will be here tomorrow, can't wait! :)

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I found out something recently. The Provari isn't as much different than the Vmax as Provari owners like to think. From the V2 FAQ on Provape's site here.

Does the ProVari use PWM? (pulse-width modulation)

Yes, the ProVari is using PWM technology

I have no idea what purpose PWM would serve on a boost mod but, the Provari is using it. :)

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
ahhh, did not catch that.

Keep in mind that Busardo reviewed the V1... Apparently the V2 (shipping now) has fixed a number of the issues he talked about in his video (including the voltage tuning, LED off issue, saved settings when changing the batteries, and default 3.0 volts instead of 5.0).

I really want the Provari, but since allaboutvapor.com has the Vmax V2 with batteries (and instructions...lol) for $95 & free shipping (and a 10% off coupon code), I went for it. Mine will be here tomorrow, can't wait! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread