Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Great thing about vaping, to date, is there is NO shortage of options. If you can't find something you like, you're simply not looking hard enough.

Now, we can only hope this continues (Washington, DC - CAN YOU HEAR US???).

And on that note, I truly have NOTHING negative to offer about ANY device. If you like, it's damn good. But for those of you who INSIST on berating a button, well - that's just plain silly. Don't buy it. VERY simple solution. But are you accomplishing anything by berating it? Live and let live. And living, I am. Quite happily too, with my button and all.

Speaking of complications, my next one arises. OFF I GO! It HAS been fun. :)

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Enh…it's fun to argue about things on the internet. It's the same as other people being ...... off that fans don't mention the current limits on things like the Twist and Lavatube. I assumed there were other controls somewhere on the device that I couldn't see. Fortunately, I didn't order one before I saw a review that showed the menu……I would have been .......

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Why would anyone think everyone should fit into one group or the other?

Because the media and government have turned us into sheep! When was the last time we had anybody other than a Democrat or Republican in office?!? It's time to beat the sheep! Actually I'm just kidding. We probably had one in office 3 Presidents ago and I just don't know cause I don't pay attention. I have no democracy. And for those non-usa-ians reading this thread, if I don't follow my own country's stuff, I have NO clue about your country. So I'll assume that you're probably sheep too :) hehehe *fake rant over now*

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    --25 % buy Provaris because they're new and don't know any better.

--40% buy them because humans are social animals and they want to talk about them and feel accepted and loved.

--30% buy them because they're shiney and have blue and red colored lights. ( ok, that might be 95% there)

--5% buy them because they think more money spent equals a better product.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    You definitely missed at least one category. But I have NO IDEA what numeric value would be attached.

- "X"% buy because they spent a TON of money on a BUNCH of other things, yet still felt less than completely satisfied.

I speak of that which I am. Specifically, $7,388.07 since 13-Nov-11. Definitely less than the $9,450 I would have spent on cigs (for wife and self), but also definitely MUCH more than I needed to. SINCE investing in the ProVari's, my expenses have dropped precipitously (about 65% to be specific). I track stuff. Actually, I track EVERYTHING. I'm a very data-driven person.

I'd list all the devices that I have owned here, most of which ended up getting sold or given away, but I'm afraid I'd crash the ECF servers.

So, while your categories may well be representative of a portion of purchasers, your percentages are definitely not. Nor is your list complete.

I repeat something I said earlier, I have NOTHING bad to say about ANY device, including those which I felt REALLY SUCKED. Nor have I ever professed, with such confidence, to pretend to know anything about what drives someone else to do something. But I do know myself. And I do know that I fit nowhere in your perceived scenario.

But it was an entertaining read. I enjoy many works of fiction. So, thanks.

--40% buy them because humans are social animals and they want to talk about them and feel accepted and loved.

--30% buy them because they're shiney and have blue and red colored lights. ( ok, that might be 95% there)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN

Don't know what percentage I'm in but I bought the mini because it's the shortest tube vv on the market and it has an ohm meter. I really don't care about the meter for vaping, I adjust to taste no matter what the voltage says.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    In fairness, what the internet is missing most are two things, in my opinion, both being Fonts. One for humor, the other for sarcasm. Ariel 12 just doesn't quite convey emotions properly. Specificity is definitely required. Here's to you :toast:

With apologies for getting serious. :D

""But it was an entertaining read. I enjoy many works of fiction. So, thanks. ""

Oh, yeah, I was totally just winging it. Thought someone would pick up on it and do it better. You got all serious on me :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Another category missed.

x% will never buy one because they think bells and whistles are for tourists and they believe their own taste will tell them more about whether they like the vape than any meter ever could. :)

Well, hand me a disposable camera and a funny vacation shirt. I am IN!

Yes, the meters are key for me. As previously mentioned, I'm a VERY data-driven person (call me OCD or whatever you wish). The voltage meter? Not useless, but of VERY limited value (for me). My throat tells me everything I need to know in that regard. The Ohm and Battery meters? Priceless. If I need to explain why, you'd never understand me.

PRICELESS!!!

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    If you want all the features a Provari offers but do not want to pay the high price the Vmax is incredible. I love mine and could not be happier. I have never owned a Provari but I do not see how it could be any better and it costs twice the price. As for the Twist. I like to have more power when I need it and like to be able to check my ohms as well as like that I can just change the battery instead of having to charge the entire device.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Well, hand me a disposable camera and a funny vacation shirt. I am IN!

Yes, the meters are key for me. As previously mentioned, I'm a VERY data-driven person (call me OCD or whatever you wish). The voltage meter? Not useless, but of VERY limited value (for me). My throat tells me everything I need to know in that regard. The Ohm and Battery meters? Priceless. If I need to explain why, you'd never understand me.

PRICELESS!!!

I'm data driven too when it's called for. I don't need data to salt my food though. How high I have to turn the knob before it gets to where I like it tells me what I need to know about resistance and on anything I've used more than a couple days, I have a pretty good idea when the battery's gonna go. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego

Agonoize

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2012
    Wisconsin
    When i was looking at getting off the ones that actually look like cigarettes, these two were where i ended up. I dont know to much about ego. I choose provari, it is amazing, thus i am actually vaping now i don't know what to call what i was doing before. Some people in my threads did tell me the c twist isn't a true vv. i don't know what that means exactly. I am glad i picked provari. Eh, the c twist is a better value though.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    When i was looking at getting off the ones that actually look like cigarettes, these two were where i ended up. I dont know to much about ego. I choose provari, it is amazing, thus i am actually vaping now i don't know what to call what i was doing before. Some people in my threads did tell me the c twist isn't a true vv. i don't know what that means exactly. I am glad i picked provari. Eh, the c twist is a better value though.

They are probably referring to the fact that the ego twist is PWM (pulse width modulated) rather than steady voltage. So, is the Provari according to ProVape. So, by that standard it's not true VV either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread