Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
THANK YOU! I am so unhappy with my vmax, and I felt so bad for saying that. I paid $128 for the mod, $20 for 4 batteries, and $10 for the charger.

Sucks to hear that. I am in a Co-op for a VMax. Its less then half what you paid but now I question it. Too bad you didnt have a Lambo to compare it to. That's what I am trying to replace for my out and about carto tank set up. The Lambo only has a 2amp limit. Otherwise I love it but with the Genesis Atty it eats a 18650 in a matter of hours. It loves battery's.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
At the risk of repeating myself, from other threads and possibly even within this one, the ProVari is the (by far) simplest of all the electronic devices in my daily repertoire.

That being said, I also feel that a decision to buy a ProVari (or not) based on the menu/button is like basing one's car buying decision on the placement of the cup-holder.

If that's what floats your boat...

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
4450b0ec-4cdc-b3cb.jpg

Got mine today. Now I understand. Hold one and you will get it too.

The menu is learned. Took 18.52 seconds. Simple.

And it might be just me so ymmv but my juices taste better in the provari vs my silver kicked bullet at the same volts/watts. Idk why. Same carto+ tank with same juice. Things just taste better.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
At the risk of repeating myself, from other threads and possibly even within this one, the ProVari is the (by far) simplest of all the electronic devices in my daily repertoire.

That being said, I also feel that a decision to buy a ProVari (or not) based on the menu/button is like basing one's car buying decision on the placement of the cup-holder.

If that's what floats your boat...

Oddly enough, that menu is why I'll never buy a Provari or a Vmax for that matter. I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape. I will never have a mod that I have to look at to change the voltage.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oddly enough, that menu is why I'll never buy a Provari or a Vmax for that matter. I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape. I will never have a mod that I have to look at to change the voltage.

I changed mine often too, when I used my LT. The only time I change the ProVari though, is if I'm also changing what sits on top of it. I believe you'll find that's the norm with most ProVari users, while the opposite holds true for most LT users.

Draw your own conclusions. I've already drawn & realized mine (newsflash).

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I have totally come to the conclusion, that i must have been doing nothing, 24/7 but inhaling'....because i had to change that mini every 3 hours. dead serious.

meems,
You know, I was worried about the 18350 battery life at first. I got the extension tube for the 18490, but I like how the standard end cap looks much better. But the ext. cap does make it a better length for me to hold. When I first got my mini (a week or two ago), I charged the batts and put the little '350 in. Went from about 3pm saturday to noon monday. Amazing! I thought I was a pretty heavy vaper, but I guess not. I also have about 3 devices w/ me all the time, so I don't really use 1 exclusively, but was using the mini quite a bit. Yea, so I was amazed with how long those little batteries last me. And if they do die, I just put a fresh one in- I always have extra batteries, juice, attys, etc. I'm paranoid about devices failing and then I can't get my fix!

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
....'and they all said AMEN!

I'm going to go back and read up on this thread, but I thought I'd add in my reasons for buying a Provari after a year of saying it was too expensive and 5 clicks to get into the menu was ridiculous.

First, the price steered me away until I realized that it corresponded to the amount I spent monthly for my carton a week habit while smoking.

Second, once I got it, I realized that the menu is a breeze after the first day and I only had to get into it if I needed to change the voltage or check my battery level or check that my atomizer resistance was as advertised. Now it seems natural. I had to click 5 times to turn my eGo on or off. Past that, it was just selecting the function I needed.

Third, it's remarkably accurate in maintaining voltage no matter what coil resistance I use. If I set it at 4.0v with a 3 ohm carto and install my inline digital voltmeter, it reads 3.99v. If I set it at 4.0 volts with a 1.5 ohm dual coil, it reads the same.

If my carto is shorted, I get an E1 code. It produces a list of fault codes that indicate various conditions. I've only seen those a couple of times and there really was a coil resistance problem on a carto out of the box.

It's all stainless steel including the threads for the battery cap. That means it will last and the threads won't wear out over time. It's heavy at 9 ounces, but soon becomes a normal, solid feel. I also like the one year warranty. I send if back, they fix it and pay for the return shipping. For $24.95, you can extend that to two years. I don't generally buy extended warranties, but I did in this case. I can't buy the parts to repair it myself.

As with any good vv device, every vape is the same as the last. I'd buy another one, although there's some competition hitting the market that will probably reshape the playing field. A year from now the ecig world will be full of vv devices that look like the Provari and life for vapers will be much more interesting. I have several ecigs and use them at various times, but I always go right back to the Provari.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I'm sorry, Mickey, I honestly TRIED to refrain but simply couldn't.

Your comment, "I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape", is one of the most absurd things I've ever read. Think about it. If you've found a sweet spot, and your device is working properly, WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE VOLTAGE?

Now, I know I may not be normal, but I've been using the same cartos on my device since May 22nd. Do you know when the last time I changed my voltage was? May 22nd. The vape is perfect (for me). Every time. No change. Ever.

So, seriously?

What I do use a lot is the battery-level check. Particularly if I'm heading out for awhile (and sometimes just for the heck of it!). And the 15 seconds that it takes me to check the battery has absolutely ZERO negative impact on my schedule. But maybe you cut things closer than I do, as a rule, and that would REALLY SCREW THINGS UP for you. I don't know, but I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

And I'll extend my apologies, in advance, for being a pr*ck with this message. I recall "going all serious" on you once previously, so I hope you weren't being facetious (again) with that comment. If so, I'll feel bad (again).

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Your comment, "I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape", is one of the most absurd things I've ever read. Think about it. If you've found a sweet spot, and your device is working properly, WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE VOLTAGE?

You need to change the voltage because the resistance you are vaping at is not constant. Atomizers change resistance as they are used. Also atomizers are rarely precisely the stated resistance. There's quite a bit of variation there. There is also your mood and circumstances. Different juices taste better at different voltages. If you think a number is all that matters and taste doesn't count, then you might have a point. I think my taste is all that matters and the numbers don't count.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
OK, fair point. I not longer experiment with juices either though. I use one. One carto, one juice. Which probably explains why I don't change mine. And, to your point, my wife's juice tastes better (12mg) at a lower voltage than mine (18mg). And I DO vape to taste, not the number, which explains why I know the info in my previous sentence. I just HAPPEN to know the number, because the device tells me what it is. But it is of no value to where I vape.

You "juice-bounce", I don't. That explains EVERYTHING.

To prove MY point (that I don't vape to a number), you know that chart that everyone circulates? I'm nowhere NEAR what it says I should be doing.

Point taken, pr*cky comment retracted. With apologies.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
You need to change the voltage because the resistance you are vaping at is not constant. Atomizers change resistance as they are used. Also atomizers are rarely precisely the stated resistance. There's quite a bit of variation there. There is also your mood and circumstances. Different juices taste better at different voltages. If you think a number is all that matters and taste doesn't count, then you might have a point. I think my taste is all that matters and the numbers don't count.

I change my votage a bit also. Personally, I like lower in the morning. I'm a couple days in with the provari, no issues with the one button. My vtube is a bit easier, but to be honest I think the provari is easier than the vid review with psubaro made it look. It is ALL pseronal preference. I am happy if you have something that works for you. I really am digging the provari, but it is not, and will not be the only thing I will ever use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread