The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari vs eGo Twist.

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by brummyjon, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Striker911

Striker911 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Mountain Home, AR
    Sucks to hear that. I am in a Co-op for a VMax. Its less then half what you paid but now I question it. Too bad you didnt have a Lambo to compare it to. That's what I am trying to replace for my out and about carto tank set up. The Lambo only has a 2amp limit. Otherwise I love it but with the Genesis Atty it eats a 18650 in a matter of hours. It loves battery's.

2. tobarger

tobarger Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    NorthCoastOhio
    Just passing through
    Thought I saw some Noobs come in here
    They shouldn't oughta see this

3. Striker911

Striker911 Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Mountain Home, AR
    shouldn't oughta LMAO. Maybe I had one too many but that's funny right there.

4. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    At the risk of repeating myself, from other threads and possibly even within this one, the ProVari is the (by far) simplest of all the electronic devices in my daily repertoire.

That being said, I also feel that a decision to buy a ProVari (or not) based on the menu/button is like basing one's car buying decision on the placement of the cup-holder.

If that's what floats your boat...

5. cerver7

cerver7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    [​IMG]

Got mine today. Now I understand. Hold one and you will get it too.

The menu is learned. Took 18.52 seconds. Simple.

And it might be just me so ymmv but my juices taste better in the provari vs my silver kicked bullet at the same volts/watts. Idk why. Same carto+ tank with same juice. Things just taste better.

6. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Oddly enough, that menu is why I'll never buy a Provari or a Vmax for that matter. I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape. I will never have a mod that I have to look at to change the voltage.

7. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I changed mine often too, when I used my LT. The only time I change the ProVari though, is if I'm also changing what sits on top of it. I believe you'll find that's the norm with most ProVari users, while the opposite holds true for most LT users.

Draw your own conclusions. I've already drawn & realized mine (newsflash).

8. tobarger

tobarger Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2010
    NorthCoastOhio
    Same here, I think its the chrome !!!

9. cerver7

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    Lol only if that were true :)

10. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I think it's the button.

11. meeems

meeems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I have totally come to the conclusion, that i must have been doing nothing, 24/7 but inhaling'....because i had to change that mini every 3 hours. dead serious.

12. meeems

meeems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Wisconsin
    ....'and they all said AMEN!

13. cerver7

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    It may be cause mine has no logo. That's it. No logo makes the juice taste better!

14. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Yes! That too.

15. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm sorry, Mickey, I honestly TRIED to refrain but simply couldn't.

Your comment, "I adjust my voltage a lot and if you don't, you could be getting a better vape", is one of the most absurd things I've ever read. Think about it. If you've found a sweet spot, and your device is working properly, WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE VOLTAGE?

Now, I know I may not be normal, but I've been using the same cartos on my device since May 22nd. Do you know when the last time I changed my voltage was? May 22nd. The vape is perfect (for me). Every time. No change. Ever.

So, seriously?

What I do use a lot is the battery-level check. Particularly if I'm heading out for awhile (and sometimes just for the heck of it!). And the 15 seconds that it takes me to check the battery has absolutely ZERO negative impact on my schedule. But maybe you cut things closer than I do, as a rule, and that would REALLY SCREW THINGS UP for you. I don't know, but I'll grant you the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

And I'll extend my apologies, in advance, for being a pr*ck with this message. I recall "going all serious" on you once previously, so I hope you weren't being facetious (again) with that comment. If so, I'll feel bad (again).

16. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    You need to change the voltage because the resistance you are vaping at is not constant. Atomizers change resistance as they are used. Also atomizers are rarely precisely the stated resistance. There's quite a bit of variation there. There is also your mood and circumstances. Different juices taste better at different voltages. If you think a number is all that matters and taste doesn't count, then you might have a point. I think my taste is all that matters and the numbers don't count.

17. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    OK, fair point. I not longer experiment with juices either though. I use one. One carto, one juice. Which probably explains why I don't change mine. And, to your point, my wife's juice tastes better (12mg) at a lower voltage than mine (18mg). And I DO vape to taste, not the number, which explains why I know the info in my previous sentence. I just HAPPEN to know the number, because the device tells me what it is. But it is of no value to where I vape.

You "juice-bounce", I don't. That explains EVERYTHING.

To prove MY point (that I don't vape to a number), you know that chart that everyone circulates? I'm nowhere NEAR what it says I should be doing.

Point taken, pr*cky comment retracted. With apologies.

18. thinkingaboutit

thinkingaboutit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    mn
    I change my votage a bit also. Personally, I like lower in the morning. I'm a couple days in with the provari, no issues with the one button. My vtube is a bit easier, but to be honest I think the provari is easier than the vid review with psubaro made it look. It is ALL pseronal preference. I am happy if you have something that works for you. I really am digging the provari, but it is not, and will not be the only thing I will ever use.

19. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Because every juice has a different sweet spot.

20. Kremppie

Kremppie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    McKinney TX
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.