ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
A final Travel

Backstory - Kenny Loggins was a 17-year-old high-school senior, staring down his impending adulthood, when he wrote "House at Pooh Corner." The song was inspired by A.A. Milne's 1928 book "The House at Pooh Corner," a collection of short stories about Winnie the Pooh and the rest of the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood.
But by 1970 — when the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band wanted to record the song — Pooh had been turned into a Disney character, and the company's lawyers tried to stop the song from being released. That's where fate stepped in.
The song was also included on Loggins and Messina's 1971 album "Sittin' In." It was added at the last minute because the album's producer said the album needed one more song.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes the best musicians you meet..... IDK if any of you ever met Blelvis. He was a fixture in downtown DC for a while. He would come to you, (the first time) and be like, "Hello, I am Blelvis." You'd be like "Who?" and he would explain he was "Black Elvis" and he invited you to pick a topic ANY TOPIC and he would sing a relevant Elvis song. I wish I had him here, right now, I would offer up the term "PANDEMIC" but one time (cuz if you met Blelvis once you wanted to interact with him again) I asked him if he had ever been stumped and he said, no and he would sing you your song, and you would give him money and I would always say, "Dude, pick the right drugs, you are actually a good singer don't kill your vocal cords," and the first time I said that he sang me a song connected to vocal cords as bonus (I forget which one I am not so big on the Elvis pantheon but HE sure was, as a bonus.)

I don't know what happened to him but he was awesome.

I thoroughly am a fan of street musicians. Except for Joshua Bell and his "revealing" subway performance study but that is mainly because I hated Joshua Bell and his musical genius from the first Kennedy Center performance my mom dragged me to, I think he actually DOES NOT deserve more than subway change in his Stradivarius case, but meh.

I could just be jealous because he had a Strad but he was soulless and I told my mom I knew plenty of better fiddlers than "That guy." We argued. I am proud of me that I did not tell her, "No wonder you like him, you can't sing in tune." My dad's family was musical and we all were and we ALL agreed to the fact her pitch was poor. Sometimes we would all rag on her together, we were mean. If you love to sing, you should sing. Even if it's Christmas carols. They were mandatory.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have been exploring James Parson further the dude who like wrote my funeral song.

He's really great. I sort of think I have a list of people I could send it to, but IDK if I want to initiate contact. So I post it here. Man I love good lyricists and singers I really do. It's actually annoying I can only listen to songs a) driving b) cleaning c) yoga and only SOMETIMES. I literally can't enjoy it in the background due to the need to listen to the song first. I also include another pleasant offering, first, because it IS a better song. It's also... deep.

I am always happy when I find a new artist who is good.

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
one of my favorite songs!!!

@AstroTurf
I really enjoyed that tune!
I'm not a Republican nor a democratic.
I wish Trump could control his mouth. Or, at least express himself better.
But, of course, whatever he says will obviously be twisted by the media, I'm sad to say.
I do believe he wants the best for the country and its citizens. Which isn't to say he's always right. But, the media will say he's always wrong. So.
I'm alone in my immediate family, all others of the standard "liberal" mentality, which I was not so long ago. It's lonely here. I probably still am in most ways. But, the system is deeply broken in many ways. Though I think Trump sees this, he's been hamstrung, both by the system and by his ability.
Strangely enough, I think if he loses in November, we're screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread