Zephyrhills Fl.
0.jpeg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I had the pleasure of seeing Yes (in their various forms) several times. Always a great show. I believe Chris Squire died before this HoF performance and Geddy was given the opportunity to stand in for his bass hero.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All my cats ate dried food, I figured if they didn't know better. So did my toddler, only he could see my deep distress even after I read the ingredients and I was like, "Meh." But he could tell deep down I HATED it. I mean EVERY day we'd go outside and I was like "I will not let the toddler win" and he would make a big production over eating a piece or two. I would studiously ignore it. Then a wild skunk with her babies came around so it had to be addressed more severely.

For a time, the little brother was trying to figure out if he was an alcoholic. All the sibs asked me because they knew I *was* one. I had the sis asking because she got depressed and drank a lot but also took migraine meds to "knock her out." She probably drinks a bit too much and said one of the most classic lines of alcoholism I have ever heard after going to AA for a bit. "Life is TOO short to never drink again." I was like, "Uh I have no opinion on that you will have to decide for yourself because that is either rational or completely the opposite.."

The younger brother said he worried but he felt like he did not have "Enough stories for AA." I asked him the kind of things he did when drunk. He said, "One time, I ate wet cat food." I was like, "WHY?????" He said he wondered how it was for the elderly and felt he wanted some solidarity with them.

I told him, "Okay, you may feel your drinking is boring, but I am telling you if I had that to talk about I would bring it up to EVERY meeting I went to for a long, long time."

Then they decide they aren't and they get all squirrely. I had to text my sis, "So I am guessing AA is a NO for your but guess what I go to Al-anon too! I don't care how much you drink or don't and the only attendance I am concerned about at meetings is my own....."

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread