Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

fleur_de_lis-in-FL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Central FL
WOW.
That's great. I live in Massachusetts, and I'm really fed up with it here. I tried ordering some stuff to take advantage of Labor Day sales, and one online vendor hit me with a 75% state excise tax on some coils and a mod. 75% just about doubled the cost!!! Cancelled that order.
The state and my local governments are also all gung-ho on lockdowns and masks. I bike a lot to try and keep healthy and keep my mind off this crap. But all over the bike trails and in my town are big old signs advising me that masks are mandated here all the time. I'm ignoring that, but how long before they go after folks?
So, FL is increasingly appealing thanks to vaping, and soon winter weather.
My son tells me that FL is not a biking friendly state. My niece tells me that it's really conservative.
Anybody on this thread live down there and would help enlighten me?

I am in central FL not in a big city, sort of the burbs of Tampa. My son likes to bike, we do have a bike trail (suncoast trail) next to the expressway. He likes going there, but riding on the roads in between are a little scary. He doesn’t even like riding in the neighborhood because drivers suck. I do see other riders around the neighborhood, though. Not all areas have sidewalks, most major roads do. There are many hiking and possible biking trails not really sure.

It is hot and humid most of the year, we are in the upper 80 right now. Ilived n the panhandle before moving here and it has more of 4 seasons.

Most of the cities are not conservative whereas alot of the less populated areas are more conservative. The counties around the cities have enacted masks requirements while my county has not, but most stores do require masks.

Hope that helps some.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Yes, that's helpful, thanks for your reply.

when you say the counties have enacted mask requirements, do you mean walking around outside or just within shops?

the bike trail leaving Tampa or St.Pete is supposed to be great.

I do have a hard time with labels like conservative etc. I'll happily let people do their thing if they don't encroach on mine. What does that make me?

Hot and humid? I've never been a real fan of humidity. But, in the middle of winter, coupled with warmth? Maybe nice.

I've only been to Fl twice and both were to Palm Beach on business trips in winter and loved it. Was that the same sort of heat/humidity you were referring to?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
are u saved Anna?

Jim

I am SHOCKED you had to ask me that. I look at it not so much saved, as presidentially pardoned. You know, you don't really deserve the reprieve but some authority more than you gives it to you anyway and you are like "SWEET."

Then you start to wonder what you might have to do in return, to balance the scales.

Ah ahm spiritual, religious, an atheist, a philosopher and other stuff, but I won't know if I am saved until I'm dead, cuz I like to mix it up in a LARGE shaker kinda and it's a different flavor every day.

More like: "annoyed with society." That post, I was wishing *I* could go on up or "Everyone else" could you know either or.

But however you approach it fact: Great song for stomping around English clubs in and Drinking Newcastle brown ale in Doc Martens the British really made that song their own.

Anna

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
EiMtP9QWkAEoO7j

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Florida | Rails-to-Trails Conservancy

Yes, that's helpful, thanks for your reply.

when you say the counties have enacted mask requirements, do you mean walking around outside or just within shops?

the bike trail leaving Tampa or St.Pete is supposed to be great.

I do have a hard time with labels like conservative etc. I'll happily let people do their thing if they don't encroach on mine. What does that make me?

Hot and humid? I've never been a real fan of humidity. But, in the middle of winter, coupled with warmth? Maybe nice.

I've only been to Fl twice and both were to Palm Beach on business trips in winter and loved it. Was that the same sort of heat/humidity you were referring to?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just slept for 12 hours straight. No lie. This is ironic because it was my first day without any Ambien (been on the slow steady taper.) IDK if the shock and horror of the slow, steady taper resulted in this but the husband said, "Since you have not done that in over 5 months and you were still sick at the time, I let you." I kinda have that weird feeling of when you slept too long. I have no idea how this will impact my weekend because I have way too much to do already, but like, oh well. Gonna have to ask the husband to NOT do that tomorrow although I guess it was good.

I mean, hopefully I keep sleeping like that. Or whatever. Or more normally but yeah.

Anyway, I had like one of the worst days ever where I had been complaining a process was not working for me and everyone kept blowing me off, like it was my fault and I kept politely insisting that I understood the training just fine and it literally took about 6 hours of emails explaining and answering and discussing and I was gonna like IDK, cut myself only then it became this detective movie where a thin tissue paper of lies and deceptions were discovered and I was not Happy. it was the dumbest stuff at first like, "Well, the first few weeks we couldn't find her. Like, it was really hard, you have to not put a space after the comma to get someone's name to pop up." I was shown that like on the first day of my employment, but that's not what burns me. YOU DON"T IGNORE IT. You GO GO GET HELP.

So after that the other chick got on this detective trail and said my process for the last TWO weeks was the requests she had confirmed with the front desk were LIES in that they were like, "Oh yeah, we have done them." Only they didn't.

I kinda emailed back faintly, "Oh my... Yes, the no space thing is a bit disorienting. I, ah, don't really know what to say about the missing requests. Anyway, I am cc'ing my supervisors because I really don't feel comfortable addressing that with the schedulers because it took a LONG time and I am still tying to finish notes that I requested be changed like, since before 11 am. It would almost be funny;.... but one of those pts was suicidal."

Then nice investigation lady was like, "Just check out my schedule and I will show you how to generate requests and blah." I was like, "Oh gosh how exciting you are having a baby! Well, I can take a look next week but I am not allowed to access my schedule except for "tomorrow." and well that is Saturday and it doesn't help me much."

Then I got this deluge of "help" from the front desk where I WAS like, I am gonna leave these notes dang it only all of a sudden they were all complete and if *I* didn't stay I would be the person in trouble. So I left an hour late. It was horrible.

Good times. I really want my own schedule because I know this is not going to "stick" i will get a monthly cycle of "resentment" because SA like schedules so much compared to other providers. But, I am gonna demand time frames on requests and start taking screen shots. That kind of thing. Cuz it really sucked.

Anna

Their supervisor must have been like cc'd on the emails the aid was speedy and ah, sort of frantic. I don't care that much if people hate me or not but it's really nicer if they don't. It's not like they couldn't do SOME of the scheduling but eh.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Today was super busy catching up on stupid trainings I could mostly GUESS except it's the government, dude, so 90% is GREAT except the 10% *I* don't know and could NEVER guess etc. So....I did them. Then I wrote my letter and the husband edited it. (I mean, there was no confidential information besides "This is how the schedulers suck.) He wrote contracts for million dollar buildings so it became precise and concise.... if it doesn't get me scheduling privileges, I don't know what will.

If I don't get scheduling privileges I do not know how I will cope.

You know that department, the "fun" one where the twit (although they are all doing it) goofy one announces how she is addicted to this video game on her phone and they all are and you think to yourself, "How nice and an instant firable offense! I don't have enough time at lunch to find a NEW DOCTOR." But you don't say it. And, you did not hear that from me. It's not in my email it's actually not even necessary.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread