Puresmoker 4 hole atomizer generic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
I'm not so happy. I just got home and tried out my 4-hole generic pen. Now, what am I gonna do with the 7 2-hole atomizers? I haven't even used 4 of them (I stocked up for spare reasons). You think puresmoker will have an exchange program? lol

I will admit, the draw is not is easy as the Janty, but I find this to be a good thing.

I guess I'll just start a collection of emergency-backup 2-hole atomizers (sigh) lol

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
My cool new PureSmoker black e-cig with the blue light is my current favorite! I've had it since 9/12 and have been using it for about 8 hours a day. And I use these things like a pacifier! It's still going as strong as it did on the first day and I haven't even cleaned the atomizer yet. I've been using Jane's Kick Abandon Mint e-liquid with it. I use a cartridge and top it off when needed. Way to go Cash!

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
I just got my black classic / blue light from Cash yesterday. I like it WAY WAY better than the 901 mini I was using. Out of the box the draw was light and perfect with lots of vape. I have noticed that in a mere half day of use, the draw has become harder with not as much vape but still better than the mini. I wonder why that is.
Any ideas?
I ordered the 4 hole but I can't see any holes at all so I can't really tell if it's 4 holes or not. Where did they hide those holes? I assume they are in the groove in the ring at the threaded end.
But, nice job Cash.
I like.

My cool new PureSmoker black e-cig with the blue light is my current favorite! I've had it since 9/12 and have been using it for about 8 hours a day. And I use these things like a pacifier! It's still going as strong as it did on the first day and I haven't even cleaned the atomizer yet. I've been using Jane's Kick Abandon Mint e-liquid with it. I use a cartridge and top it off when needed. Way to go Cash!

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
Ok, I swapped out the batt. That helped the vape quantity / quality. The draw is still harder than when new but not too bad. I'd like it to be easier but I can live with this.
I'm hesitant to swap out the atomizer until it's totally dead. Don't want to have a bunch of half used atomizers laying about.

I've noticed when my battery is running low the draw gets harder.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
coustanis ... The first 50-100 puffs on a new atomizer will always be intense. That is their "factory prime" that everyone speaks so highly of. Your atomizer then starts to break in. Just make sure to drain her every night and if you feel the draw is getting harder then it should, a couple quick blows from the battery side won't hurt. :)

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
Ok, factory prime. I didn't know they did that but it sure is sweet. It was so intense I caught a buzz. That and a couple of beers and I was feeling good last night.
To drain it I guess I just blow it out with my mouth and sit it on a paper towel, battery side up. Or, should I rinse it with water first?

coustanis ... The first 50-100 puffs on a new atomizer will always be intense. That is their "factory prime" that everyone speaks so highly of. Your atomizer then starts to break in. Just make sure to drain her every night and if you feel the draw is getting harder then it should, a couple quick blows from the battery side won't hurt. :)

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
I took the battery off the atomizer off and the draw got easier. Drawing through the battery alone is very difficult. Is air supposed to draw through the battery tube like it does with the 901? If so, it's very restricted.
Where did they hide the atomizer holes?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Ok, factory prime. I didn't know they did that but it sure is sweet. It was so intense I caught a buzz. That and a couple of beers and I was feeling good last night.
To drain it I guess I just blow it out with my mouth and sit it on a paper towel, battery side up. Or, should I rinse it with water first?

Yup. Just blow it out a couple time and set the atomizer upside down on a paper towel at night.

I took the battery off the atomizer off and the draw got easier. Drawing through the battery alone is very difficult. Is air supposed to draw through the battery tube like it does with the 901? If so, it's very restricted.
Where did they hide the atomizer holes?

Air is not supposed to pass through the battery much ... LOL ... The draw is hard because you are activating the switch to turn it on/off. :D

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
Ok, and I found the holes. They're on the inside of the battery end ring.

Yup. Just blow it out a couple time and set the atomizer upside down on a paper towel at night.

Air is not supposed to pass through the battery much ... LOL ... The draw is hard because you are activating the switch to turn it on/off. :D

coustanis, I wouldn't rinse it out with anything unless you HAVE to. (When it starts getting a bad taste.)

Once you start cleaning these with liquids, their longevity diminishes.

I'll say something else--people recommend mouthwash, but personally I don't think that's a good idea. I think there must be some type of oily substance in mouthwash that isn't good for 'em. For me, if the atomizer starts tasting bad, I soak it for 1/2 hour in a small glass with half water, half white vinegar. Then rinse well, blow out both sides, and dry the interior with a hairdryer on low (rust can move in fast on these babies!)

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
I just got my 4-hole Pen style and I have to say, CaSH has done it again. I love my 901 that I got from him, although, the battery life hasn't been great and I have to refill my carts like every few hours. But this thing? It's so easy to draw from that it's almost like sipping through a straw.

I love the black matte finish and the blue LED. Plus, I ordered on Friday and had it yesterday. Amazing service and a good product makes this another winner for Steve!

Note: I ordered 2x extra atomizers just in case. Do yourself a favor and always order extra parts. Steve sells a quality product but, the technology is still not great.

coustanis

Aug 29, 2008
How about isopropyl alcohol?

coustanis, I wouldn't rinse it out with anything unless you HAVE to. (When it starts getting a bad taste.)

Once you start cleaning these with liquids, their longevity diminishes.

I'll say something else--people recommend mouthwash, but personally I don't think that's a good idea. I think there must be some type of oily substance in mouthwash that isn't good for 'em. For me, if the atomizer starts tasting bad, I soak it for 1/2 hour in a small glass with half water, half white vinegar. Then rinse well, blow out both sides, and dry the interior with a hairdryer on low (rust can move in fast on these babies!)

SmokingInTexas

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2008
Texas, USA
OK, I'm curious...

Who says cleaning/washing/boiling the atomizer diminishes it's ... longevity?

I have noticed a huge performance boost following boiling, and I'm still using the same 4-6 atomizers I started with a month and a half ago. I don't recall reading anything on the forum that "proves" or supports that washing/cleaning the atomizer in any way reduces their lifespan and I doubt many here have been using them long enough to determine that. I do understand that it could POSSIBLY reduce lifespan, but so far, for me, I ain't seeing it.

I'm not trying to sound ... defensive, but I think there are an enormous amount of variables in peoples use/care of these devices, and I think we should be careful before any of us make statements that points to a specific cause of failure for a device.

Now, I DO know that washing the atomizer in hydrochloric acid can have a definite negative effect on the atomizer, and it makes the paint look all fuzzy. (And no, I didn't really clean one that way. :thumb:)

Ruby

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2008
LOL - I do have a little craft one but my 2 holers are still new - might try that once the atomisers start to give up the ghostie. I had a wee luck when I discovered my cheapie generic has 4 holes . It was a little beaut to vape at first but today it's not looking good...I think it's not well made sadly or maybe this one had a defect shortening it's life significantly.Hoping my 2 holers last a lot longer than that.

Texas, you're right--I'm no authority on cleaning these buggers; just that when I began e-smoking in June, talk of washing the atomizers wasn't even recommended (and a couple suppliers stated it would void the warranty).

So I held off on doing it until the taste got bad and wouldn't go away--and I only did so because my first 3 atomizers were from Smartfixx, who were selling 'em at 40.00 a pop--for one atomizer. (Oh wait--they still ARE selling 'em for that price, for the classic Penstyle piece. Brother!)

Anyway--it was after the initial washings that I noticed the bad taste returned after just another couple weeks, another wash, lasted a single week, another wash, a few days, then dead.

This happened with ALL 3 of my smartfixx atomizers.

I bought 2-3 white pens from myecig.com, when they began with that burnt taste is when I tried the mouthwash soak and I was never able to get rid of the taste. (For the record, I used the alcohol soak too. But for me at least, the vinegar solution worked best.) Anyway, they lasted even shorter than the Smartfixx models, after the first wash.

I know these things aren't meant to last forever, but once you start washing and seeing a little rust forming on the inside...you're doomed. Maybe I'm not drying them well enough, I've tried to be thorough. But the ones I had for app. 3 months--all dead.

I just thank God I don't have to pay 40.00 for a single atomizer again!

sorry for the double-posting, but can I say one more thing?

I'm so in love with these 4-hole atomizers that I'm on the verge of weeping with joy!

I have 2, been keeping them set aside "for special occasions", but was sitting here with my remaining old white pen, just put a strawberry cart in it, puffing in vain for some wisps; I thought "aw screw it!" and stuck the cart in one of Steves 4 holed gadgets.

What a difference! Big plumes, easy draw...strawberry! Ah....

(Earlier today I went to his site and ordered 2 more pens; if I could afford it, I'd order a bushel and never worry about cleaning an atomizer again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread