PureSmoker ... is ... MOVING !!!! (small biography within as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaz1973

Feb 25, 2009
Steve,

Is there any way you can get a family member to lend a hand OR take on a temp for the ten days during your move?

As this is a new business, you might not want to shut your doors for 10 days. 10 days may not seem like a long time but it could be an eternity for lost revenue.

I don't know how much product you can move daily, on average, but it seems like recently you have been completing 150+ orders per day. Ten days closed is 1500 orders not completed. I don't know what your profit per order average is but 1500 has got to be a sizeable hit. And don't think there won't be some lag in sales once your doors do reopen. There is no real honor among cusumers. We consider price and delivery time before customer service. Customer service settles ties. If your doors are closed for 10 days you're not competing. Business is competition.

Why not just leave the new guy behind for the ten days and take on two short term employees for the ten day period (one in cali and one in Tn)? The economy's bad now and it can't be hard to find a minimum wage to $10/hr temp.

Just my .02.

Puresmoker crew,

Thanks for the history. I know I am truly impressed with you all. I find stories such as yours an inspiration in these trying times. It is great to hear of people still being to build something successful through hard work and integrity.

I hope to be telling a story such as yours sometime in the future.:)

I wish you all the best of luck! I am sure you will find your new life in Nashville a breath of fresh air. I moved my family from Silicon Valley to Austin almost four years ago. It was the best decision I have ever made. Life out here is quite different. People are friendly and helpful. I'm sure you will all be much happier in your new location. California is just getting crazy!

Keep up the good work!

Mr and Mrs Cash,
Edit: And Daniel!!!!!

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic! I can drive to TN in 15 hrs so if I ever have an emergency depletion of stuff... it is much better than CA lol :) If you guys ever become a "chain" I want the first NY PureSmoker Franchise! I would promise to run it with EXCELLENT customer service like you guys do!

Firstly... I agree w/Shaz that if you could get someone to cover orders (if there was somewhere to store and ship from) in CA until you got settled and then ship you the excess inventory.. would be better for not losing profit... but I am sure all the loyal customers will be there when the dust settles after only 10 days if it is not possible.

Second... I handed out more PS cards at a new Booby Bar last night.. the girls were so excited about them! Strippers are great advertisers... they come into contact with a LOT of people (smokers) a night so be sure to send extra bus cards to any NY orders lol!

Third... I am doing a video review for a NON puresmoker device and I feel like a cheater! But.. I believe in fairness and I have to give other devices a fair chance lol :)

I am just soooo happy for you guys! No need to reply.. get packing!

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Steve and Joanne, if there is anything I can do to make the transition easier, PLEASE let me know!!

I want to add, for those of you that have never met Steve and Joanne. They are 2 of the sweetest people you could ever want to meet! Steve is a super-smart guy and Joanne is everything a partner should be! They are a great team!

By locating to TN, they will now be within 500 miles of half the population in the US!

I feel very blessed and fortunate to have them as soon-to-be neighbors!

zauriel

Feb 16, 2009
Springfield, MO
We won't have a store front just yet, but are in talks with a couple large chains in TN that will likely be carrying our product.

First of all, congrats on the move ... I used to live in Nashville, it's a very nice place and just about 7 hours from where I'm at now in Missouri. I'm originally from California myself and loved it there but after living in the south/midwest for the majority of my life, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! :)

As for these chains that you're in talks with ... are they national? Regional? Or just specific to TN? Just curious if anyone outside of TN might one day be able to go to the store to stock up instead of hunting the website!

bea58

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Hi guys, first off, congrats on your success, I've only been watching this site for a couple weeks now, being new and all, but have noticed how well thought of your operation is in everything from product to customer service.

I'd like to order my very first e cig. And I've decided it must be the plat pilot.

Can you give me a clue as to when they will be back in stock?

Waiting, breathless. Literally, but hopefully for not much longer...

Oh, and one more question. I smoke skinny little Capri Menthol lights now. So of course I'll get the menthol juice, but what strength would be best? I'm just a wee bit concerned about overdoing it considering the wimpy little fags I'm used to.

Thanks so much and I look forward to losing my e cig virginity to you folks!

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Steve and Joanna, a huge congratulations to you both!

When I tried ecigs again this past fall after a year's hiatus, PureSmoker was the first place I found to order some parts and liquid from - lucky me.

Here's hoping the move and business expansion goes very smoothly for you, and your furbabies!

Yolanda

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
congrats steve...

oddly enough when you posted your report on the airport security all i could think was the return airport MUST be Nashville hehehehehe

now that you're going to be less than an hour away i guess i'll have to just pick up my orders instead of waiting 2 days for them LOL

if you do hire anybody to help... gimmie a pm or sommat and lemme know what you're looking for..i may be able to help :)

again.. congrats and welcome to music city

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
WOW! What a cool thing to happen. The only thing that would be cooler is to move to Atlanta instead and put my E250 cargo van to work as well as my wife.

Nashville is close enough for me to stop by some day and pay you guys a visit.

Based on my calculations, it should take about 3 hours to ship to me from TN instead of the crazy 2 days that it took from CA. LOL

Before you guys move, I HAVE GOT to get a couple of DSE901 passthroughs from ya. You aren't allowed to move until you have shipped them. :)

Do you and Daniel like fishing?

Haha ... Thanks Biscuit. No worries, if you already ordered, it will easily be taken care of before. If you have yet to order and are waiting for an update, the site will be stocked sometime this week to try and liquidate all remaining (unboxed) product. :)

And Yes, we BOTH love to fish !!!!

Wow, you are only going to be down for 10 days! WOW!!! That's really short. How's that going to be possible? Good Luck with the move!!!

Steve, can you tell us when the exact day and time your last stock will be live on the website? Cuz, I'm way sure that everything will be gone within minutes. I'm way low on juice and can't last until you reopen in TN.

Are you still going to limit buys per user so nobody hordes all of the stock? I really need the sampler in 11mg. Is there a way I pre-order and send you the payment now?

BTW Steve, What did you and Joanna do for a living before PS? If, you don't mind me asking.

Thanks, and again, Good Luck!!!

Thanks Pos! We'll actually be doing the move in 1 straight shot ... Roughly 30 hours, non stop driving (except to let Kaylee Poop/Pee, gas, etc...) Early Morning wakeup for hopefully a next day afternoon/evening arrival.

Shoot me a PM ... I will put an 11mg juice sample pack on hold for you. Samples packs, the rest of the juice, kits, LOTS of parts, etc... will be going up sometimes this week.

I was an Operations Manager for a Dental Technology Firm. Joanna was an Office Manager for a Heating/AC company. :)

Congratulations on your business success!! Best of luck with your move... we'll miss you being on the west coast! :(

Thanks Mixxy! If I lived up in Oregon/Washington, I may miss the west coast too ... however, I will NOT miss Cali ... We went to Venice today for Kaylee's barkday and it was just horrible ... Never again. Cost of Living + Traffic + Smog/Filth + the meanest people anywhere = Hell of a place to live.

congrats on the move!

It's not as bad as it sounds ;) Tulsa is only a 30 min drive away and has most any shop you'd want, ballet, theatre, museums, etc.

I am WAYYYY stoked OutWest ...

Best of luck, PS! I used to live in Nashville, and think you will enjoy it. Great town; wonderful people.

Amen Breakfast! Thanks for the warm wishes!

Wait we both wrote best of luck, let me try that again..

Edit:
Have fun on your new adventure !!
and stay honest and make alot of money but never let the temptation of greed turn you toward the dark side.
may the force be with you guys..

(im not really a star wars nerd,,well maybe i am,,lol)

Obi Wan

Haha, thanks Obi! Will definitely keep that in mind! :D

What he said.

Except for not turning to the dark side, the dark side is where all the cool kids are.

LOL ... Its like a star wars reunion thread! Lovin it :cool:

I remember how excited you were when you first opened :). Now you are expanding and moving to Tennessee. :) :) I just may have to make a road trip and visit - LOL. You and Joanna have done a great job with PS. I wish you both the best. Congrats.....

Rach ... My dear dear friend ... Thank you so much for the warm wishes ... You better freakin take a road trip! Heck, if we are taking a road trip of 2000+ miles, you better drive the rest of the way to meet us!!! :D Thanks Rach!

Off topic: There's a shack (literally)on US75 that has some of THE best BBQ I have ever had (at least that's where it was last time I was up there.).

Good luck to you and yours Steve! I wish you continued success and will be doing my part to keep your biz going! :lol:

Thanks gep! Where is US75? :confused: All I know is I40 is what we will be on for 1600 or so miles 8-o I will definitely be missing the Bear Pit here in the Valley and Hogley Wogglies ... best bbq in the valley.

Congrats on the move. I am a new customer and will be a loyal one for a long time. Love the way you all do bussiness and I wish you sucsess. You have earned it.

Thanks KoS! Appreciate it!

yeeehaw! congrats on the move, and all the best!

LOL ... Thanks Flitz!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Wow, great news!
I wish you luck with the growing business and a safe move.

Thanks Sanneke! It is great news! STORAGE SPACE

Welcome to Tennessee ya'll!

Thanks Apollo! Its a beautiful place, I must say!

Steve,

Is there any way you can get a family member to lend a hand OR take on a temp for the ten days during your move?

As this is a new business, you might not want to shut your doors for 10 days. 10 days may not seem like a long time but it could be an eternity for lost revenue.

I don't know how much product you can move daily, on average, but it seems like recently you have been completing 150+ orders per day. Ten days closed is 1500 orders not completed. I don't know what your profit per order average is but 1500 has got to be a sizeable hit. And don't think there won't be some lag in sales once your doors do reopen. There is no real honor among cusumers. We consider price and delivery time before customer service. Customer service settles ties. If your doors are closed for 10 days you're not competing. Business is competition.

Why not just leave the new guy behind for the ten days and take on two short term employees for the ten day period (one in cali and one in Tn)? The economy's bad now and it can't be hard to find a minimum wage to $10/hr temp.

Just my .02.

Hey Shaz ... I really appreciate your post and your $.02 cents ! Lets see ...

Daniel (Our *New* Guy) is actually based where we will be moving! Here's our main issue ... Familiarity and Product Location. Filling orders isn't as easy as put this here and that there ... If someone didn't know what they were doing, it would literally take them all day to do 20 orders. We are talking 30+ juice combinations, 15-20 different style ecigs, Cartridges/Parts/etc... Its not a simple thing I can teach someone quickly.

We are still backed up as it is, taking on more orders that won't be shipped for a long time, will also hurt business. I get hate mail if I can't get something out within 2-3 days. Can't even imagine a week +. Then you have product location. Shipping (by ups/fedex/etc...) accross country (and we are talking 100+ boxes worth of product @ 20-30lbs. each) is a VERY expensive and costly thing to do. Plus, waiting 5 days to get there just doesn't seem worth it.

I definitely understand how time down can be detrimental, especially to a new business like ours. I just hope our loyal customer base will stick with us through this transition. Will there be lost revenue, sure. BUT (and this is God's honest truth) I would rather see someone order from another company to get what they need to stay successful at esmoking rather than having to wait for us to reopen! If they absolutely need something during that 10 day span, I will gladly shoot them a list of places that can help!

Again, appreciate the post Shaz, and hopefully you can see where I'm coming from

Puresmoker crew,

Thanks for the history. I know I am truly impressed with you all. I find stories such as yours an inspiration in these trying times. It is great to hear of people still being to build something successful through hard work and integrity.

I hope to be telling a story such as yours sometime in the future.

I wish you all the best of luck! I am sure you will find your new life in Nashville a breath of fresh air. I moved my family from Silicon Valley to Austin almost four years ago. It was the best decision I have ever made. Life out here is quite different. People are friendly and helpful. I'm sure you will all be much happier in your new location. California is just getting crazy!

Keep up the good work!

Itsbetter ... Thank you so much for your post. We are very much looking forward to the move, and I hope its a breath of fresh air as you stated! CA is a dog eat, dog world. No one cares, and is only out for themselves. Not to mention, you have to be quite wealthy to live here, and if you aren't, a life of debt is not far away! Thanks again!

First of all, congrats! I'm sorry to see you leaving Cali, but it should be good for your business. I liked getting my order on the day after it shipped, and having a top supplier close by.

Hey Midnight ... I liked being able to supply CA quickly as well. I guess there is a plus and minus to both. 1 extra day of shipping, however, no sales tax. Thanks!

Mr and Mrs Cash,
Edit: And Daniel!!!!!

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic! I can drive to TN in 15 hrs so if I ever have an emergency depletion of stuff... it is much better than CA lol If you guys ever become a "chain" I want the first NY PureSmoker Franchise! I would promise to run it with EXCELLENT customer service like you guys do!

Firstly... I agree w/Shaz that if you could get someone to cover orders (if there was somewhere to store and ship from) in CA until you got settled and then ship you the excess inventory.. would be better for not losing profit... but I am sure all the loyal customers will be there when the dust settles after only 10 days if it is not possible.

Second... I handed out more PS cards at a new Booby Bar last night.. the girls were so excited about them! Strippers are great advertisers... they come into contact with a LOT of people (smokers) a night so be sure to send extra bus cards to any NY orders lol!

Third... I am doing a video review for a NON puresmoker device and I feel like a cheater! But.. I believe in fairness and I have to give other devices a fair chance lol

I am just soooo happy for you guys! No need to reply.. get packing!

Haha ... Thanks Spike! Always appreciate your emails and posts. No hard feelings on a review that isn't one of ours! The public deserves to see and hear about EVERYTHING out there available to them No hard feelings!

I'm thinking maybe we should make some special cards, just for when you go to the boobie bars ... Something that will really attract "Ehh-hem" the Patrons Was hoping for 2 "O's" in PureSmoker, but unfortunately, there's only one! Now I need a new idea! LOL

It's great to hear that business is thriving and your living conditions will be improving. I hope the move goes smoothly and you settle quickly. Thanks for all your hard work for the community.

Thanks Kate! I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! Especially taking the time to help direct noobies in the right direction! Talk about patience .... you kate, have a busload!!!

Big Congratulations!!!

Thanks Cat!

Steve and Joanne, if there is anything I can do to make the transition easier, PLEASE let me know!!

I want to add, for those of you that have never met Steve and Joanne. They are 2 of the sweetest people you could ever want to meet! Steve is a super-smart guy and Joanne is everything a partner should be! They are a great team!

By locating to TN, they will now be within 500 miles of half the population in the US!

I feel very blessed and fortunate to have them as soon-to-be neighbors!

Aww... Thanks Cheryl. Happy to have you as a soon to be neighbor as well Although, the constant deliveries of fresh juice daily, may start to be a pain in the rear !!!!! LOL .... j/k ... Thanks Cheryl!

SOM is a rare color. Looks awesome. Cannot be described and doesn't come through in photos. Has to be seen to be appreciated. Nice cars!

Words can't NOT describe ... You are entirely correct. i truly miss her ...

Good for you both... Hope it all goes well .

Thanks Rusty!

Not to be a party pooper, but what can us as customers expect during the transition?

Hey panderson ... Depends. If you are stocked and ready to go for the 10 days where we will be offline, you should be all set. If not, I suggest you prepare when everything is back in stock mid this week. I will also state, PS my NOT necessarily be down 10 days. We are preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best, so it may really only be 7-8 days!

We can expect them to think up all kinds of new ideas for us!

Exactly ... some of which are already in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread