Status
Not open for further replies.

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
All I got was a flat tip for 801 and I can't figure out how you would use it with a cart or where the material would go. Got
the 901 all figured out. Works just like the 510. Can anyone help?

The 801 attys come with dummy tips they can be used but not with filler they are more for dripping .... just take the tip off and add 2 or 3 drops of liquid direct to the atty and put the tip back on and vape .. the higher volts the quicker the juice will go .. don't put too many drops on the atty or it will leak and don't let it dry out or it will fry .. Its a little of a learning curve .. you can purchase the carts for the 801 attys that have filler in them. I just drip on 801s myself .... 801s are made for the high voltage and you will notice that the flavor and vapor is great a the 6V for the 5V and down the 510 and 901 is great and of course the cartos :)

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
So, my 3.0 batteries seem to be a tad too short. They're loose and wont fire the atty. I tried 2 of my 3.7's and they fit nice and tight...fired right up too but afraid to kill the atty. I have only one 901 atty since I normally use the BE112 801's which don't seem to work.

Here is the link for battery/charger that I bought after recommended to me here:
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

I've had no problem with my RCR123A Tennergy 900 mAh batteries, but they're Li-Ion, not LifePO. The charger you reference is ONLY for LifePO batts.

I've tried rhw Duracell batts when I didn't have a charge on my rechargeables, but that was with the Chuck. If the Duracell's don't 'fit right', then there's something else wrong. My 901 adapter for the XHaler has a piece on the bottom of it that seems to allow for slight variations in the battery length. I don't have any other atties so sorry if this doesn't help any.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Okay... now if someone would help me that'd be GREAT!!

So, my 3.0 batteries seem to be a tad too short. They're loose and wont fire the atty. I tried 2 of my 3.7's and they fit nice and tight...fired right up too but afraid to kill the atty. I have only one 901 atty since I normally use the BE112 801's which don't seem to work.

If it wasn't for bad luck... I'd have none at all! The aqua sure is pretty though :)

Does anyone know how I can make the battery connection work?? I've already starting looking for pens with springs but damn, new-fangled stuff... None of my pens have springs!! Is there some other simple, conductive thingy I could use??

Oh, in my testing I also tested a pair of Duracell 3.0 volt batteries and they're too short to make connection too.

Anyone figure out how to make the BE112's work?? If so, please holler!!

Here is the link for battery/charger that I bought after recommended to me here:
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

HEY, Laurel
MINE DON"T WORK EITHER
I thought it was just me. The 3.0V batteries won't work with my XHaler but the 3.7V batteries work fine. I have tried at least 4 pairs of fully charged 3.0V batteries in the XHaler and nothing happens, I put these same batteries in my Chuck and Prodigy PV and they work just fine. For some reason the 3.0V battery isn't working. I sent Drew a email and I was thinking about sending it back to him today so he could look at it and figure out the problem so that I could get it back right away. I don't feel too bad now that I am not the only one having this problem. Also if anyone got a kit, Laurel those are the same batteries that Drew is sending everyone. So it would seem to me that something is wrong with my connection since everyone else XHaler seem to be working fine on both 3.0 and 3.7.V
Drew if you get this today and have any answer could you HELP, if I don't hear anything I will mail it back today. I am one that doesn't like tinkering too much with a device, too confusing, I just want it to work.

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Man I thought it was just my crappy luck!! I haven't heard from Drew yet today and am thinking about whether I should try to fix or send back to him. We have concluded (with some help from some veterans that know stuff :) ) that my (maybe yours too) spring needs to be adjusted. I think it is something SO freakin' simple -it's killing me. And my husband is out fishing, enjoying his-self... How dare he?? LOL!!

Anyhow, I really think it is a super simple fix for this battery issue. I think one other member has the same issue but most folks are vaping happily :D Soon we shall join them!!!

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Laurel

I was glad you posted, I thought am I the only one with this problem, everyone else seem to be doing ok. Well I hope you are right and its something simple, I will wait to see if I can get Drew to get in contact with me or someone here who can help, if its simple that is. Otherwise I would rather send it back rather than ruin it.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Andel, read the BE112 thread and you can see where I almost fried my Xhaler trying to figure out the issue. I'm feeling very confident it is as simple as a spring but the instructions to take it apart scare me. I don't want to mail it back to Drew in pieces, I'd be mortified!!

Hang in there, I'm sure we'll be up and running soon. Hey, my aqua is REALLY pretty to look at LOL!!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh boy!! Sorry to hear that! First off I hope you've ordered extras for your camping trip!!

I assume you are using one 3.7 and the dummy cell that came with your kit?? If so do they seem like a snug fit (top to bottom) or do they have room to slide like they are too short to connect??

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Just a heads up, but I know Drew was up until at least 2am east coast because he shot me a PM around then. He's probably sleeping. He is very gungho about shipping things fast, just launched a major popular product, and I'd imagine he's flooded with PM's, emails, and whatnot. Not to mention probably handing about 800 percent more orders than usual. Don't be too hard on the guy if it takes him a while to get back to ya.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you for that post Zofryer!! Very well said!

I am not freaking out too much as I know Drew will get my problem taken care of. I've received such great service in the past and am confident I will this time too! I cannot imagine the stress he must be under with all the stuff going on!! Sleep is definately a requirment and he did PM me last night past 11pm so... He's on top of things :D

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Yes, 3.7 with the dummy. It is tight-no sliding around.

I am trying the 6-7 volts now and getting some more vapor with those. However I think maybe I flooded the 801 atty trying to make sure it was wet enough. Draing the 801, now.

I just tried the the 901 atty with (2)3.6 volt batteries & nothing maybe I killed that atty somehow. I was using it with the 5v and just assumed the batts went dead but now 901 atty isn't working with 3.7 or 6-7 volt. I didn't taste any burntness before + didn't hold the button down longer than 3-4 seconds. IDK what happened. I will have to try the 901 later after the 3volt batts finish charging.

Lol, I just tried the 801 again that was working before & nothing on that either. I hope I just didn't kill both those atty's. I don't see how I could have. It's not like I was holding down the button longer than a few seconds + I made sure they were nice & wet.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes, I need to order more stuff for my camping trip.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Hey Zofryer

No worries here, I sure Drew will take care of the situation when he has the time. I have back-up Mods so I'm not stressed out. I know he is super busy.

And Laurel, I thought at first about getting the aqua but decided on the purple which is also very very nice.

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh good gravy!! I'm not sure what happened there. I would wait to see if you have the same results when your other batteries charge. I'm guessing you don't have back 801/901 attys?? If not, might need to order some of those too :) Keep that credit card handy!!

There is a coupon code from battery junction somewhere here that expires today I heard. You might want to order some extra batteries ;)

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
Ya, I need more stuff! I wanted to see what I liked first. Someone is sending me tha 510 adapter & I have plenty of 510 stuff. Plus uou are helping me with some carts.

LOL, I am not contacting Drew!! I am chalking mine up to user error-nubby atty killer, maybe. That's why I made this thread to begin with. Figured others would be clueless, like me:D

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah Andel! I saw the purple pic someone posted and it is pretty!!!

Sstambo, I agree - you might be able to do a little troubleshooting when the other batteries are charged.

My number one rule is BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! Backup the computer, carry backup PV stuff!! I'm OCD so I have PLENTY of backups LOL!!

I hope you get sorted out soon too :)

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Andel. Look at the pic I just posted in the BE112 thread and see what your batteries look like in comparison. The black one they sit much higher and make the connection. The aqua they sit too low to make it work. I emailed Drew the pic and I 'think' we have the same problem so - we're getting headway I think :)

sstambo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Cape Coma, Florida
It was fun vapin' at 5volts while it lasted:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
So sad now. Nothing is working. I just don't see how I could have killed 2 atty's this morning. I haven't killed any of my 510's. I'm going to wait on the 510 adapter some one is sending me to make sure it's the atty's before I buy any more stuff. So sad now! Either I'm an atty killer or I broke my first mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread