Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I’m not getting a really strong strawberry flavor from the FA juicy strawberry in the strawberry cream three flavors mix. I haven’t used the fa before. I’m getting a bit of a bite from something in that recipe. Is there alcohol in the strawberry?

Are you strawberry blind? No alcohol for me although I did steep mine for five days.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I haven’t seen any nicotine for sale yet except Nude Nicotine who marked down their nicotine from 5 gazillion dollars to 4.9 gazillion dollars!

Seriously even their sale price of $69 for one liter of their run of the mill nicotine. It’s a waste for me since I couldn’t tell the difference from that to several others I’ve tried.

So if anyone comes across a nic sale - shout it out!! This is last call on nicotine for me with the hot summer months coming soon.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Thanks for that information. 3 drops per 30ml?????? OMG that really is strong!! Now I want MFs too lol!!!

I’ll be sure to let everyone know my thoughts on it.

Who or what is SB flvfan - what a great moniker!

SB = Smokey Blue --- she used to be here once upon a time and is now at VU.
Flvfan is a web site she runs with much info on many Flavorah flavors.

Here is the page on Alpine Strawberry - don't know if it's ok of me to post it, if it's not someone please tell me and I'll wack the link + recipe. Alpine Strawberry ~ Flv Fan Site

I made her Alpine Strawberry Mousse 30ml without the white chocolate as I was only interested in the Alpine strawberry and being very familiar with the FLV cream and FLV vanilla pudding I knew those wouldn't shade my test.

recipe:

Smokey Blue's Alpine Strawberry Mousse 30ml

3 drops .06 grams Alpine Strawberry
6 drops .12 grams Cream
6 drops .12 grams Vanilla Pudding
3 drops .06 grams White Chocolate

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
SB = Smokey Blue --- she used to be here once upon a time and is now at VU.
Flvfan is a web site she runs with much info on many Flavorah flavors.

Here is the page on Alpine Strawberry - don't know if it's ok of me to post it, if it's not someone please tell me and I'll wack the link + recipe. Alpine Strawberry ~ Flv Fan Site

I made her Alpine Strawberry Mousse 30ml without the white chocolate as I was only interested in the Alpine strawberry and being very familiar with the FLV cream and FLV vanilla pudding I knew those wouldn't shade my test.

recipe:

Smokey Blue's Alpine Strawberry Mousse 30ml

3 drops .06 grams Alpine Strawberry
6 drops .12 grams Cream
6 drops .12 grams Vanilla Pudding
3 drops .06 grams White Chocolate

Thanks for posting the link!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
What brand is MF?? Never seen this abr.
MF = Medicine Flower and it is my understanding their concentrates are pure extracts and not suspended in either pg or vg. Very highly concentrated flavors.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
MF = Medicine Flower and it is my understanding their concentrates are pure extracts and not suspended in either pg or vg. Very highly concentrated flavors.
Thank you, never heard of them but now I’m intrigued

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Are you strawberry blind? No alcohol for me although I did steep mine for five days.
And @hittman to my knowledge there is no alcohol in FA juicy strawberry. If there was you would be able to smell it soon as you open the bottle.

Funny thing, I really loved FA Strawberry but I don't like their FA juicy strawberry.

Strawberry flavors are so very different for folks. There are people who just can't taste sberry in vape juices at all. I know some who have tried the Alpine sberry who couldn't taste sberry with any other flavor houses sberry's and love it. So go figure.

Fran only gets butter from caramel while I totally get caramel. We are all so very different when it comes to flavors. Each of us has to decide for ourselves what works best for us. In the end it's you and the juice you make that matters most. Right?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I’m not blind as far as I know. I used to use a lot of tfa strawberry ripe but haven’t used any strawberry at all in a while. Mine was snv. Maybe I’ll wait a week and try it again.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I’m not blind as far as I know. I used to use a lot of tfa strawberry ripe but haven’t used any strawberry at all in a while. Mine was snv. Maybe I’ll wait a week and try it again.
    I really like Fa Juicy Strawberry. Hopefully with a steep.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Thank you, never heard of them but now I’m intrigued
    I don't know if this is still "popular opinion"... but, MF's concentration (super high) also gave them a reputation of being a serious PITA to work with ("one drop over and the recipe is shot" type of PITA), and were often recommended as "for expert DIYers only."

I have not personally tried to use them (cost again); and am only regurgitating what I have read by others. So, PLEASE, take it with a grain of salt. But, those that are thinking about experimenting with MF may want to do some research first.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I haven’t seen any nicotine for sale yet except Nude Nicotine who marked down their nicotine from 5 gazillion dollars to 4.9 gazillion dollars!

Seriously even their sale price of $69 for one liter of their run of the mill nicotine. It’s a waste for me since I couldn’t tell the difference from that to several others I’ve tried.

So if anyone comes across a nic sale - shout it out!! This is last call on nicotine for me with the hot summer months coming soon.

I am looking for a nic sale too. I have a TON back home in my freezer in Virginia but am going to need more since I am staying in Washington state for an additional year. I like Vaperstek nic. *fingers crossed*

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    This was posted to the DIYORDIE Mixers Group on FB tonight.

"Okay I just got off the phone with Joey at DIYFS, and it's some sad news. One of the manufacturers for his ingredients in Holy Holy Grail RY4, Holy Vanilla, and Gooey Butter Cake, is discontinuing one of the ingredients. He has a lot left tho, and said he would put V1 back up on the web, and asked me to blast to buy as much as you can now. It will go to V2 when he runs out. I feel so bad for him. SFTs will happen tonight for comparison and I will post results. Smell test is not bad, just not as rich.

UPDATE: SFT done with 10% flavor in max VG, tested on Recurve single coil of Ni80 Fused Clapton & Cotton Bacon:
    Holy Vanilla V2 tastes good, mellow, no off notes, but lacks the cake-was in my mouth-like goodness of V1 and the depth of aroma. V2 is ever so slightly sweeter, smooth, and imo will work just fine, so ALL IS NOT LOST. It has been suggested by others, that the possible change is in the loss of DAAP, but that is theory only! The creator, Joey at DIYFS, is not going to discuss that with anyone outside of his business."

If you want original Holy Vanilla, buy it now. There is a coupon through Memorial Day for 20% off - memorial20. If you LOVE it, now is your chance to get a BIG bottle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread