The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    All true IDJoel. I would add that I don't know of any source where there is general agreement on the use of MF flavors. Especially compared to what we know with the flavors we already use. There was a handful of folks on reddit who were working with MF but that died off. Some lost patience quickly and dropped out because of the PITA.

Open Source Vapor offered open source recipes using MF but they shut down a while back. They were able to figure out how to cut down steep times. Someone archived their recipes on ELR. If you are curious look up user Anonymiss and see the "Open Source Vapor- " recipes. There are 26 or so recipes from OSV there.

I did a one off 60ml single flavor test using MF strawberry and thought it was the most realistic of any strawberry. I did not dilute on the recommendation of someone I trust. I tested it after a few days steep and it tasted artificial. A week later it still tasted artificial and the same after two weeks. I found it developed into a realistic strawberry after three weeks. Someone I know doing the same 60ML side-by-side swore their single MF strawberry to be solid after five days. ??? We broke down our 60ml bottles into smaller bottles with the intent of developing something decent. We tried mixing with known flavors and both found we had no patience for it. MF to me means serious time and commitment. Learned a lot but in the end said no thanks. PITA.

I would never recommend MF flavors for DIY when there are so many wonderful flavors by the flavor companies we all use. You cannot think of MF in the same sense as TPA, CAP, FA etc. You would need to devote a lot of time in order to develop something decent.

To my knowledge Virgin Vapor is the only retail juice company using MF. VV does this for a living.

The PITA reputation is very real. I ended up using my MF strawberry to flavor drinking water.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes,that's pretty much my problem with them too.

• Like Like x 7
  3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Wheeee !
    I got my cases today !
    Already got my flavorings put away in them - but not the 4oz bottles of course.
    Now I can see what I have even tho I still have to spin the bottle to read the label.
    Way much nicer !

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 7
  4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I forgot, which ones did you get?

• Like Like x 7
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’m almost to the point where I need another case but don’t really have room for it in my vape cabinet.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Can tell you easier once I get home but one was the Spotted dick and custard.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    RHUBARB custard I must HAVE this one shot is it available in the US anywhere? I bet it's awesome.

I do LOVE my job, sort of equally to how much I HATE the one doc, but he seems to have (possibly) been told if he puts a toe out of line, he will be fired. That's how he's behaving ANYWAY he says hi to "ME" now, not the other way around. Seriously this one day when he was being an epic tool, I mentioned it was my 15ht wedding anniversary and he said NOTHING. I must have stood there for at least a minute. I was trying to figure out how to respond, and finally said faintly, "Oh my.... that's interesting." And wandered off.

We will see how long his sociopathy holds up against his desire to not get fired. It should be, well, an Interesting Time.

Anna

• Like Like x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. ChelsB

ChelsB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Actually didn’t get any mixing done yesterday as I suddenly started having dizzy spells and losing my balance (I currently have an ear infection in both ears which apparently affects balance), so I spent the afternoon and evening very unproductively...resting. Feeling a little better today so I’m about to bust out the flavors :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    What’s LNW?

• Like Like x 7
  10. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Thank you. @Letitia. :thumb:
    I think(???) this might be the same one. Maybe @hittman can confirm?
    Chef's Flavors - Lemon & Rubarb Tart - 30mL
    Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers
    :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Nice explanation, @ShowMeTwice. You have just reinforced my idea that MF is a concentrate company I don't need to be dabbling with. :rolleyes: :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ChelsB

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Deleted, already answered

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  13. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Cheers mate! My MF dabbling days are done, done, done. The strawberry water was good but in the end too expensive and too rich for my tastes. Plain water works fine! ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  15. ChelsB

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Does anyone have a recipe they like with a primary flavor of butter rum? Trying to come up with a recipe for hubby (I’m not interested in that flavor but I just got some LA butter rum)
    Eta: maple recipes also welcomed

• Like Like x 8
  16. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

LA Butter Rum is great with Cap Vanilla Custard.

5% LA Butter Rum
    4% Cap Vanilla Custard V1
    2% Cap Toasted Almond

Simple but good! You can also change it up by adding coconut or caramel (or both) to it.

• Like Like x 10
  17. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    I may have mentioned this a few weeks ago. At that time I purchased a 30ml bottle of Holy Holy Vanilla v1. A friend gave me 15mls back in Sep. 2017 and I still have a little left so 30mls should last me at least two years. When I run out, I will likely use INW instead unless I am no longer DIYing :eek:

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 1
  18. ChelsB

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Thanks. I have all but no toasted almond. Good thing flavor sales are starting soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
  19. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Try coconut then - it's good either way.

• Like Like x 9
  20. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    Make me number three on one-shots. Too much sucralose and for me this means zero flavor. I learned my lesson when I first started DIY.

• Like Like x 8