Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just had my son side by side test the two versions and he likes the one made with Ruby Red Grapefruit better. He says that he picks up banana in the Pink Guava. Taste really is subjective.
    Both of those on my wishlist.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have Fa Quince and it's very hard to describe. Not tart like the fruit but it does have an edge to it. It "feels" like passion fruit but doesn't taste like it. I didn't like the tester but do find it useful with some orange/lime mixes at .25%. Suspect it will be good in fruit pies and custards. I'm also wanting to try it with dark berries and plum. It kind of fleshes out a fruit. Not much help I know. Think I'm going to try WF(SC) quince jelly.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have Fa Quince and it's very hard to describe. Not tart like the fruit but it does have an edge to it. It "feels" like passion fruit but doesn't taste like it. I didn't like the tester but do find it useful with some orange/lime mixes at .25%. Suspect it will be good in fruit pies and custards. I'm also wanting to try it with dark berries and plum. It kind of fleshes out a fruit. Not much help I know. Think I'm going to try WF(SC) quince jelly.
    Thanks:) That does help. I think it will stay on the wishlist.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Trying the Pur Strawberry Biscuit. It's good but again too sweet for me. Any thoughts of a mixer or mixers to bring down the sweet?
    Raspberry or blackberry. I add 1% INW biscuit to mine, i found the single flavor lacking on the biscuit side. You might also add a plain cream to help cut the sweet notes, I would raise the INW to 1.5/2% if i added the cream.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    "Never have I ever DIYed..." and since 'random' is in the subject line... ;)

I like tobaccos (i.e., Absolute Creme Brulee is my favorite tobacco liquid), mints, bakery, & candy, some fruits, and tend to lean toward 50/50 in most of my juices.

These are my flavor/additive choices in NR's DIY kit, so does anything look like I need to sub another company's version of flavoring instead (I like flavor in my face)?

10ml Flavor 1.: Purilum Sweet tobacco
    10ml Flavor 2.: Capella Super Sweet
    10ml Flavor 3.: Flavor West Butterscotch Ripple
    10ml Flavor 4.: FlavourArt MTS Vape Wizard
    10ml Flavor 5.: Hangsen RY4
    10ml Flavor 6.: FlavourArt Menthol Arctic
    10ml Flavor 7.: Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
    10ml Flavor 8.: Capella Cinnamon Danish Swirl V1
    10ml Flavor 9.: Hangsen Desert Ship
    10ml Flavor 10.: Flavor Apprentice Dk Tobacco
    10ml Flavor 11.: Flavor Apprentice RY4 Double
    10ml Flavor 12.: FlavourArt Vanilla Tahity
    10ml Flavor 13.: LorAnn Cream Cheese Icing
    10ml Flavor 14.: Purilum Cappuccino Coffee
    10ml Flavor 15.: Flavor West Double Minty Gum
    Liquid Nicotine: 150ml 48mg VG Base | Salt Liquid Nicotine
    eliquid Base: x1 500ml VG | x1 500ml PG

FYI: Threw in the Cream Cheese Icing to give the Cinnamon Danish more of that drizzled icing flavor, as it ain't a cinnamon roll without lots of it... Is it overkill? Would something else have the same effect, while being more versatile with other flavorings?

BTW, I *do* like some fruits (apple, pear, blueberry, mango, etc., - unfortunately, can't taste strawberry liquids for some reason), but the above are the flavors that I usually gravitate to. BTW, I adore Ahlusion's Autumn Mist (apple & pear) and I do plan to add more fruits & other flavorings, but these should get my minty/menthol, sweet tobacco, cinnamon cravings satisfied, while I get through my stash of retail liquid and manage not to eff the above up. :lol:

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

I like tobaccos (i.e., Absolute Creme Brulee is my favorite tobacco liquid), mints, bakery, & candy, some fruits, and tend to lean toward 50/50 in most of my juices.

These are my flavor/additive choices in NR's DIY kit, so does anything look like I need to sub another company's version of flavoring instead (I like flavor in my face)?

10ml Flavor 1.: Purilum Sweet Tobacco
    Eliquid Base: x1 500ml VG | x1 500ml PG

FYI: Threw in the Cream Cheese Icing to give the Cinnamon Danish more sweetness, as it ain't a cinnamon roll without lots of it... Is it overkill? Would something else have the same effect, while being more versatile with other flavorings?

BTW, I *do* like some fruits (apple, pear, blueberry, mango, etc., - unfortunately, can't taste strawberry liquids for some reason), but the above are the flavors that I usually gravitate to. BTW, I adore Ahlusion's Autumn Mist (apple & pear) and I do plan to add more fruits & other flavorings, but these should get my minty/menthol, sweet tobacco, cinnamon cravings satisfied, while I get through my stash of retail liquid and manage not to eff the above up. :lol:
    Looks to be a good list. Be aware LA CCi needs a long steep and is useful in other recipes. Add to some yogurts and cakes. Add it to all my cheesecakes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Looks to be a good list. Be aware LA CCi needs a long steep and is useful in other recipes. Add to some yogurts and cakes. Add it to all my cheesecakes.
    You add to your cheesecakes? Isn't it sweet???? I do have it but haven't used it yet.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Raspberry or blackberry. I add 1% INW biscuit to mine, i found the single flavor lacking on the biscuit side. You might also add a plain cream to help cut the sweet notes, I would raise the INW to 1.5/2% if i added the cream.
    What is the percentage of Strawberry Biscuit in this?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

10ml Flavor 1.: Purilum Sweet Tobacco
    Eliquid Base: x1 500ml VG | x1 500ml PG

FYI: Threw in the Cream Cheese Icing to give the Cinnamon Danish more of that drizzled icing flavor, as it ain't a cinnamon roll without lots of it... Is it overkill? Would something else have the same effect, while being more versatile with other flavorings?

Looks like a good list for you. I'd add a cheesecake/graham to it.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    So, the LA CCI stays, @Letitia ! :thumbs:

Threw some creams on the order and PG/VG to get it to $75 for free shipping, how are these creams? Do they all add something different or are any of them redundant?

FlavourArt Vienna Cream
    Flavor Apprentice Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
    FlavourArt Fresh Cream
    Flavor Apprentice Sweet Cream

BTW, my rationale for most of my flavor choices is whatever is listed first in the "best selling" listed order. :lol:

@FranC , I keep reading that a combination of 2 cheesecake flavors (one listed w/ graham & one without) are best together for a great cheesecake that you can just add an accent flavor to, but I was running out of flavor choices in the 15 you can choose for the DIY kit. If I don't need all of those creams above, I can certainly sub out those for the cheesecakes, if I do need the 2 to make anything respectable. Trying not to go overboard on my first order of flavorings. :danger:

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Thanks, @FranC , that's what I was getting from the reviews on NR's site for each of them, so I'm glad to confirm what I've read. :) But, Holy cow... My order is quickly getting bigger than I thought it would! :shock:

@FranC, I edited the post that you replied to (after you replied), asking about what I keep seeing about Cheesecake (about having to mix 2 cheesecakes to get the best cheesecake flavor, 1 w/ graham & 1 without). Is that correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread