Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks, @FranC , that's what I was getting from the reviews on NR's site for each of them, so I'm glad to confirm what I've read. :) But, Holy cow... My order is quickly getting bigger than I thought it would! :shock:

@FranC, I edited the post that you replied to (after you replied), asking about what I keep seeing about Cheesecake (about having to mix 2 cheesecakes to get the best cheesecake flavor, 1 w/ graham & 1 without). Is that correct?
    I would suggest just getting Cap Cheesecake with Graham Cracker. That's a good start to see if you like the cheesecake mixes.If you like you can add the Cap Graham Cracker also in case you want more cracker in the mix.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @FranC , which Cap cheesecake? They list a V1 & a V2 for Capella, but the descriptions don't indicate which one has the graham in Capella.
    V1 versions taste better imo, v2 are DX. BTW if you are sensitive to peppery notes LB or Cap vanilla ice cream may suit you better. Cap sweet cream or Hangsen cream are easier to work with than INW, no cheesy notes if you use too much. I like FW cheesecake for a no graham cheesecake, but I am not a graham fan.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I made strawberry wine last night. Real strawberry wine not eliquid so my mixing counter is full for a while, I can still mix, push the bucket aside, but blasting through a bunch of trial runs isn't happening until I can fit my computer on the counter again.

It taking a long time for you surprises me. Your palette is much more sensitive than mine. Every time I mix a recipe under 10% I break a sweat thinking I won't be able to taste any of the flavors.

I'm limited to 10% because of PG. Some are a problem. Many are not. Some are quite strong under 10%. Although few are as strong as TFA Caramel Cappuccino where 3 flavors come up to 2.5%.

The Apple/honeysuckle sounds good. Unfortunately I can't taste apple vapes

Have you tried Inawera Two Apples or Bahraini Apple Gold? I got them thinking they'd be like all other apples I've tried and mixed my tasters at 10%. They're more like 1%-2% flavorings (although I might mix them at 5%).

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Sorry but I have tried an untold amount of apples always thinking the next one would be different. I'm done.Too much wasted money.

I've been there with other flavors. Some so bad I swore off all. I was almost there with apples because of a lack of flavor. The only bought apple I tried and liked had too much PG so I wasn't sure there was an apple with enough flavor to use under 10%.
    But I grow hundreds of pounds and press many gallons of cider. I like vaping the fruit I'm working on. I needed to find an apple with some flavor.

I have a couple months to get these plums aged and worked out. INW Smoked plum aged pretty good as far as smell goes.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I made strawberry wine last night. Real strawberry wine not eliquid so my mixing counter is full for a while, I can still mix, push the bucket aside, but blasting through a bunch of trial runs isn't happening until I can fit my computer on the counter again.

I'm limited to 10% because of PG. Some are a problem. Many are not. Some are quite strong under 10%. Although few are as strong as TFA Caramel Cappuccino where 3 flavors come up to 2.5%.

Have you tried Inawera Two Apples or Bahraini Apple Gold? I got them thinking they'd be like all other apples I've tried and mixed my tasters at 10%. They're more like 1%-2% flavorings (although I might mix them at 5%).
    INW two apples is really good and its strong. I use it in an apple mix at 1%

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I actually subbed caramel in the original recipe for the RY4 Double, so you can use caramel if that suits you better. I forgot to mention that part earlier. I used the RY4 since it's got a strong...caramelness?...to it, but it's got some tobacco to it too. Just wanted to see how it did comparatively.
    It's funny, the first e liquid I ever bought was RY4. I sat at the tasting bar for ever and tried everything and that's the only one I liked. I moved on to other flavors and tried it again later on and i didn't like it. I have some DIYFS Holy Holy Grail RY4.which I like until it fully steeps and the tobacco fully comes out
    It is heavy on the caramel and has a nice vanilla flavor too. I never tried it as a small component in a big recipe so I might like it. As a main component I find it too harsh. I will always have a little place in my heart for RY4 as it was my first juice and the one that got me off smokes the first time.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I've been there with other flavors. Some so bad I swore off all. I was almost there with apples because of a lack of flavor. The only bought apple I tried and liked had too much PG so I wasn't sure there was an apple with enough flavor to use under 10%.
    But I grow hundreds of pounds and press many gallons of cider. I like vaping the fruit I'm working on. I needed to find an apple with some flavor.

I have a couple months to get these plums aged and worked out. INW Smoked plum aged pretty good as far as smell goes.
    Smoked Plum? I gotta try that. I love plum in my tobacco recipes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Plum is on my wishlist

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's funny, the first e liquid I ever bought was RY4. I sat at the tasting bar for ever and tried everything and that's the only one I liked. I moved on to other flavors and tried it again later on and i didn't like it. I have some DIYFS Holy Holy Grail RY4.which I like until it fully steeps and the tobacco fully comes out
    It is heavy on the caramel and has a nice vanilla flavor too. I never tried it as a small component in a big recipe so I might like it. As a main component I find it too harsh. I will always have a little place in my heart for RY4 as it was my first juice and the one that got me off smokes the first time.
    Give the Hangsen Ry3 a try.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Well, I'm committed now (pun intended)!

Ordered my DIY kit:

Capella Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
    Capella NY Cheesecake V1
    FlavourArt Fresh Cream
    Propylene Glycol 1 Liter Jug
    Vegetable Glycerin 1 Liter Jug
    Flavor Apprentice Sweet Cream

DIY E-Juice Kit
    :
    Flavor 1.: Purilum Sweet Tobacco
    Flavor 2.: Capella Super Sweet
    Flavor 3.: Flavor West Butterscotch Ripple
    Flavor 4.: FlavourArt MTS Vape Wizard
    Flavor 5.: Hangsen RY4
    Flavor 6.: FlavourArt Menthol Arctic
    Flavor 7.: Flavor Apprentice Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
    Flavor 8.: Capella Cinnamon Danish Swirl V1
    Flavor 9.: Hangsen Desert Ship
    Flavor 10.: Flavor Apprentice Dk Tobacco
    Flavor 11.: Flavor Apprentice RY4 Double
    Flavor 12.: FlavourArt Vanilla Tahity
    Flavor 13.: LorAnn Cream Cheese Icing
    Flavor 14.: Purilum Cappuccino Coffee
    Flavor 15.: Flavor West Double Minty Gum
    Liquid Nicotine: 150ml 48mg VG Base | Salt Liquid NicotineEliquid
    Base: x1 500ml VG | x1 500ml PG

Once I master yummy, sweet, gooey deliciousness, I'll branch out into fruits! :w00t:

Warning: I may be here often, with too many questions. :facepalm:

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    If you like tobacco recipes you should try cardinal by "fear" on a t f. It is yummy and Im not a big tobacco fan

Reactions: NatashaTMT

Users who are viewing this thread