Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    FLV Cranberry is an odd flavor. Freshly mixed, it tastes like an under-ripe cranberry dipped in dirt. I let it steep for a week and the dirt seems to have disappeared but the flavor is still earthy. I plan to mix up one of my cranberry recipes using FLV and a touch of Liquid Amber, letting it steep for a week or 10 days and see what emerges. I will post once I do that.
    Thank you:) Glad the dirt steeped out.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You must be closer to BCF than I am. I ordered my first order and it's scheduled for tomorrow and I think I placed mine a day earlier. My second order is scheduled for Friday so I should be able to start experimenting with the cranberry this weekend. That is after I get my review written for the Aegis.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Recently acquired MB Chocolate. Have it steeping in a simple hazelnut mix atm. Any favorite ways to use it you don’t mind sharing?
    What does the MB stand for?
    I have a lot of Creams and Vanillas along with a half dozen custards. 0 interest in buying more.
    I have a lot of fruits.After the purchase of a couple on my wishlist I have 0 interest in buying more at this time.
    I have a lot of tobaccos. It's all hubs vapes and I have plenty of my mixers. 0 interest in buying more til some time in the future when stock gets low.
    I have a lot of coffees and I can't vape coffee anymore. My supply will last me forever at accent flavors.) 0 interest in more.
    Mmmm, coffee!
    BCF delivered today. Cap cucumber smells wonderful, FLV basil smells like opening a bag of black jelly beans. We'll see...
    Yum, black jellybeans! I wonder when it's going to be back in stock.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    BCF delivered today. Cap cucumber smells wonderful, FLV basil smells like opening a bag of black jelly beans. We'll see...

Well, basil does have a slight anise aroma, even fresh. I haven't noticed any anise flavor in my basil mixes using the FLV Basil. I hope you don't either. Our taste buds are unique.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, basil does have a slight anise aroma, even fresh. I haven't noticed any anise flavor in my basil mixes using the FLV Basil. I hope you don't either. Our taste buds are unique.
    I haven't noticed any either.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    If you want to spend the money and if it's still available the MF white cherry is said to be the best. WF SC black cherry jelly bean is said to be a very good cherry as well.
    I haven’t even seen these. I’ll look for them now though. Thanks!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I made a blood orange and grapefruit (10% total). I have in my notes long steep for blood orange , but nothing else, like how looooong :blink:. I’m thinking I’ll probably want to add at least one flavor later, but I want to know what the base will taste like. Is 3-4 weeks long enough?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I made a blood orange and grapefruit (10% total). I have in my notes long steep for grapefruit, but nothing else, like how looooong :blink:. I’m thinking I’ll probably want to add at least one flavor later, but I want to know what the base will taste like. Is 3-4 weeks long enough?
    I wouldn’t think it’d need that long for a simple fruit mix. I would think 3 days but 5-7 days tops. However, I haven’t yet mixed with TFA grapefruit. Letitia will probably know more.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I wouldn’t think it’d need that long for a simple fruit mix. I would think 3 days but 5-7 days tops. However, I haven’t yet mixed with TFA grapefruit. Letitia will probably know more.
    Note my edit :oops:... I meant blood orange. Geez, I need more coffee than usual today

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I made a blood orange and grapefruit (10% total). I have in my notes long steep for blood orange , but nothing else, like how looooong :blink:. I’m thinking I’ll probably want to add at least one flavor later, but I want to know what the base will taste like. Is 3-4 weeks long enough?
    FW blood orange at 5% will be good in 3 days. Not fully bloomed but enough to let you know if you like it. Before you add another flavor pull about 3ml out and put up for a long steep.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    FW blood orange at 5% will be good in 3 days. Not fully bloomed but enough to let you know if you like it. Before you add another flavor pull about 3ml out and put up for a long steep.
    I took a gamble, made 30 in 3 10 ml bottles. Try the base in 3 weeks on vacation. That leaves me two testers to maybe add to or steep longer. I haven’t tried citruses yet. New territory

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I thought maybe you blog reviews but didn’t see any on your profile. If you don’t mind, do you do reviews for a website or here on the forum?

I just started doing reviews recently. I'm posting them here on ECF. Fran gave the link for the two I've completed so far and am hoping to post one on the Aegis legend kit with aero mesh tank this weekend. I'm going a little slower on this one since I wanted to spend at least a week with each coil that is included in the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread