Random DIY mixing and More

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato is one of the few flavors I've bought in the past and never used. Any ideas or recipes?

I haven't tried this yet, but I had it saved it in my Recipes to Try file on my PC.

From Sugar_and_Spice on ECF:
TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato - 6%
FA Marsh mellow - 2-3% (She added - I like 3% for a smidge of sweet)

Capt. Shay then added:
"Fantastic base. Now ad ~8% of any fruit or even something like caramel and you will have some yummy stuff."

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't tried this yet, but I had it saved it in my Recipes to Try file on my PC.

From Sugar_and_Spice on ECF:
    TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato - 6%
    FA Marsh mellow - 2-3% (She added - I like 3% for a smidge of sweet)

Capt. Shay then added:
    "Fantastic base. Now ad ~8% of any fruit or even something like caramel and you will have some yummy stuff."
    Thanks,JC:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been making notes here and there and jotting down recipes here and there.Now I have to get the whole mess together. Hubs has a long chemo session tomorrow so I can hopefully get some new mixes done. Since the Pink Guava is my only new flavor I have to get at least one mix for that.My notes are only giving me a very vague ideas for a recipe so any thoughts are welcome.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I've been making notes here and there and jotting down recipes here and there.Now I have to get the whole mess together. Hubs has a long chemo session tomorrow so I can hopefully get some new mixes done. Since the Pink Guava is my only new flavor I have to get at least one mix for that.My notes are only giving me a very vague ideas for a recipe so any thoughts are welcome.
    I have pink guava on my wish list. I’m interested to see if you like it. If you do, I probably will. I must have a recipe saved for it since I put it on the list. I’m more eager to try some with either pink champagne or zen garden first. Try something new and a little out of my norm.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have pink guava on my wish list. I’m interested to see if you like it. If you do, I probably will. I must have a recipe saved for it since I put it on the list. I’m more eager to try some with either pink champagne or zen garden first. Try something new and a little out of my norm.
    If you have a recipe saved I need it..............please:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I just started doing reviews recently. I'm posting them here on ECF. Fran gave the link for the two I've completed so far and am hoping to post one on the Aegis legend kit with aero mesh tank this weekend. I'm going a little slower on this one since I wanted to spend at least a week with each coil that is included in the kit.
    This is an awesome contribution!:thumbs:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Since the Pink Guava is my only new flavor I have to get at least one mix for that.My notes are only giving me a very vague ideas for a recipe so any thoughts are welcome.
    I know no one likes doing sft but I really feel it’s a must with this one. Primarily because it’s more sharp grapefruit notes than guava. I plan to mix it tomorrow with guava to try to boost those notes more. It’s a great flavor to use several different ways. Though it can smell a bit almost skunky sometimes. I recommend letting your sft sample speak to you.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Thanks,Joel. Upped the TFA Green Tea to 30ml. Pretty sure I tried the Earl Grey at some point and didn't like it.
    @IDJoel On second thought I'm pretty sure it was an Earl Grey vendor juice I tried and didn't like. VapeRite I think. That was a long time ago. I'll stick a small bottle on my wishlist.
    TFA-Earl Grey Tea does have a pronounced "bergamot" note to it. If you like that slightly bitter, bit woody, hint of citrus zest-y, and just a suggestion of spice, that is classic to bergamot; then you should like the TFA-EGT. :)
    I haven’t considered using as a “bandaid” or fix. I’ll remember to try it this way. I’ve always thought to use a bit when I want blending opposed to layering and / or, as your mentioned, rounding out those sharp notes etc. Thanks for sharing though! Might be just what I need in a few mixes I’ve pushed aside, not sure what to do with.
    Like pretty much any other concentrate; there is no "right" or "wrong" way to use a concentrate. Only, how it works best for you. Final redemption/that missing "something," is how it works best for me. I will tend to try adjusting percentages, or subbing out one concentrate for a different one, before I reach for the Smooth. Then, if it still isn't quite right, I see if Smooth will give me that final "aha."

Early on, I stopped using ingredients like Smooth, EM, MTS Vape Wizard, and even sweeteners; in my initial mixing experiments. I found I was depending on them way too much, to make sub-par recipe concepts, taste mediocre. Once I stopped leaning on them, to make things passable (hiding percentage errors, and/or disguising a less-than-ideal ingredient(s)); I had to become more aware of what the other concentrates were (or weren't) contributing to my mixing. This has made my mixing more refined and intentional, as well as satisfying to my palate.

I still use all of them on occasion; as they are useful, even indispensable tools... in specific situations. They can provide that extra "sumpen-sumpen" factor to a a run-of-the-mill recipe. They can make a less than ideal ingredient (even though it may be the "best" choice I have in my current stash) work better for its intended purpose in a given recipe. And, if I have an established recipe where I know it is required; I have zero resistance to adding it right along with all the other ingredients. I simply do not consider them in new mixes until I have exhausted my other options. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've never added an additive to my mixes. I have tried them after as a fix but so far I haven't found even one that works for me.I have little hope for smooth but if I have a "bad" mix I will try it. I have some hopes for Liquid Amber.

The description of Earl Grey Tea sounds good. As long as it's only a hint of spice. I vaped spice stuff for a bit but my taste buds put the brakes on and said no more

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The description of Earl Grey Tea sounds good. As long as it's only a hint of spice. I vaped spice stuff for a bit but my taste buds put the brakes on and said no more
    I don't think(?) there are any actual spice components in TFA-EGT. I was trying to describe what I got from both the beverage, as well as the vape. I find the vape to be pretty authentic to the beverage. It is rather potent; so a lower, rather than higher percentage, is never a bad choice. :D

Users who are viewing this thread