Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What I'm really looking for is a straight forward, mild, unsweet tobacco. Not grassy, not floral, not perfume, not nutty...just straight up, mild tobacco. I've learned they can call it by the generic name (Virginia, Burley, Latakia, Turkish, etc.) but how it ends up in these bottles is a mystery. Just gotta try them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Is the Flue Cured you got from Hangsen? If so that's a good one too.
Yes, it is. That was one of the ones I mixed today. Had a nice smell to it. That could be a winner. I'm most interested in the level of smokiness in the flue cured. I like a little smoky.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, it is. That was one of the ones I mixed today. Had a nice smell to it. That could be a winner. I'm most interested in the level of smokiness in the flue cured. I like a little smoky.

It’s been a while since I tried it but I remember Hs magic mix being good.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Just read some of it. Many of the ones they are talking about I have in my cart. Looking forward to the Soho from FA.

The soho reminded me of an ry4 but much more tobacco taste to it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Look at you Bronze !
    I have a feeling you'll soon mix up a 'hmmmm...that's not too bad' !
    Gotta be self sufficient Class. And I hope you're right. :)

I'm no flavor artisan, that's for sure. That takes a special talent and I aint got that. That's why I'm not a chef. But I do have excellent math and mixing skills to be efficient at producing samples so that will help.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Gotta be self sufficient Class. And I hope you're right. :)

I'm no flavor artisan, that's for sure. That takes a special talent and I aint got that. That's why I'm not a chef. But I do have excellent math and mixing skills to be efficient at producing samples so that will help.

I don't now if it's been mentioned...
    Always write down anything you mix up. ANYTHING - even if it's a "oh this is easy, I'll remember this"
    'Cause I guarantee - you'll get a winner and won't remember what you did.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    It’s been a while since I tried it but I remember Hs magic mix being good.
    I came close to tossing that one in my cart. The "slight raisin" note kind of scared me off. But raisin is a dark note so maybe that would go well with the graham-like recipes I'm trying. You talked me into throwing it in my cart. :)

The soho reminded me of an ry4 but much more tobacco taste to it.
    I'm not a big RY4 fan. Not into nutty tobacco so maybe the tobacco forward presence will be good.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I don't now if it's been mentioned...
    Always write down anything you mix up. ANYTHING - even if it's a "oh this is easy, I'll remember this"
    'Cause I guarantee - you'll get a winner and won't remember what you did.
    You don't have to talk me into that. I learned a bit a go that if it isn't written down it will be forgotten. Guaranteed!! So you are 100% correct.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I came close to tossing that one in my cart. The "slight raisin" note kind of scared me off. But raisin is a dark note so maybe that would go well with the graham-like recipes I'm trying. You talked me into throwing it in my cart. :)

I'm not a big RY4 fan. Not into nutty tobacco so maybe the tobacco forward presence will be good.
    I never tasted any raisin in it. I not a fan of any Ry4 but Hangsen Ry3 is good.

Users who are viewing this thread