Random DIY mixing and More

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Morning mixologists unbearably busy .Got to go to Sierra Vista today (group picture. WHY?? Those get obsolete almost before you take them but yea I guess it is worth 4 hours of my TIME.

Also Tucson tomorrow to see my pdoc.

Sigh. That drive there and back kind of sucks. OH well will be listening to TUNES. :)

Anna

That is a long ride. I can hardly motivate myself to get to the other side of town! Kudos to you!!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If anyone else wants the regular 0.8ohm Zenith coils, Ejuices.com listed more on their website late today, and their sale is still going until the end of the month. They're regularly $8.95/box. If you order 9, that meets the $80 level to use the code WOOFER and get 35% off. So they'd be $5.82 per box then. You can order less and still get 15% off, at the $40 level using the code PUPPER, or 25% off at the $60 level and use the code DOGGO.

They'd be shipped from Miami, so S/H may apply. (I know it did on my 2 orders, for stuff that didn't ship from Gardena, CA.)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Flavors coming today. Nic tomorrow.

This scale (I ended up with the LB-501) is pretty sensitive. I have an oscillating fan on the other side of the room and when the wind goes by it changes the readout.

My scale does the same thing or if I lean on the table with my elbows.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just read some of it. Many of the ones they are talking about I have in my cart. Looking forward to the Soho from FA.

I'm one of those who got tired of tobacco flavors relatively early in my journey, but still occasionally relapse. :)

My scale does the same thing or if I lean on the table with my elbows.

Or sneeze.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m almost out of juice that I made prior to my thumb injury. So if I don’t mix tomorrow I’m in deep doo doo.

I’ll have to whip up a couple of simple snv’s then decide what I’ll be wanting to vape in September and October so it can steep.

Well at least my thumb is working again for now. So I can hold off of any micro surgeries. It’s been a real downer for me. I really enjoy mixing, building coils and sharing knowledge on this forum. It’s helped keep me from getting depressed. Just having a something to do and people to talk about it with.

So not being able to jump in has left me feeling a bit down - well let’s judt call it what it is- depressed. Not a full blown depression but definitely not as good as I had been feeling.

That’s why my minor thumb injury has been a big deal to me. Sooooooooo anyways that’s where I’m at. Tomorrow some mixing. Tonight I got a few attys dry burned and rewicked so the little juice I have left tastes better lol!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
#BeKind

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m almost out of juice that I made prior to my thumb injury. So if I don’t mix tomorrow I’m in deep doo doo.

I’ll have to whip up a couple of simple snv’s then decide what I’ll be wanting to vape in September and October so it can steep.

Well at least my thumb is working again for now. So I can hold off of any micro surgeries. It’s been a real downer for me. I really enjoy mixing, building coils and sharing knowledge on this forum. It’s helped keep me from getting depressed. Just having a something to do and people to talk about it with.

So not being able to jump in has left me feeling a bit down - well let’s judt call it what it is- depressed. Not a full blown depression but definitely not as good as I had been feeling.

That’s why my minor thumb injury has been a big deal to me. Sooooooooo anyways that’s where I’m at. Tomorrow some mixing. Tonight I got a few attys dry burned and rewicked so the little juice I have left tastes better lol!!

#BeKind

It sounds like you’re well on the road to recovery. You shouldn’t feel like you’re not able to jump in. Everyone here has some knowledge to share. I take a lot of screenshots but don’t really mix that often unless I get on a kick. That is besides my regular daily stuff.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    You would know more than I. :)

My first order had 4 TFAs, 3 CAPS, 2 VTs, an RF, and a HG on it. I am curious why the FL tobaccos are so expensive.
    Just from reading you will enjoy FLV cured. Pretty much just straight up tobacco flavor. Almost all FLV are in the .25-3% range. The cured I can take to about 5% but the price comes out about the same considering most you will use 5-10%. Where are you in NC?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

#BeKind

I hope you get your mixing done tomorrow with no problems.

And you have so much knowledge, fun, humour and bubbliness that you bring to this forum. Regardless of what you are physically able to do, we all love having you contribute on ECF :wub:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I don't now if it's been mentioned...
    Always write down anything you mix up. ANYTHING - even if it's a "oh this is easy, I'll remember this"
    'Cause I guarantee - you'll get a winner and won't remember what you did.

Best advice ever for DIY :thumb:

I use the notes section on the mixing app I use - it's so handy to look back on. When I'm figuring out a new mix, the notes section ends up like a novel ;)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I hope you get your mixing done tomorrow with no problems.

And you have so much knowledge, fun, humour and bubbliness that you bring to this forum. Regardless of what you are physically able to do, we all love having you contribute on ECF :wub:

Thank you for saying such kind words, it means lot to me. Really my only social activities occur mostly on social media this forum being one of my favorites so when I’m unable to participate I feel like I’m missing my friends.

Tomorrow is for mixing!!! I’m determined! I’ll start off with just a couple of simple recipes then see how I feel about mixing some more “complex” flavors together.

Have a wonderful weekend and know that your kindness brought a smile to another persons face :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    If anyone else wants the regular 0.8ohm Zenith coils, Ejuices.com listed more on their website late today, and their sale is still going until the end of the month. They're regularly $8.95/box. If you order 9, that meets the $80 level to use the code WOOFER and get 35% off. So they'd be $5.82 per box then. You can order less and still get 15% off, at the $40 level using the code PUPPER, or 25% off at the $60 level and use the code DOGGO.

They'd be shipped from Miami, so S/H may apply. (I know it did on my 2 orders, for stuff that didn't ship from Gardena, CA.)
    Thank you! Got a dozen boxes for under $70. No s/h charge. They’re going in my “joints too cranky to build” storage. Almost as exciting as my 5 Silverplays for $35! Sad that we have to plan/stockpile like this :(. But it makes me feel better to be prepared.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you! Got a dozen boxes for under $70. No s/h charge. They’re going in my “joints too cranky to build” storage. Almost as exciting as my 5 Silverplays for $35! Sad that we have to plan/stockpile like this :(. But it makes me feel better to be prepared.

I did a search and found the silverplay. Are those a pretty good rta? I've been kind of shying away from bottom airflow rta's but for seven bucks I might try one. Where did you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread