May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You are one of those that are scary efficient aren't you?

Scared ya huh?LOL
Not that I try to be. It stems from working for 36 years doing research, writing computer programs, and a whole host of things that make it so simple for those that followed in my job after I retired. Corporate history is extremely important to pass on....
sry I was wondering off topic......
I will shut up now

:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Review of UP

Definitely Coffee, but Definitely something else.
    Posted by Jason R. on 29th Aug 2016

I mixed this and have been vaping and steeping it for around 3 weeks. I mixed it at 50/50 VG/PG @ 3%. Fresh after mixing it tastes like a nice black coffee with light cream and enough sweetness so that it doesn't taste bitter. Gradually the strong coffee started to fade and meld with other notes. I can't quite put my finger on it, is it a cake like flavor, is some type of confection or Italian/Euro style candy bar? All I know is I can vape this as an All Day vape. The coffee does seem to fade quite a bit but is still in there. As for other places that say there's a liquor/alcohol taste to it, my tongue doesn't pick it up but it may just be me. I gave the rating due to it being a really good flavor and Bull City as always delivering on time with no hiccups. It is definitely a flavoring that is an all in one, fine straight out of the bottle without any other flavors. But I do plan on experimenting with this. I can see Vanillas, Creams, and Bakery style flavors this would fight in well with.
Pretty sure I read this review before purchasing it at BC, though I’d forgotten reading it. Thanks for reminder:)
Because @Dextrose stated it’s their favorite coffee flavor so far, I thought they might have a beneficial recipe using. (I already have it.) As you might remember, I have several requested coffee mixes to come up with. So I’m trying to gather a bit here and there from everyone to bring all that knowledge together etc... Chachi Vapes usually has reviews I concur with. If anyone’s interested...

The black coffee is there, it's strong but more on the exhale and the aftertaste, the cream is definitely there, and the cereal/cakey notes make this one interesting, but it's not ADV material, it gets boring. To me at 2-3%, it's like a different approach to FA Tiramisu, and in fact they compliment each other quite nicely

Excellent creamy aroma / coffee cake with notes of caramel, vanilla and cream and cereals,
It is a strong espresso coffee roasted but without being burnt it is very robust as a coffee aroma but you can benefit from other sweet aromas or sucralose,
To my Seeing is a bit monotonous and annoying as a unique aroma but I can see that it can easily be used as such.
Medium-tasting, well-balanced notes, slightly dry which reproduces well the dryness of the coffee, hot robust and slightly confused aromatically with the coffee the remaining aromas are a little hidden,
This aroma replicates better the Tiramisu of FA is creamier and less Aggressive, more pleasant and creamy.
Tested at 4% is a strong coffee and very present with slight high notes but with good body and sturdiness for base, without any identifiable alcoholic note.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I'm still looking at the INW Raspberry. Back in my cart for a bit. I like raspberry flavor but I have 3 of them now. If I thought it was less sweet I'd get it but IDK. The Raspberry I have is PUR,TFA and Cap.
I have it in mine too. It seems to be the least sweet/candy like from reviews. I love raspberries, but don’t want a candy taste. The ones you have, what do you like/dislike about them?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Day 5 test of the Zen mix looks promising. I went a little below 1% on the Zen, and it’s more of a background right now. I’m not getting the earthy green some mentioned. I’m loving the vanilla shisha in it, thank you @Letitia for recommending that! The lemon sicily is more twist/rind than fruit, which is nice. I butchered someone’s basil recipe to accommodate what I had. Thinking change the peaches to nectarine and blood orange, even though I’m not getting much peach taste. Here’s what I mixed, would love some input to get it to shine
For 30 ml:
Zen .2
Cucumber 1
White peach 1
Peach 1
Strawberry 1
Lemon sicily .2
Vanilla shisha .6

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Day 5 test of the Zen mix looks promising. I went a little below 1% on the Zen, and it’s more of a background right now. I’m not getting the earthy green some mentioned. I’m loving the vanilla shisha in it, thank you @Letitia for recommending that! The lemon sicily is more twist/rind than fruit, which is nice. I butchered someone’s basil recipe to accommodate what I had. Thinking change the peaches to nectarine and blood orange, even though I’m not getting much peach taste. Here’s what I mixed, would love some input to get it to shine
For 30 ml:
Zen .2
Cucumber 1
White peach 1
Peach 1
Strawberry 1
Lemon sicily .2
Vanilla shisha .6
I have found that peach gets stronger after mixing. At least the TFA Peach does. And so does the TFA Pear. The 'Juicy' Peaches will immediately take over the mix so you may not want to test those ones in this mix or could try just 1 drop or 2. Maybe just a 0.5% or even 0.25% for the peach(reg) will bring it where you like it.

Just noticed you were using ml, not % in typing this. Forget the % and use your method.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For 30 ml:
Zen .2
Cucumber 1
White peach 1
Peach 1
Strawberry 1
Lemon sicily .2
Vanilla shisha .6
I think you just have too much going on so the flavor is muddled. Try just mixing the Zen, cucumber, and vanilla. Then just pull off a couple ml and add a fruit or two. I think the blood orange and nectarine would be tasty. I would probably drop the cucumber for some fruits. If I were using the cuc I would lean towards lime, passion fruit, guava, grapefruit, plum, dark berries.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have it in mine too. It seems to be the least sweet/candy like from reviews. I love raspberries, but don’t want a candy taste. The ones you have, what do you like/dislike about them?
    The TFA is ok,Cap too sweet. Haven't done much with the Pur yet.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have found that peach gets stronger after mixing. At least the TFA Peach does. And so does the TFA Pear. The 'Juicy' Peaches will immediately take over the mix so you may not want to test those ones in this mix or could try just 1 drop or 2. Maybe just a 0.5% or even 0.25% for the peach(reg) will bring it where you like it.

Just noticed you were using ml, not % in typing this. Forget the % and use your method.
    Sorry, I write the recipe on the label so I don’t have to “math” again. My peach is TFA, white peach is FA. I like the white peach better. I’d prefer peach in the background. The FW blood orange is really yummy, so I was considering dropping peach and subbing it in. Maybe bring the % of Zen up? I definitely taste cucumber, but not zen

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I think you just have too much going on so the flavor is muddled. Try just mixing the Zen, cucumber, and vanilla. Then just pull off a couple ml and add a fruit or two. I think the blood orange and nectarine would be tasty. I would probably drop the cucumber for some fruits. If I were using the cuc I would lean towards lime, passion fruit, guava, grapefruit, plum, dark berries.
    No doubt :lol:, I mixed it on a whim just to see what it would turn out like. Sometimes you get a winner, sometimes a clunker. I’ll mix that up later to steep. Do you think I should use more zen? I was leery of using too much the first run

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Sorry, I write the recipe on the label so I don’t have to “math” again. My peach is TFA, white peach is FA. I like the white peach better. I’d prefer peach in the background. The FW blood orange is really yummy, so I was considering dropping peach and subbing it in. Maybe bring the % of Zen up? I definitely taste cucumber, but not zen
    I agree that the FA White Peach is better. But TFA peach is a good background flavor.

I too write my recipe on the label, just that I use % so I am not limited to the same volume of bottle. Whatever works for you is the right way for you to do.

Maybe it would be less confusing to just start a new mix using the blood orange. If you are mixing testers then you are not using too much of your flavors. Good learning test. maybe....

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    No doubt :lol:, I mixed it on a whim just to see what it would turn out like. Sometimes you get a winner, sometimes a clunker. I’ll mix that up later to steep. Do you think I should use more zen? I was leery of using too much the first run
    Try upping the Zen but keep the OG recipe and taste in about a month to see how it ages. My percentages vary for the same recipe depending on how soon I will be getting around to vaping it.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Unless I lost my mind cataloging Inawara has a Rasberry kinda like. It's not super sweet (IMHO of course) although I'm currently making a rasberry-coco flavor so its going to be on the sweet side but it tasted sort of natural as far as I was concerned when I did a tester.

Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I agree that the FA White Peach is better. But TFA peach is a good background flavor.

I too write my recipe on the label, just that I use % so I am not limited to the same volume of bottle. Whatever works for you is the right way for you to do.

Maybe it would be less confusing to just start a new mix using the blood orange. If you are mixing testers then you are not using too much of your flavors. Good learning test. maybe....

Thank you. I start with 10ml. Easy to multiply up then. If I like it I make 60 and dispense to smaller bottles. It’s easier for me to keep up with it on the bottle. I have paper copies I make notes on, but finding one in the pile is a job. How do y’all organize yours? Mine are all fruits + mixes, so they’re all pretty much the same category. Ones I really like are at the front, then the rest are by highest percentage

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I think this shows how much everyone is different. Wouldn’t you know that I heard nothing but great things about it until after I purchase:laugh: I’ll give it a chance until I try it personally but this is good to know.

The Drop is very popular and I am sure there is a good reason for that. I don't really drip so don't have much experience with RDAs. I bought the Drop specifically for testing flavors and new mixes. No doubt my problems are user error. I have tried using it single coil and double coil. Some say to install the coil high, some say low. There are so many videos that I am sure one would give me that "aha" moment. Just need to watch them all. :w00t:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thank you. I start with 10ml. Easy to multiply up then. If I like it I make 60 and dispense to smaller bottles. It’s easier for me to keep up with it on the bottle. I have paper copies I make notes on, but finding one in the pile is a job. How do y’all organize yours? Mine are all fruits + mixes, so they’re all pretty much the same category. Ones I really like are at the front, then the rest are by highest percentage
    ELR is great. Each recipe you enter has room for notes and adapt or edit options.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    In addition to the label, I have a notebook that I use and when I mix a recipe for the first time, I enter it into the book with the date and all of the other ingredients, % to ml etc. I try to write my notes in the margins, but will use the whole page if needed. The date is my key to finding what I did with those mixes. The dates go on the labels of the bottle also. I too mix higher volumes when I find a keeper. But I mix in 120-240 ml bottles so I don't need to mix as often. And then transfer 30 ml to use to fill my daily tanks. This works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread