Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They should be able to offer some guidance.

I really like it in the recipes I use it for, like I use in some of my more savory tea mixes, it adds a note of "something." IDK. It does on its own taste exactly like condensed milk. I'd say it's on the sweeter side, and it is REALLY strong. I mean with fruits I would probably use 1--2 % I could see it working with some fruits, IDK. It's not SICKLY sweet just on the sweet side. I guess you could use it in some desert flavors or milkshake flavors but the key would be SPARNINGLY I think. It's a pretty distinctive taste that blends well with many things IF you don't use too much. Then you get Condensed milk with underlying flavor notes and that is not so yummy unless you ADORE condensed milk.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I was thinking 1%. Glad to know I was on the right track. I'll try Vienna Cream to start with.
I really like it in the recipes I use it for, like I use in some of my more savory tea mixes, it adds a note of "something." IDK. It does on its own taste exactly like condensed milk. I'd say it's on the sweeter side, and it is REALLY strong. I mean with fruits I would probably use 1--2 % I could see it working with some fruits, IDK. It's not SICKLY sweet just on the sweet side. I guess you could use it in some desert flavors or milkshake flavors but the key would be SPARNINGLY I think. It's a pretty distinctive taste that blends well with many things IF you don't use too much. Then you get Condensed milk with underlying flavor notes and that is not so yummy unless you ADORE condensed milk.

Anna
Do you use Purilum Condensed Milk? I see it appears in the most recipes on ELR.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Way back in April, I was determined to be a good girl and test all my flavors. Mixed a bunch of sfts (all berries), tested some, got overwhelmed, and decided to mix others' recipes till I had the fortitude to resume the project (an ever more unlikely prospect as my flavor inventory expands). I'd like to use the sfts I mixed and am thinking of adding a little cream and possibly a dash of lemon to them to make vaping them more enjoyable. How much cream should I add to a 5ml sft? Perhaps 1%? And which kind? I'm thinking Vienna. Or what about Vanilla Swirl? If the latter seems like a good choice, how much of that should I throw in?

I should really do that instead of dumping my sft.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hello folks. 16 hours with stops.Came straight thru with 3drivers. Dd, SIL and Gd. Had time to kill so had breakfast, wandered though a couple musium type places. Couldn’t check in til 4 so caught an early dinner complete with dinner show.Getting here involved some steep and narrow roads but it’s a beautiful setting. First thing I did was get my iPad changed. As I can’t sleep in a moving car I’m very tired. Not gonna be a late night

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello folks. 16 hours with stops.Came straight thru with 3drivers. Dd, SIL and Gd. Had time to kill so had breakfast, wandered though a couple musium type places. Couldn’t check in til 4 so caught an early dinner complete with dinner show.Getting here involved some steep and narrow roads but it’s a beautiful setting. First thing I did was get my iPad changed. As I can’t sleep in a moving car I’m very tired. Not gonna be a late night

I drove by myself from El Paso to Kansas City straight through once. Never again.

I hope you have a great time Fran.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So, in an attempt to maximize the tweaking process, I came up with two different tweaks for the Chocolate Cookie recipe. One effectively reduces the sugar cookie level and the other reduces both sugar cookie and brown sugar (I know the cookie level has to come down because it's too cakey). Why tweak it once, wait two weeks for steeping, then do another tweak based on the first tweak?? I prefer running simultaneous tweaks and skip all the steeping excitement.
    In this case I would say you did it right.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    :lol::lol::lol:

CaraMoo

Caramel sauce sloshed over an ice cream sundae

3% Creamy Caramel (PUR)
    4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)
    2% Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)
    2% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
    1.5% Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF)
    0.5% Super Sweet (CAP) (Optional)

7 days steep - but it is actually pretty good from day 1

I've got no idea how this much cream can work in a recipe, but for some reason it does. Purilum Creamy Caramel is available from Nicotine River.

You could sub the caramel with Flavour Art Caramel @ 2%
    If you have any others you like we’d all like to see them

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Way back in April, I was determined to be a good girl and test all my flavors. Mixed a bunch of sfts (all berries), tested some, got overwhelmed, and decided to mix others' recipes till I had the fortitude to resume the project (an ever more unlikely prospect as my flavor inventory expands). I'd like to use the sfts I mixed and am thinking of adding a little cream and possibly a dash of lemon to them to make vaping them more enjoyable. How much cream should I add to a 5ml sft? Perhaps 1%? And which kind? I'm thinking Vienna. Or what about Vanilla Swirl? If the latter seems like a good choice, how much of that should I throw in?
    Why not add a different cream to each one. Going with 1%should be pretty safe

Users who are viewing this thread