The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Nope, you're the first. Thank you. DuckDuckGoing was no help at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Hey, @AngeNZ, you should post your Caramoo recipe here so I can add it to the index. (I know I could link to the shiny thread, but then the title of the index would be a LIE.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    :lol::lol::lol:

CaraMoo

Caramel sauce sloshed over an ice cream sundae

3% Creamy Caramel (PUR)
    4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)
    2% Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP)
    2% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
    1.5% Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF)
    0.5% Super Sweet (CAP) (Optional)

7 days steep - but it is actually pretty good from day 1

I've got no idea how this much cream can work in a recipe, but for some reason it does. Purilum Creamy Caramel is available from Nicotine River.

You could sub the caramel with Flavour Art Caramel @ 2%

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Thank you,ma'am!

ETA: Added.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I actually have the creamy caramel from when I was on a purilum kick. I wonder how your recipe would be with salted caramel or caramel butter. Might be worth me mixing three samples.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. hittman

Supporting member
    I just checked my flavor list and don’t have the Tahitian vanilla cream. Wonder what would be a good substitute?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Interesting. Reading the names of the flavors alone makes it worth scrolling thru. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Wonder if we could clone serendipity and dragons fire? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I’m trying DF but truthfully I have no false illusions. That is a tough nut to crack.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    JAC is taking pre orders for their new JAC Series-B DNA75 Black Edition. Orders to be filled mid/late November.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Oooh a black jaqq. My favorite. IDK about the preorder thing.

Once again I am a million pages behind on one of my favorite threads (This THREAD is impossible really.)

I am with ya'll until noonish though when I will try to remove the makeshift eye patch and start cleaning for the husband.

God, this like, week has been IMPOSSIBLE. Driving to Sierra Vista for our evil meeting. I bashed my face trying to shove stuff in the car and then like, I hit my head on the car door frame standing up. The good news on that (perhaps not) is my nose took the brunt of this PAIN but it was all bleeding. The good news (I guess) was I was all awake for my drive, so to speak. Oh, I also forgot about my nose, so like, I got up (volunteered, no less) to speak about "success tories" looking like a middle aged prize fighter. I ws gonna camuflagie it with more of that minerl powder stuff on arrival but I forgot. Yeah I don't think I'm read for a Td talk on Sex Ed only I so AM.

The feraeking pinkeye is taking me out however. I have the drops, I know what to do (this is my 3rd time, honestly, I do know what to do) but I over waited and like, you know how it is with PINKEYE. everyone PARIAHS you (for good reason) and I can't go in with mmakeshift eye patch. You just can't.

Oh well, I get to CLEAN later. I found ONE new vacuum bag, go me. But not yet. I kind of feel like mye eyes have ddgravel rash.

Does pinkeye make you tired? I am tired. I am also tire of catching pinkeye from the grubby kids I work with. I mean... I'm gonnna have to remember to not touch my ace after shakking one's hand before I can get to the ETOH rub. Still.

No mixing was disussed this post. Except I think someone asked about my awful floral one shot.. It's lcalled like "Elderberry plus' or something similar. I should have knowns. Still keeping it a year, LOL. Sorry about typos it's hard to see.
    Anna

ETA removed random file I upload I don't even know what it was. II should definitely not be at work

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Hmm, Elderberry wine ...

:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Way back in April, I was determined to be a good girl and test all my flavors. Mixed a bunch of sfts (all berries), tested some, got overwhelmed, and decided to mix others' recipes till I had the fortitude to resume the project (an ever more unlikely prospect as my flavor inventory expands). I'd like to use the sfts I mixed and am thinking of adding a little cream and possibly a dash of lemon to them to make vaping them more enjoyable. How much cream should I add to a 5ml sft? Perhaps 1%? And which kind? I'm thinking Vienna. Or what about Vanilla Swirl? If the latter seems like a good choice, how much of that should I throw in?

• Like Like x 3
  14. hittman

Supporting member
    Do we need to send someone over to wrap you in bubble wrap? Be careful! I hope you're feeling better soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    1% sounds like a good starting point, and maybe several batches with different creams? (Which may need extra steeping to develop.) Not sure about vanilla swirl with berries, but who knows :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. hittman

Supporting member
    I like HS cream really well. I have so many different ones that I never know which one to use.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    1% of Vienna should be fine, Vienna goes with just about anything. I like Vanilla Swirl in alot of different combinations too but since it's meant to be somewhat like a DAAP free version of their Vanilla Custard, it may not be a great fit in some mixes. I wouldn't hesitate to give a try regardless, you never know. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I really like it in the recipes I use it for, like I use in some of my more savory tea mixes, it adds a note of "something." IDK. It does on its own taste exactly like condensed milk. I'd say it's on the sweeter side, and it is REALLY strong. I mean with fruits I would probably use 1--2 % I could see it working with some fruits, IDK. It's not SICKLY sweet just on the sweet side. I guess you could use it in some desert flavors or milkshake flavors but the key would be SPARNINGLY I think. It's a pretty distinctive taste that blends well with many things IF you don't use too much. Then you get Condensed milk with underlying flavor notes and that is not so yummy unless you ADORE condensed milk.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Heft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I was thinking 1%. Glad to know I was on the right track. I'll try Vienna Cream to start with.
    Do you use Purilum Condensed Milk? I see it appears in the most recipes on ELR.

• Like Like x 4