classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Sounds good! Have a recipe by any chance?

Sorry no, it was off the top of my head. As everyone like to tweak to their own likes, that should get you there, just play with it :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm another paper pad user. Separate paper pages for new recipes. If I like the recipe it goes into the pad. I was a late comer to computers and stuck in my ways.
I don’t know the technical lingo but when I open the file on my iPad it’s perfectly usable.
Yah I'm being beaten into a state of reasonableness about ELR . I'm going to look at it at some point soon. Who knows, but it sounds useful.

Anna
I've always hesitated to depend on online stuff. It's great to use them, but not to depend on them.

Now that I find out that it can all be downloaded regularly, it's a whole different ballgame. Online to backup up offline and download to backup online. Plus all the benefits of how well the website keeps things organized (compared to how poorly I do).

So, me too, Anna!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've always hesitated to depend on online stuff. It's great to use them, but not to depend on them.

Now that I find out that it can all be downloaded regularly, it's a whole different ballgame. Online to backup up offline and download to backup online. Plus all the benefits of how well the website keeps things organized (compared to how poorly I do).

So, me too, Anna!
    and me three

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Oh yeah, I use often and love those features. You can also add to your stash this way from others recipes. For about the first month using ELR I didn’t realise you could click on the little x beside "you are missing ingredients” to have them highlighted. I knew about all the other features but once I found this I felt a bit silly it took me a month to find it!:laugh:

Yeah it took me like 3 months to figure that feature out. I love it.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

So, me too, Anna!

Occasionally I’ll even print my recipes from the downloaded file. That way I have 2 separate digital and a hard copy as backups. I really don’t want to find and tweak all my recipes again lol!!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @PJReid I'm liking this "tart" mix quite alot so far......as is. I'm picking up enough "sweet" to make the tart acceptable. Thank you much!!:wub: The Cranberry pretty much buried the Pine Tree.....LOL

I thought that might be a winner for you. I bet Pomegranate would do the same thing.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I have both of those. I'll try it in the same recipe.

I use 4% TFA and .75% FA in the Cranberry Pom Champagne Sparkler. I like that so much, I decided to make 240mls last time and only had about 3% TFA left so threw in an extra gram of FA and it turned out just fine. I haven't done single flavor tests on the Poms yet but do know that the FA is stronger. So much to do. I sure do wish I had started single flavor testing at the beginning of my DIY journey.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I use 4% TFA and .75% FA in the Cranberry Pom Champagne Sparkler. I like that so much, I decided to make 240mls last time and only had about 3% TFA left so threw in an extra gram of FA and it turned out just fine. I haven't done single flavor tests on the Poms yet but do know that the FA is stronger. So much to do. I sure do wish I had started single flavor testing at the beginning of my DIY journey.
    I don't do many single flavor testers. A few really call for it and those are the only ones I do. I will try your mix of Poms and drop the Lime.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't do many single flavor testers. A few really call for it and those are the only ones I do. I will try your mix of Poms and drop the Lime.

It does help when putting together certain mixes - like sorbet. I mixed three versions of a Pineapple Basil Sorbet yesterday and none of them are right. Because I have done single flavor testing on all of the flavors I used, I think I know where to start in trying to fix the problem. I will say that Wayne's use of CAP Lemon Lime at 5.5% as a sorbet base drowns out delicate flavors like pineapples. There is a flavor I can't ID in the VTA Sorbet Base that I don't love but at least I know where that off taste in coming from in the mix.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Testers take SO much patience!
    I'm actually considering adding a couple drops of sweetener to the cranberry mix but IDK.
    :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm actually considering adding a couple drops of sweetener to the cranberry mix but IDK. I don't want to ruin it. Have to think about it.

That recipe is very, very tart.

5592864_f520.jpg

Reactions: Myk and FranC

Users who are viewing this thread