Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    I've got two of the orion q and one of the original orion dna go. I didn't much care for the dna go but did like the orion q. The pods weren't lasting me very long but I do like how it vapes. The pods are around $4 each and I wasn't sure that I wanted to stock up on them so put all my orions in storage. I'll be curious to hear how you like the new one. I didn't realize it had replaceable coils. That's a step in the right direction. Hopefully they aren't too expensive.

I have not priced shop for the replacement coils other than LightFire had them for a little less than $10 for a box of five. This would make the new Orion Plus better for upkeep cost.

With the Orion Quest, I do not think I am paying $4 per replacement pod as they do come packaged two in a box.

I am hoping the flavor for the new Plus is as good as the Quest.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have not priced shop for the replacement coils other than LightFire had them for a little less than $10 for a box of five. This would make the new Orion Plus better for upkeep cost.

With the Orion Quest, I do not think I am paying $4 per replacement pod as they do come packaged two in a box.

I am hoping the flavor for the new Plus is as good as the Quest.

The last time I bought pods( a couple months ago ) for the quest, they were around 7.95 for two.

Reactions: FranC

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Been vaping Fran's Strawberry Biscuit today. It's been two weeks since I mixed it. I like it. Both the base flavor and the strawberry top notes. And the flavor strength seems about right too at 10.25%. Not too overpowering but not wimpy either. I'm going to keep vaping on this awhile longer and see where it goes. My thoughts right now is I might like slightly less base and slightly more strawberry. The current ratio is 66/34 (Base/Strawberry). I'm thinking of taking some of what I have and mixing it at 60/40 (Base/Strawberry) without changing the overall flavor percentage (which is 10.25%). We'll see.

Anasg

Moved On
    Oct 10, 2019
    • Deleted by Misty

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Been vaping Fran's Strawberry Biscuit today. It's been two weeks since I mixed it. I like it. Both the base flavor and the strawberry top notes. And the flavor strength seems about right too at 10.25%. Not too overpowering but not wimpy either. I'm going to keep vaping on this awhile longer and see where it goes. My thoughts right now is I might like slightly less base and slightly more strawberry. The current ratio is 66/34 (Base/Strawberry). I'm thinking of taking some of what I have and mixing it at 60/40 (Base/Strawberry) without changing the overall flavor percentage (which is 10.25%). We'll see.
    Actually, I think I'm going to overshoot it on the strawberry side. Maybe I'll go 40/60 (Base/Strawberry). Then I can come back and find an in-between point. I don't want to inch my way up and take 2,3, or 4 more cracks at it. I'd rather go beyond and then find a sweet spot in-between.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Mixed (at the expense of indexing, sadly, but I only have so much energy to expend on any given day, so something had to fall by the wayside). Best session yet. I mixed nine recipes--no attempts at originality were made--with barely any overlap in flavors (WS-23 showed up three times, and FA Anise twice, but that was it). It was the first time I've mixed since numbering all my flavors, and pulling everything from the cases and then getting everything back in the proper slots was a cinch. Very relieved that the new system does what it was supposed to do.

I mixed 15mls each of the following:

@PJReid's Creme de Menthe, Chai Tea, and Fizzy Sea Breeze

@ceeceeisme's Butter Rum Custard

Marmalade Gin & Tonic (from AtF, linked here by @NotSoMini)

@NatashaTMT's Pistachio Brûlée

@FranC's Fizzy Iced Fruit Bowl

@Myk's Cherry Cough Syrup

HIC's White Tic-Tac (from ELR)

I have high hopes for the G&T and the Sea Breeze, especially. VT Botanical Gin smells gorgeous, as does FW Ruby Red Grapefruit. The INW Grapefruit and FLV Pink Guava in the version of the Sea Breeze that I mixed--v1--reminded me, however, of the awful juice served during long sea voyages, which I always thought was a kind of terrible pineapple but now realize was an equally terrible grapefruit. I can see how both of them will add something to the recipe, but, boy, did they smell yucky.

My hands are tired and sore from squeezing tiny bottles, and my back and feet hurt from standing so long, but I am quite content.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad you’re liking it :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK, i made a tweak recipe and blended it with some of Fran’s Strawberry Biscuit so it will be strawberry-heavy. I can use that to proportion with what I have left of the original recipe to find what works best for me.
    Hoping you can come out with something that works good for :)

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hoping you can come out with something that works good for :)
    I think so Fran. Wont be an ADV but I think it is something I can enjoy as part of a rotation. I could never enjoy just the base alone (too cakey) or just the strawberry alone (too fruity) but together it is quite tasty. Just need to find the right proportion. Yours is certainly in the ballpark. A little more leaning toward the strawberry and I think it will be Bronzified.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think so Fran. Wont be an ADV but I think it is something I can enjoy as part of a rotation. I could never enjoy just the base alone (too cakey) or just the strawberry alone (too fruity) but together it is quite tasty. Just need to find the right proportion. Yours is certainly in the ballpark. A little more leaning toward the strawberry and I think it will be Bronzified.
    You will then try mixing some with a NET?

Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I most definitely need to learn the flavor n texture differences between custard, cheesecake, and creams. Somewhere there is a combination among those three that would make a very nice universal base I think I could use as a heavy hitter in my arsenal. From there it’s just a matter of adding a flavor du jour to keep things interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread