Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
From what I remember, most young men in their 20's are pretty oblivious to their own mortality. Throw in an experienced middle aged sup, make sure their company is bonded and insured, and that sounds like the team you need. The hard part with all that is that crew probably won't come cheap.
Talked one monkey down to $1,000. He just takes it down. I cut it up and haul it away once it’s on the ground. Of course, I don’t know if he’s insured but I will know before I hire him. Had one place quote me $1,500. They use a crane.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Google is your friend.

I've done lots of chain saw work over the years, not uncommon in this area. Knowing one's limits is key. Needed to take out a half dozen cottonwoods and some blighted firs a couple years back, and yeah, at my then age didn't want to clear up all the slash, the felling is the "easy" part!

So I searched for local wood cutters, and got several bids. BIG variation so check around.
Felling is the easy part provided you don’t care where it falls. :)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Good morning :)

I've always considered getting a handgun, but now I'm really considering it.. a couple camping on a beach (on that very same beach which I've walked up and down hundreds of times with no fear) were murdered, buried in the sand, and then their rig was stolen. WTF is wrong with people!

But what I'm really considering and planning right now, is I have an opportunity to build my shiny new coppervape hussar and give it a test drive. A rare day off, wooo! :banana:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't use pods really, but this one looks really interesting. The clamp style rba head really peaks my interest. I'd like to see a size comparison with other mods in the aegis line. If it's small, this one might be a winner.
    I saw that. It is different for sure

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I bought them quite some time ago on Aliexpress and yes, they were quite inexpensive. :D I don't hate them so am saving them for a rainy day. Might ought to get a couple more Serpent Elevates to top them off. Those are pretty light RTAs.
    I thought you just got them too.

Reactions: stols001

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Are they sending you one? I’m hoping I’ll get one for review.
    Geekvape is supposed to send one for review around the 11th. I like pod mods better than pods so I am excited to give it a spin.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a split oak (one trunk with two trees coming out of it) just 20 feet from the front of the house. It’s already been hit by lightning and smoked most of the electronics in my house plus blew out a couple windows. It’s a giant sized white oak. One of the splits leans toward the house and overhangs the house itself. It will chop my house in half if it ever comes down. If a limb falls it will impale the roof. I gotta take that thing down but I’ll be damned if I do it. I need a pro with the right gear and nohow to surgically remove it. Plus they need to be young and oblivious to the concept of mortality. I’m none of these things. :)
    Glad you’re going to hire it done

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Geekvape is supposed to send one for review around the 11th. I like pod mods better than pods so I am excited to give it a spin.
    I kinda expect a pod to be a pod (small) and a mod to be a mod. I have a zbiip that is supposed to be a pod but it’s the size a weight of a mod and that’s what I always think of it as.

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    From what I remember, most young men in their 20's are pretty oblivious to their own mortality. Throw in an experienced middle aged sup, make sure their company is bonded and insured, and that sounds like the team you need. The hard part with all that is that crew probably won't come cheap.
    Tree work in these parts is very pricy

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Felling is the easy part provided you don’t care where it falls. :)
    As long as it doesn’t fall on you. Never forget that the unexpected can happen in a split second.I’ve seen it happen.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I kinda expect a pod to be a pod (small) and a mod to be a mod. I have a zbiip that is supposed to be a pod but it’s the size a weight of a mod and that’s what I always think of it as.
    That is funny, I think of the small ones as cigalikes cause that is how they vape.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning :)

I've always considered getting a handgun, but now I'm really considering it.. a couple camping on a beach (on that very same beach which I've walked up and down hundreds of times with no fear) were murdered, buried in the sand, and then their rig was stolen. ... is wrong with people!

But what I'm really considering and planning right now, is I have an opportunity to build my shiny new coppervape hussar and give it a test drive. A rare day off, wooo! :banana:
    I thought everyone had one in this dangerous world.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    The Tance Max, Nano, Solo, Blu and a couple others I have tried all remind me of earlier PV's like ego, evod etc. I am not a fan of anything that uses pods only. I just don't see an advantage other than small size.

Good thing we have variety or at least we had it until the dooming.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The Tance Max, Nano, Solo, Blu and a couple others I have tried all remind me of earlier PV's like ego, evod etc. I am not a fan of anything that uses pods only. I just don't see an advantage other than small size.

Good thing we have variety or at least we had it until the dooming.
    Don't they say variety is the spice of life:lol:

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Sawing is the most dangerous work there is as far as owning a home goes. You have to understand the physics of it. How both the saw and the tree will act in a wide variety of cuts. Also, maintenance of the saw is critical to safety. Most people who own chainsaws shouldn’t.

My tree guy so totally impressed me. I had trees close to my house. He used ropes and pulleys and a bobcat and got each one to fall just exactly where it should, which sure wasn't easy. He's a third generation arborist. One of the weekend warriors in my neighborhood wanted the wood, and said he would have cut those trees for nothing. Yeah, right! If I have a small tree that's easy my friend's husband will cut it, but these were complicated. Well worth it to get a professional.

Users who are viewing this thread