Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm not saying I should have done it that way, but at the time it was necessary. There are better safer ways, but there are times when you have to do some crazy stuff to protect the ones you love.
    This is also true

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have the one I posted, Illusion, and a Starry Night. Both are in their boxes in my vape stash. They just don't work for me very well. Many love them so it is just me I guess. :D

GeekVape_Blade_Mod_starry_night_600x600.jpg

Were they on sale or something?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    No kidding. I was in great shape at his age.

I was in better shape at 47 than I am now at 49. I’ve been trying to get back into an exercise routine but it just hasn’t stuck yet.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Sawing is the most dangerous work there is as far as owning a home goes. You have to understand the physics of it. How both the saw and the tree will act in a wide variety of cuts. Also, maintenance of the saw is critical to safety. Most people who own chainsaws shouldn’t.

That’s why I don’t own one. I have a couple hand saws and a pole saw and don’t use those unless I have to.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I am looking forward to trying the Geekvape Aegis Boost pod mod in a couple weeks.

Are they sending you one? I’m hoping I’ll get one for review.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    We went out to dinner and stopped by the hardware store on the way home. I picked up a couple 12 gallon storage tubs to put my vape stash in. I’m tired of storing my stuff in cardboard boxes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We went out to dinner and stopped by the hardware store on the way home. I picked up a couple 12 gallon storage tubs to put my vape stash in. I’m tired of storing my stuff in cardboard boxes.
    12 gallon? How will you find anything?

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    They look like a PV more than a pod mod.
    I don't use pods really, but this one looks really interesting. The clamp style RBA head really peaks my interest. I'd like to see a size comparison with other mods in the aegis line. If it's small, this one might be a winner.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Were they on sale or something?

I bought them quite some time ago on Aliexpress and yes, they were quite inexpensive. :D I don't hate them so am saving them for a rainy day. Might ought to get a couple more Serpent Elevates to top them off. Those are pretty light RTAs.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    One thing I have never desired to do is cut down a DANG TREE.

Fortunately, so far, no one has ASKED. LOL.

Maybe I could start with a sapling and work my way up but I am definitely sometimes a person who "calls someone for that."

Most often, locking my keys in the car, usually when I am flummoxed or late. Most recently I had this meeting to get to in Sierra Vista and like, I was in a RUSH as I had no clue where it was, and like fortunately someone called and I was like, "I FORGET what building you at! I am mere minutes away!"

And then I locked my keys in the car. I'm really good at it let me tell you. I also ALWAYS lock all my other doors (no alarm system or superlock on my car when I say BASIC Mazda 3 I mean it.)

So I sighed, after the meeting, and just called a damn locksmith. Fortunately they aren't as expensive in Tucson. The guy asked me if I "Did this often" and I said, "Often enough to ask you where can *I* get those tools and he was like, "You gotta be registered to use them, off your property otherwise you can be cited for theft." I was like, "That's fine, I mean I can't imagine where I would store them other than in my trunk anyway, I am certainly not TUCKING them under my car I hit too many curbs." Then he did his thing, and said "Did you know your passenger door was unlocked?" I was like, why no, no sir I did not. Did YOU?" He was like, nope not until I saw what color the lock turned when I opened it they're all different you know."

I gave him my "giant eyes" look and he gave me a discount.

I was particularly proud of me and my competence that day. Yeah yeah I know hide a key etc and you have to order the stupid keys and they cost a billion dollars and the husband (quite rightly) will not relinquish my second and ONLY key.

Frankly maybe I will do it myself. I mean 100 dollars ONCE is 100 once. I don't LOSE them (I have them on a carabiner) but like, almost 100% of the time I like, see them in the ignition.

It SUCKS.

Anyone need a tree dropped near Douglas? LOL.

Anna

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I'm not saying I should have done it that way, but at the time it was necessary. There are better safer ways, but there are times when you have to do some crazy stuff to protect the ones you love.
    I have a split oak (one trunk with two trees coming out of it) just 20 feet from the front of the house. It’s already been hit by lightning and smoked most of the electronics in my house plus blew out a couple windows. It’s a giant sized white oak. One of the splits leans toward the house and overhangs the house itself. It will chop my house in half if it ever comes down. If a limb falls it will impale the roof. I gotta take that thing down but I’ll be damned if I do it. I need a pro with the right gear and nohow to surgically remove it. Plus they need to be young and oblivious to the concept of mortality. I’m none of these things. :)

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have a split oak (one trunk with two trees coming out of it) just 20 feet from the front of the house. It’s already been hit by lightning and smoked most of the electronics in my house plus blew out a couple windows. It’s a giant sized white oak. One of the splits leans toward the house and overhangs the house itself. It will chop my house in half if it ever comes down. If a limb falls it will impale the roof. I gotta take that thing down but I’ll be damned if I do it. I need a pro with the right gear and nohow to surgically remove it. Plus they need to be young and oblivious to the concept of mortality. I’m none of these things. :)
    From what I remember, most young men in their 20's are pretty oblivious to their own mortality. Throw in an experienced middle aged sup, make sure their company is bonded and insured, and that sounds like the team you need. The hard part with all that is that crew probably won't come cheap.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Google is your friend.

I've done lots of chain saw work over the years, not uncommon in this area. Knowing one's limits is key. Needed to take out a half dozen cottonwoods and some blighted firs a couple years back, and yeah, at my then age didn't want to clear up all the slash, the felling is the "easy" part!

So I searched for local wood cutters, and got several bids. BIG variation so check around.

Users who are viewing this thread