Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So anyway, as I mentioned a few weeks ago I tweaked Fran's Strawberry Biscuit recipe. I really liked the flavor but I wanted to see what it tasted like with less base and a stronger strawberry presence. Fran's recipe is 66/34 (non-strawberry/strawberry). I tweaked it so it was 40/60. Same ratios between non-strawberry flavors and same ratios between the two strawberry flavors...just less of the non-strawberry flavors and more of the strawberry flavors, that's all. Overall flavor content was also kept the same (10.25%). So I'm vaping both the original and the tweak. Surprisingly, it did not move near as much as I thought it would. By making the strawberry content go from 34% to 60% of the flavor content I thought I would make it disgustingly too strawberryish. Not the case. It definitely moved it just not as much as I thought it would. I still think it was a good tweak for me, however. I also mixed three ratios between but I don't see any reason to sample them given the 40/60 is working for me. So, here are the two recipes in the event anyone wants to try the tweaked version. Fran's is plenty good enough as it is so this tweak will be marginal toward less base and more strawberry. It certainly does not change the essence of this flavor. I didn't want it to because Fran's recipe was a winner to begin with.

Fran's Strawberry Biscuit

NY Cheesecake (CAP) 3%
    Juicy Strawberry (FA) 2.5%
    Cereal 27 (CAP) 1%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 1%
    Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 1%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.75%

Bronze's Tweak

Juicy Strawberry (FA) 4.40%
    NY Cheesecake (CAP) 1.80%
    Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 1.75%
    Cereal 27 (CAP) 0.60%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 0.60%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 0.60%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.50%
    Hope that tweak works good for you:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Hope that tweak works good for you:)
    So far so good. Most of the fruit flavors I tried in the past were very good but had very little endurance for me. I'd vape them for an hour and I'd had enough of them. And I think the reason is because they were basically fruit only, no base. Seems for me I have to have some kind of base flavor to give it some heft, depth, and weight. That's what SB does. On the other extreme, I'm not a "cakey" person at all. So somewhere in the middle of all that there has to be a sweet spot (not just for me but for all of us). It's just a matter of finding it. I think for me, I'm more favorable to a slight top note bias. I wish it were the other way around because I think I would open up to more flavors. But it is what it is.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    So anyway, as I mentioned a few weeks ago I tweaked Fran's Strawberry Biscuit recipe. I really liked the flavor but I wanted to see what it tasted like with less base and a stronger strawberry presence. Fran's recipe is 66/34 (non-strawberry/strawberry). I tweaked it so it was 40/60. Same ratios between non-strawberry flavors and same ratios between the two strawberry flavors...just less of the non-strawberry flavors and more of the strawberry flavors, that's all. Overall flavor content was also kept the same (10.25%). So I'm vaping both the original and the tweak. Surprisingly, it did not move near as much as I thought it would. By making the strawberry content go from 34% to 60% of the flavor content I thought I would make it disgustingly too strawberryish. Not the case. It definitely moved it just not as much as I thought it would. I still think it was a good tweak for me, however. I also mixed three ratios between but I don't see any reason to sample them given the 40/60 is working for me. So, here are the two recipes in the event anyone wants to try the tweaked version. Fran's is plenty good enough as it is so this tweak will be marginal toward less base and more strawberry. It certainly does not change the essence of this flavor. I didn't want it to because Fran's recipe was a winner to begin with.

NY Cheesecake (CAP) 3%
    Cereal 27 (CAP) 1%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 1%
    Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 1%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.75%

Bronze's Tweak

Cereal 27 (CAP) 0.60%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 0.60%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 0.60%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.50%
    Looks like I need to make a BCF order in the coming weeks, need just a few of those. Looks delish!

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Looks like I need to make a BCF order in the coming weeks, need just a few of those. Looks delish!
    I thought everyone here has made Fran's Strawberry Biscuit. :)

I don't know if you'd prefer my tweak over Fran's recipe but if you don't you can always convert it back to Fran's and not waste anything. Truthfully, if you like one the other one will be vapeable. They're really not that far apart.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I thought everyone here has made Fran's Strawberry Biscuit. :)

I don't know if you'd prefer my tweak over Fran's recipe but if you don't you can always convert it back to Fran's and not waste anything. Truthfully, if you like one the other one will be vapeable. They're really not that far apart.
    I haven't made Frans, I'd like to make both.. and see who the winner is! Likely both will be fantastic.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I know I've seen the recipe, but for some reason it didn't register in my brain that it was something I should do. I just took a screenshot for future (soon) reference. :)
    Hope you like it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I should get working on a recipe and see if I can outdo myself....LOL. I haven't checked my base flavors yet. For a while, I've been collecting everything that would work for a base for me. Most I haven't even tried in a recipe yet. Maybe I'll get my lists out tonight and make a list of all the base flavors I have. I want to use something other than cheesecake I think.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

NY Cheesecake (CAP) 3%
    Cereal 27 (CAP) 1%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 1%
    Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 1%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.75%

Bronze's Tweak

Cereal 27 (CAP) 0.60%
    Creme Fresh (FA) 0.60%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 0.6
    Biscuit (INW) 0.50%
    Does either require a long steep. And if I leave out the cereal how much do I raise the biscuit? Or sub with?

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    If you do not like the cereal I would raise the biscuit .25%
    Thanks Fran. When we got the cereal last year I really liked it but then after vaping it a while, it lost its appeal and I just no longer enjoyed it. Don't know why but I just cant bring myself to mix with it at least right now....
    A months steep on this?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks Fran. When we got the cereal last year I really liked it but then after vaping it a while, it lost its appeal and I just no longer enjoyed it. Don't know why but I just cant bring myself to mix with it at least right now....
    A months steep on this?

Yeah, thereabouts is good:) Hope ya like it:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Does either require a long steep. And if I leave out the cereal how much do I raise the biscuit? Or sub with?

If you do not like the cereal I would raise the biscuit .25%
    Definitely take Fran’s advice on this one. :)

I steeped mine 2-3 weeks. Is that best? Beats the hell out of me. Never tried it any other way.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, I got clean clothes that are ironed and stuff. I'm going back on a Friday, I didn't realize Monday was Veteran's day. I'm going to bed early and I will like wake up at 6 tomorrow, to try to set my clock. It takes about 3 days, so I missed a day but dang it, my kid was having a meltdown there were several evenings I did not get to EAT until 9:30 for example. And I can't take my sleep meds right away afterward not to mention.. .Other stuff.

My doc told me to do NOTHING work related other than covering my .... as far as dealing with the darling, sweet and delightful risk manager, so I have outstanding things.

It was crazy how hard it was to go out for like 3 hours of chores. I am thinking I may do yoga for like, stamina and it will help me sleep. And tomorrow so I don't FREAK out.

I hope I don't bawl my eyes out as soon as I set through the door (I will have to go gaze at the jellyfish mobile, made by kids out of trash, to remember my calling.) It's in "my" building and it was then I decided "I want to work here" only I did not realize "here" meant right here, .But, it cheers me up every time. My husband loved it too, he just has contractor madness and they all want to be working and scheduling NOW. YOU NEVER say no to a contractor, even if you have to go to a funeral or something because then they hate on you like, and schedule you 3 months out. He has a guy currently working and the next guys on like, Tuesday so it won't work.

It's cool I already cried at my clinic manager (and hugged her when like , she came to my house. I was denture less, in my elderly bathrobe, and I bet I didn't smell so good." DAMN,. She was like, "NO!!!!!! You are FINE!!!!! Why didn't you talk to me." I was like, "Risk manager like made it seem like I would be poison darted if I did and also I am currently psycho" or something like that. Yay. Go me. The living room was not the WORST, but it was not entirely you know, ready for company. LOL. I had been working through "fried" for weeks and the I had what my psychiatrist politely called an "Acute stress reaction and thyroid dysfunction." To politely say "My poor patient was having a TERRIBLE time anyway AND THEN YOU accused her of HIPPA VIIOLATIONS."

So god knows, I'm behind on stuff work wise but you are not really supposed to work on FMLA it's "getting better time."

I won't wear mascara Friday, just in case LOL.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread