Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes but I don't think of it as time wasted. It's all unique to your taste.
True enough. Can't know what one likes without knowing what one dislikes. The SFTs are helpful to be sure and I'm heavy into those as well. But I'm also trying finished recipes too. I believe both paths are useful. I'm learning flavors with the SFTs and ratios with the finished recipes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    True enough. Can't know what one likes without knowing what one dislikes. The SFTs are helpful to be sure and I'm heavy into those as well. But I'm also trying finished recipes too. I believe both paths are useful. I'm learning flavors with the SFTs and ratios with the finished recipes.
    Sounds to me like you have this on the run.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Oh man things that have happened to me :lol::lol::lol:

Called pharmacy, no new scrip.
    Called "plushmed" (I might do like online medicine again but maybe not THEM) talked to the same lady from yesterday, She was like, "The doctor said the risk is minuscule but you will have to get it worked out with YOUR PSYCHIATRIST."

So I reamed her out ineffectively about how providing a service involves ASSUMING risk and if he did not wish to "assume the risk" he would be prescribing something else. He was not on "until 2."

So, then I waited for a supervisor, and he was a tool. He was like, "We can refund your money." I was like,, "OH NO you aren't getting away THAT easy. Your doctor assumed a risk when he took me on as a patient and I TOLD him the meds I take. NO. You are going to fix this." "
    "Well he comes on at 2."

I was like holy Jesus but also "call me at 2."

Then I went and read the prescribing information for that drug and I was like "Yep I have had this medication and YEP the risk is TINY and only for people with Q-T interval problems which I do not have. So then, I called and begged the pharmacist to just FILL the prescription. I was like "Dude, I am on like 3 Q-T rhythm meds you KNOW I'm, gonna be fine." So he was like, "Oh yeah, I know you, you know what you are doing, I'll fill it should be ready in a half hour."

Then I queried him as to why the aged and decrepit pharmacists were like having such a hard time with my scrips an he was like, "Oh, we are looking for a staff pharmacist, we need another one." Then I asked him when he was on duty so I could fill my scripts THEN.

THEN, (I get bonus points) I called "plushmed" back (you should hear their call music it is EPIC BTW I encourage you all to call but maybe not make an appointment."

Then I spoke to the same lady and she was like "The supervisor does not want tot talk to you until 2." She was also like, "who are you" and I was like, "Ms.; Anna come on, don't your recognize my voice by now? She was like "I get a lot of calls."

Anyway, I was like, "Write this down then. Tell the supervisor to cancel the request as I have resolved this myself with the pharmacy. Tell him he and his doctor's services are NOT needed and let me point out to you that *I* am saving you time and energy here because I am a decent human being. You better tell that little twerp (I think he was like 22) to call me at 2 though!

Mainly, I want my copay back. And mostly because I want my copay back because the little (censored) head wouldn't' TALK to me so he can talk to me at this "SCHEDULED time" of 2 pm about my copay. Jerks.

They tried to do some talking over me.. I have found a sharp "EXCUSE me can I finish my sentence" works but so does yelling. It's fun to alternate.

They were rated pretty highly on the "telemed" sore which is a bit frightening. I assume they have telemed insurance so I don't know what the doc's deal was he could have just told the pharmacy TO FILL IT.

Oh well comedy of errors....Thank God I'm a social worker and KNOW stuff. Jesus.
    Anna

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth

Called "plushmed" (I might do like online medicine again but maybe not THEM) talked to the same lady from yesterday, She was like, "The doctor said the risk is minuscule but you will have to get it worked out with YOUR PSYCHIATRIST."

So I reamed her out ineffectively about how providing a service involves ASSUMING risk and if he did not wish to "assume the risk" he would be prescribing something else. He was not on "until 2."

So, then I waited for a supervisor, and he was a tool. He was like, "We can refund your money." I was like,, "OH NO you aren't getting away THAT easy. Your doctor assumed a risk when he took me on as a patient and I TOLD him the meds I take. NO. You are going to fix this." "
    "Well he comes on at 2."

Then I went and read the prescribing information for that drug and I was like "Yep I have had this medication and YEP the risk is TINY and only for people with Q-T interval problems which I do not have. So then, I called and begged the pharmacist to just FILL the prescription. I was like "Dude, I am on like 3 Q-T rhythm meds you KNOW I'm, gonna be fine." So he was like, "Oh yeah, I know you, you know what you are doing, I'll fill it should be ready in a half hour."

Then I queried him as to why the aged and decrepit pharmacists were like having such a hard time with my scrips an he was like, "Oh, we are looking for a staff pharmacist, we need another one." Then I asked him when he was on duty so I could fill my scripts THEN.

THEN, (I get bonus points) I called "plushmed" back (you should hear their call music it is EPIC BTW I encourage you all to call but maybe not make an appointment."

Then I spoke to the same lady and she was like "The supervisor does not want tot talk to you until 2." She was also like, "who are you" and I was like, "Ms.; Anna come on, don't your recognize my voice by now? She was like "I get a lot of calls."

Anyway, I was like, "Write this down then. Tell the supervisor to cancel the request as I have resolved this myself with the pharmacy. Tell him he and his doctor's services are NOT needed and let me point out to you that *I* am saving you time and energy here because I am a decent human being. You better tell that little twerp (I think he was like 22) to call me at 2 though!

Mainly, I want my copay back. And mostly because I want my copay back because the little (censored) head wouldn't' TALK to me so he can talk to me at this "SCHEDULED time" of 2 pm about my copay. Jerks.

They tried to do some talking over me.. I have found a sharp "EXCUSE me can I finish my sentence" works but so does yelling. It's fun to alternate.

They were rated pretty highly on the "telemed" sore which is a bit frightening. I assume they have telemed insurance so I don't know what the doc's deal was he could have just told the pharmacy TO FILL IT.

Oh well comedy of errors....Thank God I'm a social worker and KNOW stuff. Jesus.
    Anna
    Jesus tap dancing Jones, just reading this makes me stressed out, I can't imagine what this is doing to you! I really like your attitude though, and it should be known to all, don't mess with @stols001 ! Not to be trifled with

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

"Well he comes on at 2."

Anna
    At least you're getting your meds. Big plus.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeah this abx kind of gives me the creeps though. It's not the heart thing really, it's the whole "snap a tendon, most often your Achilles tendon." I'm kinda thinking a z pack would have worked JUST as well, some of those old abx surprise you. I've taken it once before and been Just Fine but not on this amount of steroids, like. I might just have to drastically cut my steroid dose tomorrow if I feel better. I mean, I GET this is like, one of the abx of "last resort" but it's also like the one they give you if like, you acquire bubonic plague though.

IDK I'm trying to not think about it "snapped tendons'" are not the kind of thing you want to hear as a stretchy athlete. They say not to exercise while you are on it but they also say like, it can happen MONTHS later.

IDK. I already took it once and I was okay. I'm just gonna think about THAT and see what I can do about like, not taking as many steroids but I'm going to wait until I am no longer coughing so hard I am supporting the Depends industry. That is not one I should support.

Jesus. I am totally self aware about some health stuff but I done be so dumb about other stuff. I mean I have been coughing for like at least 2 weeks some of the time going, "Meh, it's just a cold, and "meh, I must need to change some wicks, or whatever. It literally takes until I am RETCHING where I'm like, "Dood I must be sick." I need that pneumonia vaccine. I bet it's cheap too, vaccinations are so CHEAP (holy crow compared to some of my med COPAYs) the government has to SUBSIDIZE most of them. I should ask my FQHA cost, while I am still technically "a patient."

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    So they're sure you have bacterial pneumonia, @stols001? Or do you have a secondary infection now?

On topic: the company formerly known as Nicotine River is selling a bunch of discontinued flavors at 50% off (with DISCONTINUED at checkout). Quince, anybody?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I gave my Sugar Cookie away. Too cakey, too sweet. I could no doubt work mt way around the too cakey but not the too sweet.
    Even at 1% that sugar cookie butts its way in. I think my sugar cookie is going in the bone box. DIY is like Muskie fishing. Gotta make a thousand casts before you catch one.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK @Zazie I don't think telemedicine can tell you that. I'm a little concerned though. I never cancelled my 10 pm appointment tomorrow and like see a real doctor in person and see if we can dial ONE of these meds like, back.

I never go to the doctor extra but this drug gives me the gremlins, I really hate it.

This is also as a direct consequence of my smoking, I like, am allergic to one of the quinolines and the other one doesn't seem to work. Although I was being treated for a bone infection when I like had a gum infection but clindamycin should work with either. I took it so many times it now seems to do nothing. Sigh.

But really, I would honestly be just as happy with a freaking bunch a steroids and an inhaler for the wheezing and a z pack,. and an appointment for my damn pneumonia shot (I don't think they like giving it out when you are sick.) Dude though, I really think this is like overkill, potentially. So I am going to ARGHHHH sack up my meds like a good little girl and see who is happy to possibly make changes.

I will be the first to admit, like, the practitioners at my center out here in Douglas are not the BOMB (for some reason they do way better recruiting pedes, but the CEO is pedes.)

However, there is nothing more one doctor enjoys more than correcting another so maybe they can say, :"Yeah, here's this inhaler and a z pack and keep taking the steroids we will see. Etc.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Even at 1% that sugar cookie butts its way in. I think my sugar cookie is going in the bone box. DIY is like Muskie fishing. Gotta make a thousand casts before you catch one.
    Possibles are FA cookie,WF shortbread cookie

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    IDK @Zazie I don't think telemedicine can tell you that. I'm a little concerned though. I never cancelled my 10 pm appointment tomorrow and like see a real doctor in person and see if we can dial ONE of these meds like, back.

I never go to the doctor extra but this drug gives me the gremlins, I really hate it.

This is also as a direct consequence of my smoking, I like, am allergic to one of the quinolines and the other one doesn't seem to work. Although I was being treated for a bone infection when I like had a gum infection but clindamycin should work with either. I took it so many times it now seems to do nothing. Sigh.

But really, I would honestly be just as happy with a freaking bunch a steroids and an inhaler for the wheezing and a z pack,. and an appointment for my damn pneumonia shot (I don't think they like giving it out when you are sick.) Dude though, I really think this is like overkill, potentially. So I am going to ARGHHHH sack up my meds like a good little girl and see who is happy to possibly make changes.

I will be the first to admit, like, the practitioners at my center out here in Douglas are not the BOMB (for some reason they do way better recruiting pedes, but the CEO is pedes.)

However, there is nothing more one doctor enjoys more than correcting another so maybe they can say, :"Yeah, here's this inhaler and a z pack and keep taking the steroids we will see. Etc.

Anna
    You are back to work now so you really do need the right meds

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Possibles are FA cookie,WF shortbread cookie
    We agree about sugar cookie being overwhelming but perhaps for different reasons. You found it too sweet. I found it too cakey (though it was sweet too but the cakey offended me more than the sweety).

Another thing I learned with these tweaks was the brown sugar was not nearly as offensive as I thought it would be. I dramatically reduced it on Tweak 2 and I think it took away from the overall flavor. I was thinking the brown sugar would be cloy but it's not (which is a good thing).

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran, I just mixed another 60ml of your mixed berry cheesecake. I’m really liking it
    That’s a popular one. I’m glad you like it. My plan is to come up with another big winner but the inspiration hasen’t happened yet. I’m kinda a weird mixer.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We agree about sugar cookie being overwhelming but perhaps for different reasons. You found it too sweet. I found it too cakey (though it was sweet too but the cakey offended me more than the sweety).

Another thing I learned with these tweaks was the brown sugar was not nearly as offensive as I thought it would be. I dramatically reduced it on Tweak 2 and I think it took away from the overall flavor. I was thinking the brown sugar would be cloy but it's not (which is a good thing).
    You learn something from each thing you try

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeah I am going to go in. I also have NO CLUE how I am going to make it through this week. OMG. So, I will go and then just....see.

I mean... I took one dose, I'll keep taking the steroids. I should probably not vape. I'm scared I will smoke if II don't. Argh. My life needs to smooth out considerably man.

I should like eat soon and go to bed soon that would be lovely although my "early' is kinda.

Okay this is the first time I have actually missed civilization I think.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I am going to go in. I also have NO CLUE how I am going to make it through this week. OMG. So, I will go and then just....see.

I mean... I took one dose, I'll keep taking the steroids. I should probably not vape. I'm scared I will smoke if II don't. Argh. My life needs to smooth out considerably man.

I should like eat soon and go to bed soon that would be lovely although my "early' is kinda.

Okay this is the first time I have actually missed civilization I think.

Anna
    You need to get your husband back there

Users who are viewing this thread