The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    @Bronze you're making me curious about this ADV of yours. If I may ask, what wattage do you tend to vape it at? I found a couple chocolate juices I loved when I first started vaping, but I found that they were nasty as I upped my wattage. I'd still love a good chocolate vape, and I've tried many DIY variants and never found one that's good for me (at higher wattage like I enjoy--and by "higher" I refer to ~30 watts, usually not much beyond that).

If you were to be vaping similarly to myself and enjoy the chocolate flavor, I may just have to try it out honestly.

• Like Like x 4
  2. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Just a thought but given that description, it might be worth trying a Mocha flavor ... it's basically a chocolate/coffee mix with the ratio between the two differing among vendors but usually mostly chocolate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You could not dedicate one pv for lower wattage so you can vape Chocolate enjoyably?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Sloth Tonight

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I don't enjoy that type of vaping anymore. It's not a big deal either way. I vape unflavored and love it. Just saying that if a chocolate vape fell in line with how I enjoy vaping, I'd like to try it out :)

Dubious though as chocolate is a tough one. The only flavorings I have come close to enjoying are WF chocolate chunks and Molinberry Glamour Chocolate, but they still had a hint of burnt chocolate to me :(

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I reached my goal of recording 2 recipes. Now if I can do that almost daily I will catch up and get rid of the stack of recipes in my binder

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried:)

• Love Love x 2
  7. Sloth Tonight

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I appreciate it my friend :)

• Love Love x 2
  8. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Things like having to wash bottles are what keep us going. Otherwise, we'd crumble.

“It was time to take the pumpkin out of the pot and eat it. In the final analysis, that was what solved these big problems of life. You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin. That brought you down to earth. That gave you a reason for going on. Pumpkin” (Alexander McCall Smith, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency).

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Vegging with a big cup of hot cocoa, mini marshmallows and a peppermint stick. The marshmallows and peppermint both melted into the cocoa pretty quick. A birthday gift from middle gd.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The description on the website says " cooling sensation with a rich tobacco flavor". Is the tobacco flavor very obvious or is it mostly just a menthol liquid? I use a menthol tobacco that I made trying to duplicate silverleaf menthol from puresmoker. I didn't get an exact clone but it's close enough for me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. DebbieNY

DebbieNY Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Hello, everyone! Been up to my eyeballs at work for the last couple of weeks (new employees to support, so lots to do), so I just wanted to pop in to say hello.

I did mix up a bottle of another Kringle's Curse recipe to try out (contains Creme de Menthe, Arctic Winter, Peppermint, & Koolada) and it smells great, but haven't tasted it yet. I can finally bring my car in this coming Saturday for the inspection and the part that needs to be replaced, so hoping my life will get back to some normalcy soon (I hate feeling stranded).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You do. The sooner the better. What a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hey, Pretty bird:) How you been doing?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    When I was a power mode vaper I was around 12 watts. I've been doing TC the last couple/few years so I'm 420/430 degrees. Make no mistake, this is a NET but the tobacco takes a back seat and the front notes are unmistakably chocolateish.

Given the soggy grounds smell to the bottle of juice I often wondered if they put coffee in it. But truthfully, coffee makes me heave so if there's coffee in this juice some other flavor killed it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Vaping one of my older 15ml mixes I brought here. Spiked Tea and it’s pretty tasty. The recipe isn’t in the pile inside my binder so I’m going to search in my envelopes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The Spiked Tea I posted earlier in this thread is very different from the one I'm vaping so I'm going to call this Spiked Tea 2

VT Scotch Whiskey 3%
    TFA Black Tea 3%
    FA Kiwi 3%

Easy peasy and tasty.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The draw on my first Minifit pod is getting a bit tight. Taste is still good at 2 months and 8 days old but I think it's time to retire it and see if pod 2 can do as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Agitated. Angry. Unhappy. Pissed. Furious. Tired.

Why can't they leave us alone, Frannie? We are adults and we just want to vape in peace.

*sigh*

As you were. :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Two months on the same coil? Wow!

BTW, got my bronze mini yesterday, I think... It's sooooo tiny! I love it! Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I know. Same here and the whole situation bites.

• Agree Agree x 4