Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I haven’t had Prime in ages. Wasen’t one of my Halo favs but it didn’t taste like turkey skin. I would remember that.

I liked a lot of their "tobacco" flavors. I probably ordered more Prime 15 than any other eliquid I vaped, including Bobas Bounty. Halo also had one named after a pirate or something that was pretty good too, but it also had a mild cleaning agent twang going on like Torque 56.

When I first got into DIY I was into trying a lot of tobacco flavors. I was a little disappointed when some of the flavors I bought tasted just like some of my favorite tobaccos from Halo.

FLV Tatanka-- base for Torque 56 and possibly lower percentage in Tribeca.
FA Soho and 555 Gold INW-- Prime 15
FLV Red Burley-- is definitely in Freedom juice.

I guess I was disappointed because I figured Halo had something I couldn't get, or maybe I'm having flashbacks from finding out Santa wasn't real. :lol:

• Love
Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This may have been covered multple times but I'm new to DIY : what's the best way to store flavour concentrates? I've been adding nic and PG/VG to juice "doublers" for over 4 years so know about nic storage but I'm currently storing my flavour concentrates at room temp in a closed cupboard. This ok?
    The coolest and darkest place you have is best.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I liked a lot of their "tobacco" flavors. I probably ordered more Prime 15 than any other eliquid I vaped, including Bobas Bounty. Halo also had one named after a pirate or something that was pretty good too, but it also had a mild cleaning agent twang going on like Torque 56.

When I first got into DIY I was into trying a lot of tobacco flavors. I was a little disappointed when some of the flavors I bought tasted just like some of my favorite tobaccos from Halo.

FLV Red Burley-- is definitely in Freedom Juice.

I guess I was disappointed because I figured Halo had something I couldn't get, or maybe I'm having flashbacks from finding out Santa wasn't real. :lol:
    I can't say I liked Torque 56 but it kept me off cigs. I always kept a bottle mixed that was higher than the % that was my normal.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    nokia-3311-1.jpg

Can you tell me where I can find the web browser on mine? I entered my wifi account and password and the damn thing called some lady in China.

You have to dial 1-900 first then you will be billed by the minute.:shock:

FLV Red Burley-- is definitely in Freedom Juice.

I used to have a tribeca clone recipe and thought it was ry4double, and one or two other ingredients. I know I didn't use tatanka or any other tobacco flavor because I didn't have any when I made it.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    You have to dial 1-900 first then you will be billed by the minute.:shock:

I used to have a tribeca clone recipe and thought it was ry4double, and one or two other ingredients. I know I didn't use tatanka or any other tobacco flavor because I didn't have any when I made it.

Tatanka alone is a tough flavor to describe and I am not certain what kind of tobacco it is trying to mimic. I've seen TFA's RY4double in a lot of Tribeca clone recipes. I've had the flavor since I began DIY and I'm just starting to play with it. I do think RY4 double was used in Mr. E-liquid's popular RY4.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tatanka alone is a tough flavor to describe and I am not certain what kind of tobacco it is trying to mimic. I've seen TFA's RY4double in a lot of Tribeca clone recipes. I've had the flavor since I began DIY and I'm just starting to play with it. I do think RY4 double was used in Mr. E-liquid's popular RY4.
    I tried to like Ry4 double. I tried it in several recipes but I just couldn't get to liking it. Finally ended up piffing it to a friend. I know it's a popular flavor but not for me.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    This may have been covered multple times but I'm new to DIY : what's the best way to store flavour concentrates? I've been adding nic and PG/VG to juice "doublers" for over 4 years so know about nic storage but I'm currently storing my flavour concentrates at room temp in a closed cupboard. This ok?
    I store mine in a closed box, in a closet, in my computer room, no problems so far.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Which vendor for the graham cracker are you using? Does it impart flavor or is it mainly to add mouthfeel/density to the mix?

All the flavors were tfa. I can taste the graham cracker at 3% in that mix. It's a little high on total flavor percentage but I didn't write it. I just copied it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got vape mail and I think I'm in shock. Over 100 boxes of Aspire coils, a white Colossal, Vaporfi V-Grip mod, Aspire Nautilus AIO, Innokin EQ with extra pods, 3-4 10ml flavors from a forum friend and my BCF order.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    No vape related stuff for me this paycheck... Two clothing stores near my office are closing within the next month, so it was a work-pants and sweater-dress binge for me (20%-50% off). I lost weight, so none of my clothes fit me anymore (went from a size 14 to now an 8). Getting my car fixed & inspected tomorrow, so my money is all gone! :shock:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Pirate's Creed is what you were thinking of, @Skeebo. I still have some of that, too. It's way too pipe/cigar tobaccoey for me.

I thought Freedom Juice came the closest to a cigarette. Of the cheap, generic variety. Had that ashtray taste.

Users who are viewing this thread