Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think of V1 flavors like the old bartenders saying 'what's yer poison?' I'm not too worried about it, it's not like I'm getting out of this life alive, and flavors are not on the top of my risk list.
What’s the worst thing that could happen? We grow a third arm? Cripes, the two I got don’t work so well anymore so I could use an extra one.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think of V1 flavors like the old bartenders saying 'what's yer poison?' I'm not too worried about it, it's not like I'm getting out of this life alive, and flavors are not on the top of my risk list.
    Exactly

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Good morning. I tried some more of the hhv last night. It’s definitely a complex blend. I can see why no one has come up with a clone recipe.
    Yeah, it's a tough nut to crack. HHV has been criticized for not having better descriptions of their NET flavors. Once you've tried them you can see why. I'm vaping some 18 day old DF this morning. I can tell it needs another week or two to get to that deep, saturated flavor. Still not bad at 18 days but a month works well on DF.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Did someone see Anna go by this morning?

th

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yeah, it's a tough nut to crack. HHV has been criticized for not having better descriptions of their NET flavors. Once you've tried them you can see why. I'm vaping some 18 day old DF this morning. I can tell it needs another week or two to get to that deep, saturated flavor. Still not bad at 18 days but a month works well on DF.

So do they mix it fresh when you order? Is that why it needs a long steep? When I used to buy commercial liquid, I expected to be able to use it when received. I know obviously that you can use this one right away because I did but was wondering why they don't keep some aged on the shelf to be ready for shipping and use.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    So do they mix it fresh when you order? Is that why it needs a long steep? When I used to buy commercial liquid, I expected to be able to use it when received. I know obviously that you can use this one right away because I did but was wondering why they don't keep some aged on the shelf to be ready for shipping and use.
    They are a custom juice vendor meaning it is mixed fresh. With the array of flavors, PG/VG ratios, nic strengths, and bottle sizes there are simply too many combinations to keep a steeped inventory on hand.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    They are a custom juice vendor meaning it is mixed fresh. With the array of flavors, PG/VG ratios, nic strengths, and bottle sizes there are simply too many combinations to keep a steeped inventory on hand.

I kind of forgot about all the different ratios that you can pick. That makes sense. I think it'll be a hard one to crack also because of not knowing what tobacco they are using for extraction. The sweetness in it seems natural and not added to me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I kind of forgot about all the different ratios that you can pick. That makes sense. I think it'll be a hard one to crack also because of not knowing what tobacco they are using for extraction. The sweetness in it seems natural and not added to me.
    Agree, there is nothing candyish about it. And because the tobacco is a back note, I'm assuming it is a mild NET similar to many of the Latin American tobaccos. The tobacco may also have natural chocolate notes to it which is compatible with chocolate flavoring. One of the Stixx Mixx extracts fits this flavor. It's called Nicaraguan Viso...a mild, pleasant, tobacco NET with hints of chocolate notes. There were others as well, but Nicaraguan Viso was closest.

Again, I have no false illusions that I can clone DF. Never felt I was going to do that. I don't even believe I can even improve on it. Having sampled literally hundreds of flavors (mostly NETs), DF always stood out as my clear favorite with no other flavor really coming close. With impending Deeming regs (along with a number of other efforts to take down the vape industry), I could see that my DF could vanish leaving me high and dry. Not a good place to be. So my efforts are not to clone something that, IMO, cannot be cloned, but rather come up with a recipe that have similar components that at least make it a highly desirable vape for me. In the meanwhile, I really hope that somehow a miracle arises that allows HHV (and all juice vendors) to continue to operate legally so that my beloved DF will remain available. Heather makes some fantastic flavors and it would be a shame to see her talents wasted.

One last observation. Deeming aside, the large majority of vapers still rely on small mom n pop juice suppliers. One doesn't have to think very hard to see that there are numerous reasons why any of these vendors could suddenly cease to operate. Could be health, economic, family, retirement, local restrictions, etc. that could shut down their operation leaving us who are addicted to their flavors without a supply. This is unlike when we were hooked on cigarettes. Marlboros have been Marlboros for decades and they never changed. Same cigarette forever and no reason to believe they wouldn't always be available. So with this in mind, I need to have a backup plan. DIY makes the most sense. Can I make it viable? I'm certainly trying and if I didn't believe I could then I would not have invested my time or money into it. Again, I have no false illusion (after sampling hundreds of flavors) that I can do better than what I have. But perhaps there will be several flavors I can develop that can continue making vaping viable even without legal juice vendors.

And with that, to hell with the FDA and our government nannys!

This turned out rather long. Anna would be proud of me. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Can you imagine shelling out $300,000 for each combination to pay for the PMTA application? And with no guarantees it will be approved?

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Well, the boy had his doctor's appointment yesterday and said it was OK. I'm certain that he didn't open up as he should have, because he told me my husband was in the room with him. :grr: He says his next appointment will be one on one, so hopefully he can get whatever is troubling him off his chest then. Doctor wants to rule out drug use, so I need to also take him for a urine test.

My husband was snippy with me last night, while he was telling me about the urine test, questionnaire, and upcoming appointments. I asked my son if his father was cranky about having to take him to the appointment and he said that his father told him that he shouldn't have to go to this doctor at all. My husband may not care about his own mental state, but he sure as Hell better care about his child's! :mad:

My car is home, inspected, and running well, despite it's advanced age (long live the '97 Chevy Lumina)! :thumbs: What a relief it is to be able to pick up and go, whenever I need to. Getting up at 6am on the weekends, just to drive my husband to work for 6:20am so that I can have the car for the day, was getting really annoying. He works literally less than a mile from home, but refuses to take any other mode of transportation to get there. :glare:

I had a vape-related response before I started typing, but now I've forgotten what the heck it was. :?: It'll come back to me... I hope. :blush:

EDIT: Now, I remember! As for the V1 vs V2 flavorings... I've read that the bad stuff is also in analogs, but in far higher concentrations than in flavorings.... So, vape on, friends! :vapor:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread