Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought a Canadian company bought out/was going to carry the line?

edit... @Terri McVeety beat me to it lol. My understanding is they’ll be adding to the flavors offered in time, as they’re producing it themselves.
    American Co I think but still...........

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I’m trying to get motivated to do something more fun than housework. We have a cocktail reception tonight which requires three of my very least favorite things.... lots of people (who Himself will know, but I don’t mostly), a cocktail dress (the worst clothing option ever... I own exactly one dress, which I bought for my daughters wedding. So, easy/only choice), and pantyhose (super worst). Maybe mixing will distract me. Right now, I’m just working myself into a panic attack thinking about going tonight.
    I sympathize. Good to be a man sometimes. :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Here is what I read reported about RF on FB.... this from several weeks back..
    E720D3A1-7F20-42E4-BB26-A337B9BF7A56.jpeg
    and, this reply in the thread

“DIY ejuice Canada bought the rights aswell.... Quote: DIY Flavours has purchased the rights to Real Flavors. These are the same flavors but will now be sold under the name of Real Flavours Canada.”

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I sympathize. Good to be a man sometimes. :)
    Amen... I spent a week halfheartedly trying to convince Himself (and me) that these sneakers would be “dressy enough” if I wore them with a black business pantsuit. They have a satin bow lol.... that’s dressy in my world! :lol::lol::lol:
    40295169-C56F-423D-A806-411A221FA22F.jpeg
    Unfortunately, I know every other female will be in full on formal or cocktail dresses :(.
    I’d give anything to just be able to throw on a suit! Dang, I’d even give into wearing a tie

• Agree
    Reactions: FranC

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Amen... I spent a week halfheartedly trying to convince Himself (and me) that these sneakers would be “dressy enough” if I wore them with a black business pantsuit. They have a satin bow lol.... that’s dressy in my world! :lol::lol::lol:
    View attachment 853523
    Unfortunately, I know every other female will be in full on formal or cocktail dresses :(.
    I’d give anything to just be able to throw on a suit! Dang, I’d even give into wearing a tie
    Shorts, sandals, t-shirt in the summer. Jeans, flannel shirt, mocs in the winter. Don't like it, don't look at me. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got FA custard prem.... I’ve pulled a big handful of possible recipes. But.... does anyone have a recipe using it that you think is a real winner? This is one flavor I’d hate to even waste on a bad 10ml tester recipe
    I haven't got that far with it.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: NolaMel

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm so glad that I mixed in the kitchen today. Working with (measuring) VG is not my idea of fun. I premix all my base and I don't measure anything but the nic. If the pg/vg aren't exact I don't give a hoot. They are close enough. Makes mixing so much easier.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That's my attitude too.:thumbs:
    We're rebels. :)

I'm so glad that I mixed in the kitchen today. Working with (measuring) VG is not my idea of fun. I premix all my base and I don't measure anything but the nic. If the pg/vg aren't exact I don't give a hoot. They are close enough. Makes mixing so much easier.
    Practically need an Olympic weightlifter to squeeze out that VG.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got a beef stew into the crock pot awhile back and figured I'd take the rest of my day to be lazy. (Til everyone gets home). Instead of lazy I worked on my Strawberry Biscotto recipe. I didn't find anything I wanted to change but I made one addition. I think I have a couple of cheesecakes to mix also. I really need to make a list cause I know I'm forgetting something. .....oh yes, I want to mix my version of Rhubarb Custard.I'd like to have 4-5 for a mixing session. Gotta make moving things out of my way worth while...LOL

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We're rebels. :)

Practically need an Olympic weightlifter to squeeze out that VG.
    Been a rebel all my life and like it that way. The last dress I wore was at my daughters' 3rd wedding and I promptly threw it out afterward.

As far as that VG, I use as little as possible

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    So I'm in the midst of flavor testing two more chocolates today. I already relegated one of them to the bone box. INW's Chocolate. This one tastes like soap too. What makes these people think soap tastes like chocolate? I'm disappointed. I had high hopes for INW. Still working on Double Chocolate Clear. I don't like making judgement until I've given a flavor several mls at least unless it is total crap. I'm not going to pollute my taste buds for the rest of the day just to be "fair" with something I know has no chance.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I got a beef stew into the crock pot awhile back and figured I'd take the rest of my day to be lazy. (Til everyone gets home). Instead of lazy I worked on my Strawberry Biscotto recipe. I didn't find anything I wanted to change but I made one addition. I think I have a couple of cheesecakes to mix also. I really need to make a list cause I know I'm forgetting something. .....oh yes, I want to mix my version of Rhubarb Custard.I'd like to have 4-5 for a mixing session. Gotta make moving things out of my way worth while...LOL
    How much do you usually mix of each flavor?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I'm in the midst of flavor testing two more chocolates today. I already relegated one of them to the bone box. INW's Chocolate. This one tastes like soap too. What makes these people think soap tastes like chocolate? I'm disappointed. I had high hopes for INW. Still working on Double Chocolate Clear. I don't like making judgement until I've given a flavor several mls at least unless it is total crap. I'm not going to pollute my taste buds for the rest of the day just to be "fair" with something I know has no chance.
    Yeah, some things deserve dumping.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Darn it, I got a free ounce of INW Chocolate a while back. Guess I'll have to hope my taste buds are different from yours.

Users who are viewing this thread