Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Daughter was complaining because they’ve always been $8 each at this sale , $9.50 on BF, and the bigger coupon they used to have expired yesterday. All I took from this is, I’m probably getting a candle for Christmas, which I should extra appreciate because it wasn’t as cheap as prior years. Every year the 3 girls put all their candles all in one basket to get the bigger discount. Then lunch to divvy them up and calculate who owes what. Boggles my mind that candle shopping is a half day ordeal lol!
    I may still mix later ... I lit the fire and put my laundry in, and enjoyed my tea from the recliner. Night is early though!
    Better take your laundry out of the fire:lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Daughter was complaining because they’ve always been $8 each at this sale , $9.50 on BF, and the bigger coupon they used to have expired yesterday. All I took from this is, I’m probably getting a candle for Christmas, which I should extra appreciate because it wasn’t as cheap as prior years. Every year the 3 girls put all their candles all in one basket to get the bigger discount. Then lunch to divvy them up and calculate who owes what. Boggles my mind that candle shopping is a half day ordeal lol!
    I may still mix later ... I lit the fire and put my laundry in, and enjoyed my tea from the recliner. Night is early though!

Too bad they don’t have liters of nic at that store.

• Agree
    Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was looking at the gremlin stixx mixx sale. Just have no clue what to buy. I need to take some time and look at descriptions on the stixx mixx site as gremlin has nothing.

I just read through the descriptions and picked four that sounded good. They threw in a free bottle.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ok you random folks. What are ya’ll up too this evening?

I am in the planning stages of an Atty stand, a mod repair tutorial, and a plan to build more shelving in my living space.
    I found a nice preformed hardwiod laminate plaque at Lowes yesterday. Bought that + sandpaper to 2000 grit, and a brush for the Danish oil. It should make a nice stand once completed. My next vape project after that will be a drip tip stand.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am in the planning stages of an Atty stand, a mod repair tutorial, and a plan to build more shelving in my living space.
    I found a nice preformed hardwiod laminate plaque at Lowes yesterday. Bought that + sandpaper to 2000 grit, and a brush for the Danish oil. It should make a nice stand oncec ompleted. My next vape project after that will be a drip tip stand.
    Sounds like it will be nice once done:)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    @NolaMel Hey Mel,Have you tried my Another Strawberry Cheesecake?.In @Zazie ‘s blog it’s listed as rose’s recipe but It’s mine. It’s another yummy one. (Just in case you have’t tried it yet). Just filled a tank with it awhile ago and thought of you.
    Thanks for pointing out this oversight. I always list the name of the person who posted the recipe and try also to note the creator if it wasn't the poster. Missed this one.

I'm happy to report that I like my weird grapefruit/mint/absinthe mix. It needs more absinthe and mint, though.

Blanched and froze five pounds of brussels sprouts today, using my new vacuum sealer for the first time. It was frustrating at first, because it kept tripping the GFI in the kitchen. All went well when I moved into the living room, thank heaven. Tomorrow it's either turnip and rutabaga or carrots. With the kale, arugula, and mustard greens I've already put up and the big bags of peas and corn I bought, my freezer will soon be stocked with enough vegetables to see me through the winter. It's going to be scary in a couple of weeks when I get the stuff I use in my smoothie, though: my freezer is already groaning.

How's that for DIY talk?

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    OK, wifey likes red raspberry and I need a good red raspberry mix (medium/light sweetness). A clean one (not complex) so when you vape it the first thing that comes to your mind is red raspberry without a lot of distractions. I guess that means a very light base just to get a touch of volume (if you know what I mean). A cream perhaps? She does like Greek yogurt. And any grapefruit recipes out there?

Who makes the best red raspberry concentrate? There's 9 billion to choose from. :shock:

Thank you!

I like a mixture of TFA Raspberry Sweet and either FA Raspberry (Berryl) or VTA Shisha Raspberry at twice the TFA to the FA. Here are two recipes that are good. I know that the fro-yo recipe has a lot of ingredients.

Raspberry Sherbet (adapted from a Liam Davey recipe)
    Cream (Flavorah) 1% (whatever cream you have is probably fine)
    Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) (FA) 1%
    Pink Champagne (FW) 2%
    Raspberry (Berryl) (FA) 1.5%
    Raspberry, Sweet (TPA) 3%
    Sweetener - your favorite - .5 to 1%
    7 day steep

Raspberry Frozen Yogurt (adapted from a recipe posted on DIYORDIY by Brian Riley Jones)
    Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA) 1%
    Whipped Cream (TFA) 1% (FA Whipped Cream is better but has to be ordered from Chefs in Wales)
    Greek Yogurt (Flavorah) 2.5%
    Oba Oba (FA) 1.5% (optional but it does add a lot)
    Raspberry, Sweet (TPA) 3%
    Shisha Raspberry (VTA) 2%
    Sweetener of choice 1%
    Sweet Cream (Flavorah) 1% (or VTA Sweet Cream which I prefer)
    Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%
    WS-23 30% .5%
    7 Day Steep

I have grapefruit recipes too. I think my favorite is posted in this thread somewhere. I will look for that post.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for pointing out this oversight. I always list the name of the person who posted the recipe and try also to note the creator if it wasn't the poster. Missed this one.

I'm happy to report that I like my weird grapefruit/mint/absinthe mix. It needs more absinthe and mint, though.

Blanched and froze five pounds of brussels sprouts today, using my new vacuum sealer for the first time. It was frustrating at first, because it kept tripping the GFI in the kitchen. All went well when I moved into the living room, thank heaven. Tomorrow it's either turnip and rutabaga or carrots. With the kale, arugula, and mustard greens I've already put up and the big bags of peas and corn I bought, my freezer will soon be stocked with enough vegetables to see me through the winter. It's going to be scary in a couple of weeks when I get the stuff I use in my smoothie, though: my freezer is already groaning.

How's that for DIY talk?
    Sounds tasty .Just like DIY:)

Users who are viewing this thread