Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I never was too big on the Pro tanks but the Kanger Subtanks really got my attention. So easy to build and very forgiving too. Good thing since I was so terrible when first building.....probably still am but it seems to work ok for me. lol

:)
    I actually didn’t like the Protanks at all.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    But I did. I would put the coil in and twist it until it seated. Did not seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

Do you have another pod you could try? If you’re on fb I’m sure someone on the Innokin thread could help. Outside of that first time my zbiip has never leaked.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I would say some but not necessarily lots. They were a decent atty in their time to be sure.
    Still good enough for me. A Spinner with a small tank is a decent vape also.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Do you have another pod you could try? If you’re on fb I’m sure someone on the Innokin thread could help. Outside of that first time my zbiip has never leaked.
    I thought of that. Leaked on both the original and the 4ml. Too bad cause I was really enjoying the vape.

have not been on FB for years....no desire to return either.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    I had that problem with the zbiip just once. I didn’t have the coil locked in properly.

Same here. I had one coil that just wouldn't seat properly in it for some reason. I switched that one out to the Zenith, no leaks there, and put a new one in the z-biip.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I mixed up two new peppermint recipes today and I tried the three I mixed on Saturday. All three are good but I think I overdid the menthol. I plan to remix them without menthol, then add some in if needed. The two I mixed today have no menthol or WS-23. They both might need some of one or the other but I figured I would try them first and then decide. If any of these are earth-shattering, I will certainly share here. I might replace the marshmallow in one of them with Oba Oba just to see what happens. :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought of that. Leaked on both the original and the 4ml. Too bad cause I was really enjoying the vape.

have not been on FB for years....no desire to return either.
    I have 3 zbiip with original tanks, 2 Zeniths, 1 small Zlide and 2 4ml Zlides . None leak. There is a thread here on ECF. Maybe you can get some help there.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Things that were great about when the protanks came out, we could change out the coils without rebuilding, the glass tanks for tank cracker liquids that kept killing the CE4's if I remember right, and the ego threading. Those old 510's stripped out and snapped too easily. The general 510 manufacturing quality today is much better than it used to be. Were protanks the father's/mother's of modern subohm tanks? IDK, maybe, my memory has a few holes lol!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I have 3 zbiip with original tanks, 2 Zeniths, 1 small Zlide and 2 4ml Zlides . None leak. There is a thread here on ECF. Maybe you can get some help there.
    Thanks Fran, but I have put it in storage. I have kinda moved on but one day will re-visit it. Thanks for the suggestions.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    I mixed up two new peppermint recipes today and I tried the three I mixed on Saturday. All three are good but I think I overdid the menthol. I plan to remix them without menthol, then add some in if needed. The two I mixed today have no menthol or WS-23. They both might need some of one or the other but I figured I would try them first and then decide. If any of these are earth-shattering, I will certainly share here. I might replace the marshmallow in one of them with Oba Oba just to see what happens. :D
    Please do share if you find a winner. I like peppermit and always have a tank full of peppermint (5%) and koolada (2%) going. It makes a very nice change of pace to the french vanilla creme and the fruit mixes I always have going.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Please do share if you find a winner. I like peppermit and always have a tank full of peppermint (5%) and koolada (2%) going. It makes a very nice change of pace to the french vanilla creme and the fruit mixes I always have going.
    Me too but just plain peppermint in a carto tank. It cuts the sweetness down for me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You folks are taking me down memory lane with all the talk of old gear. I know I have some 510 cartos somewhere, some lr302 atties, subtanks, protanks, and even a couple 510 atties. I have 8-10 original crown tanks and rbas. One of my favorite flavor tanks was the Merlin. I bought five of them and every one seeped liquid out the bottom. Every once in a while I get one out to use.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You folks are taking me down memory lane with all the talk of old gear. I know I have some 510 cartos somewhere, some lr302 atties, subtanks, protanks, and even a couple 510 atties. I have 8-10 original crown tanks and rbas. One of my favorite flavor tanks was the Merlin. I bought five of them and every one seeped liquid out the bottom. Every once in a while I get one out to use.
    Ya got some good old gear there,hitt:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Two questions please...
    Which creme de menthe do you like?
    And... does oba oba mute flavors? You use it in place of marshmallow????

Users who are viewing this thread