The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    To me, Vanilla Swirl is a creamy Vaniila kinda like a VBIC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yep. It makes itself a player at 1%.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I still have Vanilla Bean ice cream to test. Tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    TFA? I'll be interested in what you think of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I know there's a love/hate for TFA RY4 Double around here, so this might be controversial. I made an old favorite and have been vaping it the past two days. This is not my recipe, but it's a good one, wish I knew who to give credit to for this.
    Screenshot_20191213-165300_Ejuice Calculator.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried a few recipes with it quite some time back but I just couldn't bring myself to like the stuff. Guess I'm in the hate it group.However Hangsen Ry3 was one of my favorites.(no double)

• Like Like x 2
  7. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I like it as a base just to help blend things but I couldnt vape it stand alone. To me, I treat it more as a caramel than a tobacco. JF RY4 is pretty good and a little more tobacco. Like all RY4's they need tobacco

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That looks similar to one that was on the thread with Bill’s magic vapor but the percentage was higher.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Blitzdonlife

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's an older recipe, I picked it up somewhere, maybe ecf, maybe out in the vaping wilds, not sure. My memory is not the best, and my notes either.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’m really liking the pecan shortbread recipe. I haven’t used many nut flavors in the past. I’ve been meaning to do a sft of the peanut flavor I bought a while back

• Like Like x 4
  11. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Gremlin is about 13 miles from where I live now, but they don't allow customer pickups. I am a little confused by the message in the sale ad since flavors alone are not banned in Washington. We are in the middle of a 120-day ban on flavored e-liquids and that ban is likely to become permanent. I don't understand why Gremlin doesn't just market flavors as food additives and sell them along with their bulk candy. Surely, if they plan to stay in business, they aren't dropping these brands. I am confused.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is a little strange

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Koolkiz

Koolkiz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I thought it was odd as well. They are still selling Flavorah which is touted for vaping in its description. I have a feeling (my view) that most of the smaller shops are going to vanish soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think so too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I can't imagine that any of the flavor only companies need to suffer since DIY will be bigger than ever with the bans. Gremlin already sells bulk candy. Others, like BCF, are adding homebrew beer supplies. All of them have dropped nicotine and anything vape related. Gremlin's stock is odd - they seem to stock a lot of variety in flavors from the different vendors but are missing some of the most popular ones. BTW, FLV is also on sale but not advertised. Maybe they are just weeding out the chaff. I hope so.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Is it just me or does TFA RY4 double taste like butterscotch? I'm looking for a DIY flavor to replace my pre-made (Vape Wild RY4ever) I use it in a tobacco mix with PUR sweet tobacco and others. Thinking Hangsens but interested in other recommendations.

• Like Like x 5
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I can’t answer that cause I just plain don’t like it but I know other folks get a caramel taste out of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blitzdonlife

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    No, I don't get butterscotch from it at the percentages I use it at (3-8%). Haven't used PUR sweet tobacco (I know, what a heathen lol), but I keep hearing about it and am getting very curious to try it. Hangsen RY1 is a nice dry asian tobacco flavor that blends well with FA caramel and creams (only creams I've tried it with are TFA bavarian cream and vanilla swirl), but I don't have much experience using it to create my own RY4. Please describe PUR sweet tobacco for me, I'm interested on your take on what it tastes/smells like on its own.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Koolkiz

Koolkiz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    They added more flavors to the "Now Until Gone" sale.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Blitz, I have some Hangsens RY1 steeping... will update on that in a few days. I absolutely love PUR sweet tobacco! Very mild (I mix it strong... like 10%) It is a mild, almost pipe tobacco with a "nutty" flavor... I even use it with non tobacco recipes. Just try it... you won't regret it ;) It's not a solo flavor but works great with other tobaccos. You guys keep reminding me I need a nice cream... all I have is pre-made Vapetasia Killer Kustard and I burned out on that a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1