Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought it was odd as well. They are still selling Flavorah which is touted for vaping in its description. I have a feeling (my view) that most of the smaller shops are going to vanish soon.
    I think so too.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I thought it was odd as well. They are still selling Flavorah which is touted for vaping in its description. I have a feeling (my view) that most of the smaller shops are going to vanish soon.

I can't imagine that any of the flavor only companies need to suffer since DIY will be bigger than ever with the bans. Gremlin already sells bulk candy. Others, like BCF, are adding homebrew beer supplies. All of them have dropped nicotine and anything vape related. Gremlin's stock is odd - they seem to stock a lot of variety in flavors from the different vendors but are missing some of the most popular ones. BTW, FLV is also on sale but not advertised. Maybe they are just weeding out the chaff. I hope so.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Is it just me or does TFA RY4 double taste like butterscotch? I'm looking for a DIY flavor to replace my pre-made (Vape Wild RY4ever) I use it in a tobacco mix with PUR sweet tobacco and others. Thinking Hangsens but interested in other recommendations.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Is it just me or does TFA RY4 double taste like butterscotch? I'm looking for a DIY flavor to replace my pre-made (Vape Wild RY4ever) I use it in a tobacco mix with PUR sweet tobacco and others. Thinking Hangsens but interested in other recommendations.
    I can’t answer that cause I just plain don’t like it but I know other folks get a caramel taste out of it.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    No, I don't get butterscotch from it at the percentages I use it at (3-8%). Haven't used PUR sweet tobacco (I know, what a heathen lol), but I keep hearing about it and am getting very curious to try it. Hangsen RY1 is a nice dry asian tobacco flavor that blends well with FA caramel and creams (only creams I've tried it with are TFA bavarian cream and vanilla swirl), but I don't have much experience using it to create my own RY4. Please describe PUR sweet tobacco for me, I'm interested on your take on what it tastes/smells like on its own.

Reactions: NolaMel

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    They added more flavors to the "Now Until Gone" sale.
    sale-banner-for-home-page__97507.png

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Blitz, I have some Hangsens RY1 steeping... will update on that in a few days. I absolutely love PUR sweet tobacco! Very mild (I mix it strong... like 10%) It is a mild, almost pipe tobacco with a "nutty" flavor... I even use it with non tobacco recipes. Just try it... you won't regret it ;) It's not a solo flavor but works great with other tobaccos. You guys keep reminding me I need a nice cream... all I have is pre-made Vapetasia Killer Kustard and I burned out on that a long time ago.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    It’s one of 6 mods and pods and gets used everyday. The juice is DIY but not unflavored and not clear.

My tiny pod is two months old today. I really thought the first one was just a fluke but I guess not.
    that's impressive. Do you use salts or freebase?

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Nicaraguan Viso is not a standalone NET IMO. It's pretty much a tobacco-only extract and it lacks flavor. Pop's NETS are more standalone as most of his have flavorings in them. Stixx Mixx has many of these tobacco-only offerings and are ideal for adding your own flavoring. That said, he has others that appear to be more standalone. I can't vouch because I've never tried them.
    Who are Brett and Pop?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    What are the must have FLV flavorings, I mean what do they do the best? I'm looking at the different ones, but I've never used flavorah before. I'm pretty flexible on different categories of flavors, though I prefer fruits and desserts.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    What are the must have FLV flavorings, I mean what do they do the best? I'm looking at the different ones, but I've never used flavorah before. I'm pretty flexible on different categories of flavors, though I prefer fruits and desserts.
    I have about 75 flavorah flavors. 99% of what I have are good to me. One of my favorites is Jammy Berry. Marshmallow vanilla is another must have. I can probably say that with most of the flavors. I love the turkish tobacco and the other tobacco offerings are really good at a low%. .4-.7 tops. I have tried the rest and have settled for Flavorah. . I love all of the creams. You can get some reviews by typing in Flavorah fan. The lady knows her flavors. She has a ton of recipes on ELR under the name smokyblue.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have about 75 flavorah flavors. 99% of what I have are good to me. One of my favorites is Jammy Berry. Marshmallow vanilla is another must have. I can probably say that with most of the flavors. I love the turkish tobacco and the other tobacco offerings are really good at a low%. .4-.7 tops. I have tried the rest and have settled for Flavorah. . I love all of the creams. You can get some reviews by typing in Flavorah fan. The lady knows her flavors. She has a ton of recipes on ELR under the name smokyblue.
    Thank you

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I would stock up on a few flavors I use all the time but am having trouble getting to free shipping and their shipping is a lot - esp. since I live 13 miles away. o_O

I am probably not the best person to answer this question since I haven't used a lot of Flavorah flavors. IMO, their Cranberry tastes like dirt and there are better creams out there than FLV creams. I do think their Lemonade is very good, their Pink Guava is a must-have if you like grapefruit, their Sweet Coconut is one of the best I have tried, and their Vanilla Pudding is quite useful.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I would stock up on a few flavors I use all the time but am having trouble getting to free shipping and their shipping is a lot - esp. since I live 13 miles away. o_O

I am probably not the best person to answer this question since I haven't used a lot of Flavorah flavors. IMO, their Cranberry tastes like dirt and there are better creams out there than FLV creams. I do think their Lemonade is very good, their Pink Guava is a must-have if you like grapefruit, their Sweet Coconut is one of the best I have tried, and their Vanilla Pudding is quite useful.
    I have not tried any grapefruits yet, I'm a big peach/nectarine fan though. I'm happy with my coconut, TFA Coconut extra is so satisfying, plus it's very concentrated, so it lasts a long time, stocked on that. I am considering their lime, not sure how it stacks up to TFA key lime.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Blitz, I have some Hangsens RY1 steeping... will update on that in a few days. I absolutely love PUR sweet tobacco! Very mild (I mix it strong... like 10%) It is a mild, almost pipe tobacco with a "nutty" flavor... I even use it with non tobacco recipes. Just try it... you won't regret it ;) It's not a solo flavor but works great with other tobaccos. You guys keep reminding me I need a nice cream... all I have is pre-made Vapetasia Killer Kustard and I burned out on that a long time ago.
    There are lots of good creams but I find myself reaching for FA fresh cream most of all.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I like the cranberry, milk and honey,Brie, bourbon, black currant, Boysenberry, pink guava, raisin rum etc

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I like the cranberry, milk and honey,Brie, bourbon, black currant, Boysenberry, pink guava, raisin rum etc

I think that FLV Cranberry must be like cilantro for some people. Scientists have proven that there is something genetic that makes cilantro taste soapy to some people and I am one of those people. FLV Cranberry is popular with a lot of people but others, like me, pick up a dirt flavor. I guess all someone can do is try it. If it tastes like dirt, buy some Cranberry (SC). It is a good cranberry flavor and is so concentrated that 3% replaces 7% of TFA Cranberry.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    Woke up at 2 a.m. and filled a cart at Gremlin. I totally wasn't planning on it, but oh well. Lots of new flavors to play with coming my way!

Thanks to this thread, I am trying Rhubarb (FLV), Glamour Chocolate (MB), Raisin Rum (FLV), and Vanilla Bourbon (FA). Also some old favorites, and a big bottle of Quince (TPA).

Users who are viewing this thread