The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got my Gremlin stuff a couple of sales back. Quite a few flavors but the teas were the only new ones. The teas are just not as good as I thought they would be. Not sure why I even thought they'd be good cause I was wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Me either. But we only have two days and then another weekend! But there is a part of me that's glad to be back to work. I think it's just such a huge part of me that it kinda feels good to be back in my routine.

I knew my cat was going to have issues with me leaving this morning and she did. She kept crying and meowing and pacing and she tried to follow me down into the basement. Poor thing. So spoiled with me home that long. I told my son to spend some time with her today.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  3. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Holidays are finally over and I have a quiet and empty house till later.
    I have a job I need to do but I've been putting it of so far. My plastic drawer cabinets stuffed in my closet are just packed with stuff. Not to mention the mountain of stuff piled on top of it all. I need more room and that's not happening so I need to start unloading drawers in an effort to make better use of the space I have. I don't think this is happening today either.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I bought the two teas also. I haven't tried them yet. I might just let them steep for a couple weeks and see how they are. I've never tried a tea vape so don't really know what to expect.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hope you have better luck than me. I'll play with adding more fruit to them sometime. Done with them for now

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'm vaping some of my berry stuff. I have a Honduran Raspberry and a Honduran Berry Mix. They're nothing more than a take on my Honduran Melon. With these two berry recipes, I'm going with 8% Honduran Ligero (Stixx) plus 4% Berry flavoring plus 0.2% sweetener. The first uses 2% Raspberry (FA) plus 2% Raspberry (FW). The second recipe uses 4% Berry Mix (TPA). Still a bit early in my testing but my initial take is this Honduran Ligero continues to work very well with fruit flavors. The Ligero does not interfere with the fruit flavor at all. I can see where these Honduran Ligero mixes work well if you need a break from the heaviness of a bakery base but still want the tempered flavor of the fruit. This is turning out to be less of an exercise on finding a recipe as it is in finding an alternative flavor base. In this case, a NET. Your choice of fruit is up to you.

As for these two fruit flavors, the berries pop out to be sure. I can't say I'm a big berry fan (the fruit itself) but they are vaping pretty good. The Raspberry is probably a bit more on the candied side than I like but I can certainly play around with the flavors to dial it in. I really need to do some SFTs. But I like this one and look forward to tweaking it. The 4% level is also pretty close to correct for me as well. Could maybe be a touch lighter. The Berry Mix recipe I'm not as fond of because that particular berry flavor just doesn't click as well for me. Still, not bad though. I think the Berry Mix (TFA) has raspberry, blueberry, and strawberry in it. The blueberry definitely darkens it down.

So if you have Honduran Ligero (Stixx) it may be worth your time to mix some of your favorite fruits with it. Y'all have a leg up on me because most of you have worked with berries and other fruit flavors and you already know what you like. I'm not nearly that far along. But this is certainly a nice base to work from. I can see a lemon/lime combination working well with this one too.

I'll post these recipes when I'm done tweaking them.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes,please do. I will have to get it on a next mix list.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Have you ever dry burned a coil....

.... ....

... for so long ....

.... ....

that you began to wonder if it was going sub-atomic ?

(and the really bad part, it wasn't even a NET. It was my DIY Chocolate Cookie after maybe 30ml )

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I definitely like to add other things to fruits. I've tried vanilla custard (not too much!) cake and recently Pur Cookie (like a shortbread cookie... not too sweet) Have also tried tobaccos. One other thought... Butter Mint goes great with fruits (I've tried berry mix, lemon and honeydew melon)

• Like Like x 7
  10. PapawBrett

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    just my two cents - mix Double Chocolate Clear (TFA) 2 to 1 with Milk Chocolate (TFA).

• Like Like x 5
  11. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I assume you mean "drop-in" coils (that's why I'm loving RTAs... just need a quick re-wick)
    I did use my mod for semi-high wattage RTA, switched to my little MTL (normally run 14 watts) and forget to lower the setting...
    wondered why the coil was frying (yuck!)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. PapawBrett

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Nope. 28g Kanthal, seven wraps on a 2mm drill bit. 1.4 Ohms in a RM2.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'll match your 2 cents. The DCC can tend to be a bit too tootsie roll on the exhale. The milk chocolate tempers that a little. The 2:1 ratio is about right.

• Like Like x 4
  14. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What's an RM2?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    An atty for squonking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Any suggestions for the least candy-like, straight-up raspberry out there.

• Like Like x 3
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    IMO Pur Raspberry

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  18. PapawBrett

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I always thought DCC tasted a little too much like chocolate cake. The MC balances it out for me.

A ReoMizer 2. It was a reconditioned dripper Rob O'Niel made for his customers to use on their REOS.

• Like Like x 4
  19. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I haven't tried raspberry (still searching for a good blackberry/boysenberry) but read a review and they said good things about Loranns.

• Like Like x 3
  20. PapawBrett

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I think I am going to try something. VBG (TFA) 7%, Banana Ripe (TFA) 2%, Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 1% and Jamaican Rum (TFA) 1%. A feeble attempt at something called Banana Fosters. Never had the dessert or the vape, so it should be interesting....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 2