The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Using Honduran Ligero with the peach, grapefruit, blueberry, and tangerine. Using Dark Fire with the apricot.

The Ruby Red Grapefruit (FW) has a very strong grapefruit smell. Not too puckery either. I mixed it half with FA's Grapefruit. Kinda looking forward to that one because I'm thinking grapefruit doesn't translate into a good vape and maybe I'm wrong after whiffing the FW. I have a FW raspberry that is strong too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK. Interested in what you think of the Dark Fire and also the grapefruit mix.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Isn't winter wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    The Honduran Ligero and Dark Fire are a good contrast. The flavors I'm blending with the Ligero take center stage while the flavors I'm blending with the Dark Fire are in the background so the tobacco takes center stage.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I found my Samoa cookie recipe, I use drops but you can figure percents too.
    It is heavy on Cookie, then 1/4 amounts of the other flavors to how much Cookie you use.
    1 part Cookie
    1/4 part Caramel
    1/4 part Cocoa or Chocolate
    1/4 part Coconut
    1 drop sweetener if desired

I use FlavourArt but you can try any brand of flavors. I like my homemade version better than Real Flavors and I use FlavourArt Cocoa for the chocolate:)

• Like Like x 10
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks, I'm going to try it on my next mix.

• Like Like x 3
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you for posting:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    One more question. Do you like the taste of the Dark Fire?

• Like Like x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK , my NET tank was empty again so I went against my steeping rules and am trying my Honduran Rhuberry at an 8 day steep. I like it so far. It has 2 flavors with the NET at 1.5% each. If I continue to like it when it reaches a proper steep in another 6 days then I will post the recipe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Very much. I always liked fire cured tobacco vapes. It's a deep, rich, smoky, robust flavor. But I have to say it isn't for everyone. I don't care for it as an EDV myself. It's too much. Alone, I would enjoy it after a big meal for an hour or so...on occasions. And I would enjoy the crap out of it. But I believe I can tweak it to be more durable and is why I am experimenting with it by adding small amounts of banana or apricot to take the edge off of it. Success in this area remains to be seen but I've had fired cured vapes with a touch of banana in it and it worked out great. Sadly, that flavor was discontinued from the vendor (along with a bunch others) and I lost a major flavor in my rotation.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Good news! Is it two different rhuberries?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Hi everybody.! I haven't been here for a long time. I've been seriously slacking on mixing. Picked up some new supplies now and going to start doing it again. I had a rough couple months and now trying to get back on track. I tried some white chocolate in the PST and it came out really good but that's about it. It will take a bit to get back into the groove.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK, I do like this recipe and I don't see that changing for the worse with more steeping so I'll post it. There are actually 3 flavors with the NET.

Honduran Rhuberry
    Stixx Honduran Ligero 8%
    INW Shisha Strawberry 1%
    TFA Ripe Strawberry 1%
    INW Rhubarb 1%

Enjoy.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hey , Skunk,:) you've been missed. Happy to see you back and sorry for the rough times:( We're here to help and there's a bunch of recipes in Zazies blog. All the recipes in this thread in one place.

• Like Like x 6
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If your so sure that's good I'm going to put 30ml on my wishlist.

• Like Like x 2
  16. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If you don't find what you need, send me a pm. I can send you some. I hardly ever use syringes any more.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I will definitely come back to this one. I'm not sold on my 8 day Honduran Strawberry yet. I'm using TFA Ripe Strawberry and Juicy Strawberry (FA). Jury is still out though so I don't want to condemn mine to the dust bin just yet. If it doesn't age out as I hope then I will be tweaking it. Either go with Havana Primed in place of the Ligero or add the rhubarb (that I don't have).

Question: What does the Shisha Strawberry taste like relative to the Ripe Strawberry?
    I haven't vaped the blend yet, Fran. And I hate to speak for your taste buds. Perhaps a smaller bottle to start? :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'm taking a new route with my chocolate NET ADV project. I'm abandoning the Double Chocolate Clear as a major ingredient (might use it as a minor flavor shaper) and replacing it with another chocolate as the main attraction. I made two chocolate NETs using Havana Primed as the base and am trying Chocolate Chunks in one and Glamour Chocolate in the other. Early results are telling me I like the Chocolate Chunks more than the Glamour. But it's possible some combination of these two might make it better. More experimenting...

• Like Like x 5
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I can’t compare the 2 Strawberry other than to say they’re great together. I don’t sft too many fruits

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Thanks:) I have got a lot of work to do but one step at a time. That is super convenient! That must have takrn a long time to put together. Thanks @Zazie

• Like Like x 4