Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was digging through some of my boxes that I put bigger bottles in that don't fit in my cases and found a bunch of EM in different size bottles. There's a full 4oz and a couple of 30ml and 2oz bottles. I don't know what I was thinking back then. I use very little EM in my menthol tobacco and have been using super sweet in other mixes.
    I have a 30 ml bottle of em that I bought when I first started DIY. It is still full.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    @Bronze This is one of my tobacco blends. First mixed the Perique at 6% and I'm dropping that to 5%

Magic Mousse V3
    Stixx Perique 5% ( You can sub your favorite baccy)
    TFA Vanilla Bourbon 1%
    VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
    Have you vaped it yet?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Have you vaped it yet?
    Yes, I am vaping the last 1/2 a tankful I have left with the Perique at 6%. I like it but I think it will be better with the drop in perique. It's too upfront at 6%.

This is not a new recipe for me. I used to mix it with Hangsen Ry 3.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    The next 5 to go in my rotation:
    Soho-2%-fa- brown sugar .2%-tfa
    Yellow cake Bavarian-Bavarian cream-fw 4%-Yellow cake jf-4%
    Honeywood tobacco-fw-1%,double chocolate clear-tfa 3%,cocoa-jf .2%
    Hawaiin Highway-one shot-16%
    Coconut custard-biscuit-jf-.5%,vanilla custard-cap-3%,coconut-jf-1.5%
    They have steeped for 3 weeks.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yes, I am vaping the last 1/2 a tankful I have left with the Perique at 6%. I like it but I think it will be better with the drop in perique. It's too upfront at 6%.

This is not a new recipe for me. I used to mix it with Hangsen Ry 3.
    I've had head-exploding perique before and it needed to steep several months before it would calm down. Then it was very good. I don't know about Ty's perique. Sounds like it's pretty strong.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've had head-exploding perique before and it needed to steep several months before it would calm down. Then it was very good. I don't know about Ty's perique. Sounds like it's pretty strong.
    I wouldn't say super strong at 6% but I just want it a bit more in the background. The mix I'm vaping the last of is over a month old. I had no interest on doing an sft of the Perique.

I have already stated that I don't care for the A+ but I have another mix with it that is over a month old and I'll be trying that next. This mix has PB in it. Hoping to like the A+ better in this mix. If not it will be piffed to my friend.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The next 5 to go in my rotation:
    Soho-2%-fa- brown sugar .2%-tfa
    Yellow cake Bavarian-Bavarian cream-fw 4%-Yellow cake jf-4%
    Honeywood tobacco-fw-1%,double chocolate clear-tfa 3%,cocoa-jf .2%
    Hawaiin Highway-one shot-16%
    Coconut custard-biscuit-jf-.5%,vanilla custard-cap-3%,coconut-jf-1.5%
    They have steeped for 3 weeks.
    Please let us know how you like your mixes.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I decided to make a sft of Holy Holy Grail RY4 V1 at 16%. I know that sounds high, and it's much higher than I have ever used it in mixes. But every time I opened the fridge and saw that big bottle of HHG RY4 I couldn't help but notice the recommended mixing percentage on the side of the bottle 10-12ml of flavor per 60ml.

I am trying it now for the first time after 1 week steep. It's not bad. The caramel and vanilla are so good in this one and it has the perfect level of sweetness. I can see vaping this one as is, it really doesn't need anything. It has an ice cream sensation thing going on as well... It reminds me of eating a sundae in the old ice cream parlors as a kid, that sensation of the cold metal spoon with the vanilla touching your tongue.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I decided to make a sft of Holy Holy Grail RY4 V1 at 16%. I know that sounds high, and it's much higher than I have ever used it in mixes. But every time I opened the fridge and saw that big bottle of HHG RY4 I couldn't help but notice the recommended mixing percentage on the side of the bottle 10-12ml of flavor per 60ml.

I am trying it now for the first time after 1 week steep. It's not bad. The caramel and vanilla are so good in this one and it has the perfect level of sweetness. I can see vaping this one as is, it really doesn't need anything. It has an ice cream sensation thing going on as well... It reminds me of eating a sundae in the old ice cream parlors as a kid, that sensation of the cold metal spoon with the vanilla touching your tongue.
    A sundae is a strange thing for a tobacco flavor to taste like. I can’t vape any baccys except NEts

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    A sundae is a strange thing for a tobacco flavor to taste like. I can’t vape any baccys except NEts

I don't think this flavoring has ever been known for any kind of tobacco element. In that regard, I would not consider it an RY4.

I have never considered ry4 to be a tobacco flavor even though many people say that it is. To me I don't taste tobacco in any of the ry4 flavors I've tried.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm one of the few that doesn't like ry4. All I taste is sweet, sweet and more sweet.
    Well I’m #2. I’ve never had a Ry4 that I liked. Back when I could vape Non NET stuff Hangsen Ry3 was my fav to mix with.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Well I’m #2. I’ve never had a Ry4 that I liked. Back when I could vape Non NET stuff Hangsen Ry3 was my fav to mix with.

Count me as #3, never cared for it.

Nice to have choices, and for those of us who DIY, not much the States or Feds can do to eliminate them :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Count me as #3, never cared for it.

Nice to have choices, and for those of us who DIY, not much the States or Feds can do to eliminate them :)
    Let's hope not. I wouldn't worry much for myself. I'm 72 now and have enough flavors to vape as long as I want. Would be nice to be able to replace any flavors that might go bad I've never had this happen but who knows? I'm going to check over my most used flavors soon and order any I may think I need more of.

Users who are viewing this thread