The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    It looks like River Supply is discontinuing Butter Mint and they are the only outlet for Purilum flavors that I know of. So, I decided not to try it. I am very happy with TFA Creme de Menthe and with FA Peppermint. I use both with creams. Heart of Andes is a recipe by Head in the Clouds. It is FA all the way, Peppermint, Marshmallow, Fresh Cream, Vienna Cream, and Vanilla. HIC has asked the recipes not be shared but a google search will bring it up for you easily. I amp mine up with some VT Sweet Cream and use DIYFS Holy Vanilla or INW Shisha Vanilla. I also like it with Creme de Menthe and Menthol added to the recipe. I was thinking that ABC might replace the Creme de Menthe for a twist.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Heart of Andes is in the blog. Thanks to you, in fact, @PJReid.

• Like Like x 4
  3. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Oops! :) From what I understand, HIC has not posted on the forum for over a year that he/she used exclusively so maybe sharing the recipes is fair game now. IDK I did it accidentally but if we haven't gotten any flack for it by now, it should be okay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Actually butter mint is on sale because it's overstock (just found out about that) I thought you didn't have any mints so suggested it. Everything you mentioned sounds great. Myself, I'll be adding a bit of cocoa. I also use RY4 for caramel/vanilla.

• Like Like x 4
  5. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    LOL... I just got it ;) I thought "Andes" was like the mountains... it's those mint candies they have at restaurants.

• Like Like x 3
  6. PJReid

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Oh, I thought the sale was on flavors they were discontinuing. Maybe I will pick some Butter Mint up after all. Thanks for that. I have mints and menthols and coolants of all kinds - not everyone ever made, but a lot. :D I really don't enjoy vapes without some of one or the other.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Pam, the ABC is an excellent flavor. I’m sure it would work well for you.

• Like Like x 4
  8. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I mixed a sample of ABC but haven't tried it yet.

• Like Like x 3
  9. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I thought they were all discontinued as well. They have changed their wording on the website and no longer use discontinued and now say Clearance 50% Off. Here is verbiage from their website:

"Take advantage of up to 50% off on this entire collection! A majority of this collection contains items that we have excessive inventory on. Once all inventory has been sold, certain items still may be discontinued due to low sales even when discounted. Eliminating inventory allows us to make room for newer products in our facility!"

Butter Mint is all tic tac. But the more I vape it I find the creamy notes come out more. I like it and vape it often. Would I repurchase...not sure since it was my first mint. I'll be trying other mints to see if having this in my rotation is worth it or I could sub with something else.

About the Aged Bourbon Cream I found this description from a google search and I think it nails it and since I'm no good at describing flavors I thought this may be helpful:

"Like a cream that has aged in a barrel, slightly oaky. Great depth of flavor, sweet cream up front with the smoky bourbon being smooth and balanced well in the back. Fairly thick mouthfeel."

Everything is subtle and not in your face. I really like this flavor.

• Like Like x 7
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm really shocked you haven't had the ABC til now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    'Tis the season ;)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I found it on ELR, posted in 2015 with a VU link to the recipe there. I looked at the poster’s other recipes, tons of HIC’s, so maybe they have permission?

• Like Like x 4
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good late morning to all you random folks:) Have you any plans for the rest of this day?

I'm really glad I decided to give the Stixx NETs a second go. I find myself vaping them a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Koolkiz

Koolkiz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    • Like Like x 8
  15. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    • Like Like x 3
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I was thinking I could put a small disposable tank on it, since they’re lightweight. Or a squatty 22 mm. It would be nice to have if it works in case I can’t get pods down the road.
    No mixing today :(. Himself brought home two garbage bags of sweet Mississippi turnips. It’ll probably take all day to get them prepped and vacuum packed for the freezer. I hate doing it, but love love having them later!

• Like Like x 4
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, it sounds like a good thing to have. I don't have a Boost and no plans on getting any more pods or pv's, but still a good idea for those that already have them. I love turnips also:)

• Like Like x 2
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I still haven't put my scale away but since I really don't think I have anything to mix I guess I'll put it away. If things change it's easy enough to get back out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    If nothing else it's another family of vapes to add more variety to your arsenal. It's a diversion from the thicker, heavier, bakery type vapes. I'm primarily a one-juice vaper but in absence of that it would be nice to have a half dozen good flavors to rotate with so as not to burn out on one flavor (or one type of flavor).

• Like Like x 2