Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I’ll make on on notes in my phone then. Actually better, since I can put some info with each one. I really appreciate y’all helping. I was lost at where to start, and I feel under the gun to get it ordered. I have those 4 entered
2 or 3 of them is plenty to get started on many different recipes.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good morning random folks and happy Friday for those that work.:) Have you any plans today? I am going to get my Cranberry/Grapefruit NET mixed today. Not sure about the other......apricot?

Ok, does anyone remember the second mix I said I might do?

Was that it?

Actually got our bi-weekly town run done in record time, home before dark :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you. If I could find one I could add flavors to with it being a background? flavor, I’d be happy. I’ll start a wishlist there so I don’t forget which ones y’all recommend

I’m liking the Nicaraguan viso with glamour chocolate and caramel butter added. I wasn’t sure at first but now think it’s really good. I have another mix steeping with a different chocolate.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I’m liking the Nicaraguan viso with glamour chocolate and caramel butter added. I wasn’t sure at first but now think it’s really good. I have another mix steeping with a different chocolate.
    Nicaraguan Viso has those subtle chocolate notes on the exhale. I thought it would be perfect for chocolate mixes but to my surprise I couldn't make it work with chocolate. It's possible I wasn't using the right chocolates. I never tried it with Glamour. Might have to revisit that. What % of Viso, Glamour, and caramel are you using?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nicaraguan Viso has those subtle chocolate notes on the exhale. I thought it would be perfect for chocolate mixes but to my surprise I couldn't make it work with chocolate. It's possible I wasn't using the right chocolates. I never tried it with Glamour. Might have to revisit that. What % of Viso, Glamour, and caramel are you using?

8% viso
    2.5% glamour
    1% caramel butter

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Haven't tried it but this is from a review:
    "Flavor Description: Artificial strawberry base with an attempt at rhubarb. It has some similar flavor aspects, but it is missing that sharp tangy tartness. And it has a very noticeable chemical off note. The fruits do blend and balance well without either overpowering the other. It's just a little closer to celery than rhubarb. Not getting crust at this point, and not sweet or sour enough. With the longer steep this has really blended well and matured into a great blend. The strawberry and rhubarb is balanced well, and has turned into a sweet and slightly tart pie filling. The strawberry has lost any artificial taint and is cooked and sweetened. The rhubarb left the celery behind and is a very authentic cooked rhubarb, but is missing that pronounced tartness. On the exhale I'm getting a light flour crust. It's very good, but not strong enough to balance the fruit."
    My experience with PUR is they are not strong so don't be afraid to mix higher %. I have PUR Boysenberry preserves and it really changes after a steep (better) so don't judge yours to hard until it has time to steep.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    SFT it before you attemp a recipe with it. You know Im a pur fan but that one is just bad

I read the reviews I saw and all said to steep it. At first there are off flavors but was good with a steep. It sounds like it needs supporting flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread