The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I've spent a lot of time messing with these chocolates. There is so much difference between the various chocolates that are available. Truthfully, it is a tough nut to crack. They all seem to have their place depending on what you're using them in. There's enough to learn there that a person could dedicate themselves to experimenting with chocolate only.

• Like Like x 6
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That works. I have both those NET’s coming. 2-4% on the NET?

• Like Like x 2
  3. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Can someone tell me how much 100mg nic to add to a store bought 3mg juice to bring it up to 9mg? The juice I want to change is in a 100ml bottle Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  4. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    They should work well with milk chocolate... just don't use too much. No "tootsie roll" flavor.

• Like Like x 3
  5. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It will dilute the flavor some (and change the VG/PG ratio) What is the ratio of the juice you have and is your nic in VG or PG or both?

• Like Like x 2
  6. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I couldn't resist... ordered the Joyetech Atopac Magic device for doing flavors tests. It comes with 50 precut cotton "wicks" and uses a mesh type heating "film" Too good a deal to pass up:
    JOYETECH ATOPACK MAGIC POD SYSTEM
    Very easy to change cotton between each flavor test.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ChelsB

ChelsB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I finally tried the Peppermint Snowfall last night and it is delicious! I might bump down the ws-23 a little bit next time but other than that, we have a winner! Thanks so much for posting that!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    2 - 4% is where I'm headed. My Honduran Fruits are basically 8:3 (NET:Fruit). Looking like my Choco NETs are more like 1:3 or 1:4. Complete opposite. I think it's because the chocolate is really weak compared to fruits. Takes a lot more chocolate to temper that NET.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    6.5 (that's 6 point 5) ml of 100 mg/ml nic will bring your 100 ml of 3 mg up to 8.92 mg/ml, with a final quantity of, well, 106.5 :) That little from your 100mg won't throw off the final PG/VG ratio much at all.

• Like Like x 7
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the assistance.I do have the Australian Chocolate so I may go halves with the chocolate chunks

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Where'd you get that Australian Choco?

Yeah, don't be afraid to push that NET:Choco ratio way toward the choco side (compared to the Honduran Fruit). They really are two different ballgames.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Think it
    was BCF but don’t remember. You could call them? Could be ecx also which is flavorjungle

• Like Like x 4
  13. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am thrilled that you like it so much. Thank you! :) If you have Purilum Butter Mint, try my recipe for the Creamy Pillow Mint. It is just as good, IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  14. ChelsB

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Yep, I definitely have pur butter mint!

• Like Like x 2
  15. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Creamy Pillow Mint
    Butter Mint (Purilum) 3.5 %
    Cream (Flavorah) 1%
    Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA) 1%
    Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 1.5%
    Marshmallow (FA) 1%
    WS-23 30% .50% (Optional or to taste)

Substitutions: I chose FLV Cream as the "heavy" cream in this recipe but I think your favorite heavy cream would work just as well - VTA Sweet Cream, any Bavarian Cream, Devon Cream (CCW, CC, VTA), whatever your favorite might be. You could probably also double up on the Cream Fresh and not notice a huge difference.

I love Holy Vanilla but know that not everyone has it. My second choice would INW Shisha Vanilla.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    • Like Like x 2
  17. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’ll be curious to hear how you like it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    We took my oldest downtown to get her new headshots done for her portfolio and the youngest and I walked over to a nice little coffee shop I hadn’t been to before. They are really doing a good job of revitalizing the downtown areas. We also went to a little shop so my youngest could get a Chiefs shirt. Then went out for an early dinner. It’s nice having the kids home. My oldest is leaving tonight because she has to be at work tomorrow and the youngest is leaving tomorrow after lunch.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ChelsB

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Thanks SO much for posting the recipe, I wanted to ask but just in case you’d posted it countless times I decided not to admit my laziness of not looking for it. I took a screenshot of the recipe so now I have it. I think I have the rest of the ingredients. I know I have a nice sized bottle of the Holy Vanilla. I don’t have any INA vanilla but would like to try it. However I really can’t justify buying more flavors as I don’t have enough room on my rack and I need to try/use more of the ones I already have. I’m super excited to try it as I obviously like your recipes. Thanks again!!!

• Like Like x 7
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad you had a good time with the girls.

• Like Like x 2