Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mine is expected Tuesday. Ty must work weekends as my order was shipped quickly after ordering yesterday.
He usually gets orders out in a matter of minutes.

What is it that you’re having a problem with? We have our second kid in college and my wife always does our taxes. If you want, I could ask her a question. She’s not a tax accountant but has a degree in financial management.
That's fine but what we really want to know is if she slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    He usually gets orders out in a matter of minutes.

That's fine but what we really want to know is if she slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

Nope, she only traveled for work a couple times but hasn’t worked for years due to health issues. She got breast cancer at 36 and it was one health issue after another after that. You just have to take what life gives you and make the best of it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Nope, she only traveled for work a couple times but hasn’t worked for years due to health issues. She got breast cancer at 36 and it was one health issue after another after that. You just have to take what life gives you and make the best of it.
    There is something unfair about a 36 year old getting cancer.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, randomizers :)

We may be getting a break from the rain. Cat has actually been out for more than 22 seconds :)

1786808.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I'm working with my Raspberry Yogurt recipe. I gotta say yogurt has to be one of the most inoffensive flavors that I've vaped. Not much flavor to be honest. It has the effect of softening/smoothing the other flavors. I'm not getting any tang. And I have the yogurt at 9%! I can see where yogurt could be useful when you just don't feel like having a lot of flavor. Would be a great modifier for people who like vaping unflavored juice. Yogurt would take away any harshness. Anyway, I do have 1% vanilla bean ice cream in it so maybe that's tampering the tang so I'm going to pull it from my next iteration and see what happens.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I love easy recipes, thank you.

Just remember - I like my flavorings on the lighter side.
    As I've said before, I prefer to think about the flavor of what I vape rather than feel I need to chew it :lol:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What is it that you’re having a problem with? We have our second kid in college and my wife always does our taxes. If you want, I could ask her a question. She’s not a tax accountant but has a degree in financial management.
    My son got a partial scholarship, half paid tuition assistance from my job, and I had purchased a prepaid college tuition (PACT). I pay zero for college and we actually get a refund each semester from PACT. My son got a 1099-Q form. I got a 1098-T form. Common sense tells me I do not get a tax break with zero expenses. And from what I’ve read he may need to pay tax on the refund since the 1099-Q is his and can be considered income, although I don’t think so as it was already taxed money used to purchase the PACT prepaid tuition. H&R Block does not say “input the 1099-Q here” in their program. I’ve read and heard multiple different answers and it’s very confusing. I think I’m going to my Mom’s CPA.

I’ve done my own taxes for years but this one has stumped me. I ignored the forms last year and I think that’s the right answer.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    My son got a partial scholarship, half paid tuition assistance from my job, and I had purchased a prepaid college tuition (PACT). I pay zero for college and we actually get a refund each semester from PACT. My son got a 1099-Q form. I got a 1098-T form. Common sense tells me I do not get a tax break with zero expenses. And from what I’ve read he may need to pay tax on the refund since the 1099-Q is his and can be considered income, although I don’t think so as it was already taxed money used to purchase the PACT prepaid tuition. H&R Block does not say “input the 1099-Q here” in their program. I’ve read and heard multiple different answers and it’s very confusing. I think I’m going to my Mom’s CPA.

I’ve done my own taxes for years but this one has stumped me. I ignored the forms last year and I think that’s the right answer.
    Yeah, sounds like you need a CPA. I always do my taxes too but there was a couple years in there when I had a whole lot of squirrely things going on so I just admitted it was above my pay grade and just hired a CPA. Glad I did.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I agree. Talk to the cpa. I hadn’t heard of prepaid tuition before. We just had mutual funds under UGMA for the kids. We weren’t able to save enough to pay for four years at a university but gave them both a good start and helped with what we could.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Yeah, sounds like you need a CPA. I always do my taxes too but there was a couple years in there when I had a whole lot of squirrely things going on so I just admitted it was above my pay grade and just hired a CPA. Glad I did.
    Yep. Especially since the answers have swung to him paying a small tax to me getting a huge refund. Not something to play around with.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yep. Especially since the answers have swung to him paying a small tax to me getting a huge refund. Not something to play around with.
    Hate to spend money on a CPA but like the peace of mind more knowing it was done properly...no matter how it turns out.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I agree. Talk to the cpa. I hadn’t heard of prepaid tuition before. We just had mutual funds under UGMA for the kids. We weren’t able to save enough to pay for four years at a university but gave them both a good start and helped with what we could.
    I started paying on that prepaid tuition when he was a newborn. I paid for 14 years even when it was hard and I knew I was doing it all by myself. Then he got a scholarship. And my company pays half. I worried his whole life if I was going to pull it off. When I got a refund check that first semester and I paid nothing I fell to my knees and squalled like a baby. We both did it! It’s huge to me.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I had a friend who worked for H&R block. She worked in hotels before that. It's not that she was bad at it, but also not particularly GOOD.

I also no longer trust any financial institution who says "gimme your money I promise I will give you more at the end of it.'

If it is too complicated for YOU, you need a CPA. Period.

Anna

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I also no longer trust any financial institution who says "gimme your money I promise I will give you more at the end of it.'
    I decided to have HR Blockhead do my taxes one year after I had done them myself. I wanted to see if they were finding me savings that I could not. At the end, my figures were exactly the same as theirs to the penny. And they are not cheap!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Good morning. I learned an important lesson this morning. Made my morning coffee, took a sip and realized "OMG it's so bitter!" I always drink my first cup black (no cream or sugar) and forgot I had bought a new coffee... coconut/hazelnut. It was sort of like tasting vanilla extract without sugar... just bitter and nasty. Added cream and sugar... it tasted great. This reminded me of mixing e-juices. I tend to like less sweet juices but have also noticed I haven't been happy with my fruit mixes, so I'm re-thinking all of this... maybe I do need to make my juices a bit sweeter to bring out the fruit flavors (sometimes I add more flavor and it backfires... "chemical" taste) I generally mix fruits with creams and or bakeries, so going to get some sweet ones. I'm so glad I figured this out because I was just about to make an order. Still don't want over sweet but now I won't go out of my way to avoid some sweetness. It's like the "mixing gods" were helping me along (this experience was kinda "bitter sweet" ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread