rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    When I first start out mixing, I assume I should stick to just using one flavor? I'm thinking get one flavor (say Mango) the way I like it and then maybe add to it. What say you? :)
    One easy way to get started is with a DIY kit from NicVapes. They are half price right now as is everything on their site. The flavorings are very good and come in glass bottles which is nice.
    https://www.nicvape.com/ez-diy-starter-kit

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I first start out mixing, I assume I should stick to just using one flavor? I'm thinking get one flavor (say Mango) the way I like it and then maybe add to it. What say you? :)
    Just me but I think you should choose at least a half dozen.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    In the order I'm waiting for I think I have 13 flavors. But when I start mixing I should keep it simple right?
    When you get your order you can post the flavors you have and I’m sure you can get some simple mixing ideas here.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    In the order I'm waiting for I think I have 13 flavors. But when I start mixing I should keep it simple right?

When you get your order you can post the flavors you have and I’m sure you can get some simple mixing ideas here.
    What Fran said. Let us know what you ordered, an idea of things you like, and let folks give you ideas. Try several recipes right out of the gates.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

What many of us have done, with new (to us) flavors, is try a small mix of the single flavor (SFT, Single Flavor Test) to see what it tastes like. Hard to tune a recipe if you don't know what each ingredient tastes like! So a 5 or 10 ml batch of each flavor (not including things like sweeteners, smoothers and such) is a reasonable way to start out.

That said, there are many combos that will be good and easy to fine tune if you stick with, say, just two. Say you do a peach and apple mix, and want more apple. Easy to figure out. Once you get some mixes under your belt, and familiarity with your flavors, then it's time to take off :)

Single flavors can seem, well, sort of one dimensional ;) and it's fun to create or modify recipes to fill in whatever hole we personally see.

Users who are viewing this thread