Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just finished 3 strawberry sfts. This makes 5 total strawberries I have tested. Strawberry is one of my favorite fruits so I really wanted to try a variety of straight up strawberries. I've had two for quite some time. Ripe Strawberry-TFA and Juicy Strawberry-FA. Those two weren't quite cutting it so I tried three more. Strawberry-FW, Strawberry-TFA, and Sweet Strawberry-CAP. I can't say they are much better to be honest. All five lack authenticity. They all lack something. Can't say they are awful, but simply fall short of a genuine, authentic strawberry flavor. I've heard people share their disappointment in strawberry claiming they haven't found one they REALLY like. Perhaps strawberry just doesn't translate well into a vape for some of us. Perhaps strawberry is as much a texture as a taste because I don't go crazy over strawberry soda, ice cream, jello or candy either. Again, it's not horrible or anything but it doesn't replicate the flavor as well as other fruits (apricot, raspberry, peach). Probably the best of the five IMO was Capella's Sweet Strawberry. The worst was FW. TFA's and FA was kinda meh. Maybe there are others that are better but after five I've kinda OD'd on sampling strawberry. Perhaps one day I will revisit it but for now it's a back burner project.
    When you get back to it. I would add INW.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just finished 3 strawberry sfts. This makes 5 total strawberries I have tested. Strawberry is one of my favorite fruits so I really wanted to try a variety of straight up strawberries. I've had two for quite some time. Ripe Strawberry-TFA and Juicy Strawberry-FA. Those two weren't quite cutting it so I tried three more. Strawberry-FW, Strawberry-TFA, and Sweet Strawberry-CAP. I can't say they are much better to be honest. All five lack authenticity. They all lack something. Can't say they are awful, but simply fall short of a genuine, authentic strawberry flavor. I've heard people share their disappointment in strawberry claiming they haven't found one they REALLY like. Perhaps strawberry just doesn't translate well into a vape for some of us. Perhaps strawberry is as much a texture as a taste because I don't go crazy over strawberry soda, ice cream, jello or candy either. Again, it's not horrible or anything but it doesn't replicate the flavor as well as other fruits (apricot, raspberry, peach). Probably the best of the five IMO was Capella's Sweet Strawberry. The worst was FW. TFA's and FA was kinda meh. Maybe there are others that are better but after five I've kinda OD'd on sampling strawberry. Perhaps one day I will revisit it but for now it's a back burner project.

Sugar and spice beat me to it but the succulent strawberry is the best single flavor strawberry that I've tried. I always forget that I have it. I usually use the strawberry trinity recipe in most recipes that call for strawberry.

This is the best strawberry I have found.

One Stop Blends - Succulent Strawberry - 30mL

They also carry all sizes so a 10ml is available.

:)

I agree. That's probably the best single flavor strawberry I've tried.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    When you get back to it. I would add INW.

Sugar and spice beat me to it but the succulent strawberry is the best single flavor strawberry that I've tried. I always forget that I have it. I usually use the strawberry trinity recipe in most recipes that call for strawberry.

I agree. That's probably the best single flavor strawberry I've tried.
    Duly noted. INW was my next try. Never heard of the one S&S mentioned.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Hi DIYers! I hope everyone is doing well. I just got these tubes (do you think I have enough, lol)delivered and it’s time to once and for all get all my sfts done. Now I just need to figure out where to start! Decisions, decisions
    deb3da7f61fc2a179a70893f5b923626.jpg
    Omigod, like so tubular!

I thought they were stool sample bottles.

Reactions: ChelsB

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Now I'm vaping the Cranberry-Lime I mixed 10 days ago. I was convinced it would NOT be good so I put it off but finally tried it. Tastes like it's just Lime, which I do like but there's no Cranberry at all. Have to up the % of the Cranberry, the Lime is plenty strong but real good.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Now I'm vaping the Cranberry-Lime I mixed 10 days ago. I was convinced it would NOT be good so I put it off but finally tried it. Tastes like it's just Lime, which I do like but there's no Cranberry at all. Have to up the % of the Cranberry, the Lime is plenty strong but real good.

Which cranberry are you using? I like TFA but it is very weak. My favorite is Cranberry (SC) which is harder to find but worth it. This is a summer favorite.

Cranberry and Gin
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
    Cranberry (TPA) 6% or Cranberry (SC) 3%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    WS-23 30% .75% (optional or to taste)

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Which cranberry are you using? I like TFA but it is very weak. My favorite is Cranberry (SC) which is harder to find but worth it. This is a summer favorite.

Cranberry and Gin
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
    Cranberry (TPA) 6% or Cranberry (SC) 3%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    WS-23 30% .75% (optional or to taste)

I'm using CAP Cranberry. Don't know how it tastes yet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread