Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Re Anna, read this.

I just saw why...:( and, wish I hadn't.

People can be mean sometimes, but the piling on is simply bullying in my neck of the woods.

I hope I don't offend people when I post pics of my turtle babies. Spring is coming and I'll probably have more this year than ever before lol.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

People can be mean sometimes, but the piling on is simply bullying in my neck of the woods.

I hope I don't offend people when I post pics of my turtle babies. Spring is coming and I'll probably have more this year than ever before lol.
    We love your turtle pics:wub:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

You'll offend me if you don't.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Where was she being criticized? Not here.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I don’t blame her after seeing that thread play out. I respect her for sticking to her word of taking a break but I truly wish she’d come back. I don’t understand grown :censored: people tattling to moderators over such minuscule things. Like kindergarten sometimes. Come back when you can @stols001 . You are safe on this thread. :wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don’t blame her after seeing that thread play out. I respect her for sticking to her word of taking a break but I truly wish she’d come back. I don’t understand grown :censored: people tattling to moderators over such minuscule things. Like kindergarten sometimes. Come back when you can @stols001 . You are safe on this thread. :wub:
    I really hope she will.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

I don't grow close to people online for a reason. I've never shared why, partly because the people in my life really can't quite understand the loss I went through in 2015. I made the mistake of growing very close with a person online that had the same demons I have battled in my life.

His name was David, but we affectionately called him by his online moniker. David and I initially could not stand each other, his world was so different than mine. He knew his raunchy "gay" themed avatars would get under my skin (at the time) and would change them daily with "how do you like this Thomas?", typed underneath. But he was one of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My wife and I grew to love his affinity for the historical side of Philly, and the stories he shared with us with the pictures to back it all up were just simply incredible. Travels in France, Amsterdam, Germany, the list was endless of the places he had been; all keenly captured through the lens of a very talented photographer that he was.

He would post pictures of his daily meals, and according to him I never truly knew what pastrami was since I never heard of Katz's in New York.... My wife, who always travels for business, got the pleasure of eating there with David, so I consider her blessed. When we would talk on the phone he would end every call by telling my wife, "You're too good for Thomas".

It was his odd way of saying he cared about me. In 2008 I realized just how much he cared, however it is something I really don't want to share, but just know I was in a very very dark place.

I never realized how many people were touched by this incredible man, until that fateful day my wife sat me down after she had received a call. It was November 2015 on a Wednesday. David had fought so many battles.... and came away victorious. PCP (not the drug, but the pneumonia type), Kaposi Sarcoma, nasty peripheral nephropathy caused by his being a long term survivor of AIDS. Ultimately, the feet that had traveled so many many miles failed him and made him a prisoner inside his home. David jumped from the platform at the Philadelphia train station as a train approached and in an instant was gone forever...

Grief like that is hard to rationalize; loss of an online friend??? People around you really don't understand, and while I wish there was a place for the loss aspect, there really isn't. I truly wish there was.

Why do I feel the need to share this? I am not sure really. I know in my heart that Anna is fine. I suppose the reason may be that we never really know what's going on behind someone else's keyboard. What I do know is I have a lot of online neighbors and it's said we should love thy neighbor. What I saw in the other thread was rather disappointing, most of the participates are people I once respected. Some of them I am fully aware have battled their own demons, so to see them shake a finger at Anna was surprising.

I am not good at conclusions, so..... The End.

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I don't grow close to people online for a reason. I've never shared why, partly because the people in my life really can't quite understand the loss I went through in 2015. I made the mistake of growing very close with a person online that had the same demons I have battled in my life.

His name was David, but we affectionately called him by his online moniker. David and I initially could not stand each other, his world was so different than mine. He knew his raunchy "gay" themed avatars would get under my skin (at the time) and would change them daily with "how do you like this Thomas?", typed underneath. But he was one of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. My wife and I grew to love his affinity for the historical side of Philly, and the stories he shared with us with the pictures to back it all up were just simply incredible. Travels in France, Amsterdam, Germany, the list was endless of the places he had been; all keenly captured through the lens of a very talented photographer that he was.

He would post pictures of his daily meals, and according to him I never truly knew what pastrami was since I never heard of Katz's in New York.... My wife, who always travels for business, got the pleasure of eating there with David, so I consider her blessed. When we would talk on the phone he would end every call by telling my wife, "You're too good for Thomas".

It was his odd way of saying he cared about me. In 2008 I realized just how much he cared, however it is something I really don't want to share, but just know I was in a very very dark place.

I never realized how many people were touched by this incredible man, until that fateful day my wife sat me down after she had received a call. It was November 2015 on a Wednesday. David had fought so many battles.... and came away victorious. PCP (not the drug, but the pneumonia type), Kaposi Sarcoma, nasty peripheral nephropathy caused by his being a long term survivor of AIDS. Ultimately, the feet that had traveled so many many miles failed him and made him a prisoner inside his home. David jumped from the platform at the Philadelphia train station as a train approached and in an instant was gone forever...

Grief like that is hard to rationalize; loss of an online friend??? People around you really don't understand, and while I wish there was a place for the loss aspect, there really isn't. I truly wish there was.

Why do I feel the need to share this? I am not sure really. I know in my heart that Anna is fine. I suppose the reason may be that we never really know what's going on behind someone else's keyboard. What I do know is I have a lot of online neighbors and it's said we should love thy neighbor. What I saw in the other thread was rather disappointing, most of the participates are people I once respected. Some of them I am fully aware have battled their own demons, so to see them shake a finger at Anna was surprising.

I am not good at conclusions, so..... The End.

I apologize for the off topic ramble, but I really have no one to share how I feel about this other than you all.
    That was really lovely. It’s easy to forget all the people on the forum have pains, angers, frustrations, demons, often undisclosed, that affect the way we interact. I always appreciated Anna’s honesty about life, as I appreciate you sharing. I hope I can hold myself more accountable in the future.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I apologize for the off topic ramble, but I really have no one to share how I feel about this other than you all.
    I guess I haven't seen the thread (don't link to it... no need for that) but I can relate to your story. Someone here on ECF (won't mention who) helped me and we became close off forum. He has some medical conditions and sort of faded away from the forums... now I haven't heard from him in awhile. Hope he is OK (I'm getting a little chocked up) He hasn't responded to my e-mails. We all have "those times" when it all seems to be falling apart (going through that myself actually) and maybe just need some space. I wish we could talk more about DIY than stuff like this (and that damned virus) Peace out... vape on!

Users who are viewing this thread