Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I threw TFA Graham Cracker Clear and TFA Cheesecake Graham into my NR cart. But, I'm not sure about buying more right now. I think I'll wait. I feel all shopped out right now.
    No need to order to order now. Good to have but you have others to use now.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I just tested, EJMU's tool windows fall behind other programs and can't be pulled back to the front without minimizing everything else to go grab it. Some of EJC's can be called back to the front from the taskbar. I may stop using EJMU, that was the last thing I used it for.

Just think if vaping had a Marlboro Man to sell stuff.
    I'd be broke.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I need to go back and find this article, but it was a study about post menopausal women and taste. The further out, the fewer “tart” tastebuds we have, thus things taste sweeter. The study was treating them with zinc supplements to restore the tart. May explain my love for herby vapes and dislike for sweeteners.

I wish that were the case for me. I’ve always had a sweet tooth and it’s not getting any better with age!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Maybe she can add more info from first hand experience?

I have to admit, if it comes to comparing PG to PEG400, well I didn't vape much PG as a non smoker due to sensitivity. I will say compared to (mostly) VG and DW, the PEG400 does make sweet things not sweet, and it does make things crisper and sharper, but I'm not sure if the less sweet effect is due to either less VG (I mean, VG is sweet, and I've basically cut it in half) or just is the same as PG WOULD have been etc.

I will say I like PEG400 it has improved my mixes immensely in a lot of ways, but a straight up comparison head to head PG vs PEG400.... I'm not sure.

You could try a small amount for mixing I got some from Amazon the first time. Nic river sells PEG400 dirt cheap, but I'm not sure the smallest quantity they sell. It may be worth a shot and I do mean MAY. Etc.

Anna

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I got Flavora. It is a spot on Pumpkin Spice. Nicely balanced not too much of anything. The PST, Butterscotch ripple and Pumpkin Spice is good. Doesn't really taste like any of the individual components though... My wife wants me to make Pumpkin spice latte now lol

I adore pumpkin spice, but find that many are mostly spice and tend to smack me in the face with clove and I hate clove. For example, my pumpkin pies consist of equal measures of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg... That's it, but it's absolutely perfect. I want pumpkin spice to be like that, but it never is. :(

I definitely need a third if I can't organize my drawer divider better.

I cheated a bit with making mine fit into one case though, as most of my flavors are 10ml, so 2 similar flavors occupy one section, when applicable. ;)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've ended up with 20 new flavors between my sale order and my last two orders. So far I've tried VT blueberry milkshake, tfa cranberry, cactus, and Fuji. I've got nine more to make single flavor testers for. I meant to do it yesterday but didn't get to it. I'm really excited to try them all but am hoping my new rda's arrive soon to make it a little easier. The only other thing I ordered on sale was an augvape intake rta.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    My BCF order is out for delivery!
    I cheated a bit with making mine fit into one case though, as most of my flavors are 10ml, so 2 similar flavors occupy one section, when applicable. ;)
    I do it that way too. No point is wasting space.

Mine were actually getting a bit crowded. But, no more. I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and re-organized using my new containers (even though I haven't received my new flavorings yet). Everything is nicely spaced out for the moment. Probably not by tonight (once I add in my BCF order).

Why does my new mailman have to come so late in the day? :nah:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I feel a little less overwhelmed than I did last night. I was thinking of going ahead and ordering the TFA Graham Cracker Clear and TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust.

If only I could remember what I had been putting off ordering until I placed an order from NR! There were a couple of things that BCF and ECX don't carry, that NR does carry. But, I can't seem to remember what they are.

And, I refuse to place an order that costs more for the shipping than for the merchandise.

What does Nicotine River carry that ECX and BCF does not?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    @FranC,

Another wildly random thought:
    If I recall correctly; you use quite a few different hardware set-ups. Have you ever noticed any correlation between "too sweet" issues, and particular set-ups? And, have you played with temperature/power settings, and airflow, when a mix is too sweet?

I don't know if any of the above is pertinent to your situation, but they were the questions that came to my mind... :confused::)
    I think I was one of those people. Since MTL vapers are flavor chasers, the use of reduced air flow and the low heat is what brings the flavors out the best(imo). Especially creamy type flavors. Some of the fruit flavors make the transition nicely.

So yes, you need a range of watts to test different mixes with. If you stay @ one watt setting you may lose out finding the best taste for your flavors.
    I feel a little less overwhelmed than I did last night. I was thinking of going ahead and ordering the TFA Graham Cracker Clear and TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust.

If only I could remember what I had been putting off ordering until I placed an order from NR! There were a couple of things that BCF and ECX don't carry, that NR does carry. But, I can't seem to remember what they are.

And, I refuse to place an order that costs more for the shipping than for the merchandise.

What does Nicotine River carry that ECX and BCF does not?
    Purilum flavors.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's where I find the unflavored base comes in handy.

I really need to do that. I was thinking about it last night but didn't quite figure out yet what strength I want to mix the base at.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I think I was one of those people. Since MTL vapers are flavor chasers, the use of reduced air flow and the low heat is what brings the flavors out the best(imo). Especially creamy type flavors. Some of the fruit flavors make the transition nicely.

So yes, you need a range of watts to test different mixes with. If you stay @ one watt setting you may lose out finding the best taste for your flavors.

Purilum flavors.

I definitely agree with this. I've noticed fairly big differences in flavor from tank to tank and a couple of times I've noticed a difference when switching the same tank between different devices. Could be the batteries in the devices but I definitely have noticed a difference.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I really need to do that. I was thinking about it last night but didn't quite figure out yet what strength I want to mix the base at.

I mix mine a bit higher nic than I want my juice to be, and at slightly higher VG as well. The % of flavoring, usually in PG, will lower the nic a tad and raise the PG a tad as well.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've been wanting to mix my base and Meg's base but so paranoid about somehow messing it up I haven't done either yet. Kind of glad I haven't now that I have the stronger nic salts incoming. I think I forgot and posted the strength somewhere, guess I should look for it and edit.

Users who are viewing this thread