Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I may have mixed that before I got the TFA Green Tea. Could be the FA Green Tea but I can't find anything that describes it as a sweet flavor.
Look at reviews on DIY. Several said floral, one said fruity/floral. But most say a light tea. The milk isn’t sweet?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Omg, I feel positively virtuous now!
Really? Are you trying to add to my shame?! :laugh::lol::laugh:
I only ordered 23. Maybe panicky... what did I forget if I ordered so FEW?????? :shock:
Don't get stuck in my rut!:( I have resisted all holiday sales for the last 18 months and now look what I have gone and done!!! Don't dispair, if you missed this time, just add it to your list and get it next time. (Just don't wait as long as I did.:facepalm:) :D

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I’ve been very very bad :oops:. Two mods and a tank I really don’t need, 3 litres of nic, and flavors. The hubs may well just ground me if he catches it all :lol:. Que sera sera... y’all gave me too many good recipes. I NEEDED all that. I must have, since I ordered it

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well,I can't find anything that calls the Dairy Milk sweet. I'm kinda stumped on this one unless I'm finding the Fa Green Tea sweet?? I actually don't really know if the TFA Green Tea is sweet to me but I'll be doing a flavor tester on that.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I’ve been very very bad :oops:. Two mods and a tank I really don’t need, 3 litres of nic, and flavors. The hubs may well just ground me if he catches it all :lol:. Que sera sera... y’all gave me too many good recipes. I NEEDED all that. I must have, since I ordered it

I did recently get nicotine, and flavors, and flavors recently before that. Nicotine is always needed until the supply exceeds life expectancy.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @FranC, have you done a single flavor tester with the INW-Rhubarb yet? I haven't run across any comments describing it as sweet.

Also, just spit-balling here; when was the last time you tried an unflavored vape at your usual ratio? I am just wondering if your base is causing your broad "too sweet" problems. I know you recently mentioned you are at a pretty low VG ratio, but I am curious if that might not be a factor anyway.

Another wildly random thought:
    If I recall correctly; you use quite a few different hardware set-ups. Have you ever noticed any correlation between "too sweet" issues, and particular set-ups? And, have you played with temperature/power settings, and airflow, when a mix is too sweet?

I don't know if any of the above is pertinent to your situation, but they were the questions that came to my mind... :confused::)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC, have you done a single flavor tester with the INW-Rhubarb yet? I haven't run across any comments describing it as sweet.

Also, just spit-balling here; when was the last time you tried an unflavored vape at your usual ratio? I am just wondering if your base is causing your broad "too sweet" problems. I know you recently mentioned you are at a pretty low VG ratio, but I am curious if that might not be a factor anyway.

Another wildly random thought:
    If I recall correctly; you use quite a few different hardware set-ups. Have you ever noticed any correlation between "too sweet" issues, and particular set-ups? And, have you played with temperature/power settings, and airflow, when a mix is too sweet?

I don't know if any of the above is pertinent to your situation, but they were the questions that came to my mind... :confused::)
    I'll be mixing a tester of the rhubarb tomorrow. I don't expect it to be sweet at all. I did try vaping unflavored just out of curiosity. I didn't care for it but didn't find it too sweet either. Other than that I'm a rather boring vaper,preferring my small tanks and I'm generally under 8w. I have toyed with airflow and power setting to no avail.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

I was wondering that too. If the VG being sweet thing wasn't building up over time and the recent adjustment has worn out its welcome.

PG built up on me over my first month in '09. I tried it again in '12 after not having vaped much between (once or twice a year) and it was quickly bad.

Different hardware is an interesting prospect. I put Doublemint in my Themis expecting the menthol blast I got in SubTank. So far it's mellow comparatively. Yet with Fuzzy Navel it's more flavor.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Now if you want to hear something really strange about my aversion to sweet? I have 2 ADV's I've been vaping for about 7 years. One is plain TFA peppermint and the other is an all TFA Blackberry/peppermint/menthol mix. Both extremely sweet. I vape both of these in carto tanks. I can't even begin to vape them in any other tank.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I did recently get nicotine, and flavors, and flavors recently before that. Nicotine is always needed until the supply exceeds life expectancy.
    It’s one of the few bonuses to being over 50... less nic I need room in the freezer for. Imagine their faces when I pull out my mad scientist juice mixing gear at the nursing home :eek:

Reactions: Fidola13

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Different hardware is an interesting prospect. I put Doublemint in my Themis expecting the menthol blast I got in SubTank. So far it's mellow comparatively. Yet with Fuzzy Navel it's more flavor.
    I have heard others comment, that they preferred different tanks, for different flavor profiles. "I like this one for fruits, while I like that one for bakeries, and yet another for tobaccos" kinds of of comments. I guess it could carry over to "sweet;" though I don't recall reading that specific one.

Another random thought:
    I wonder if using PEG400, in place of VG entirely, would back down the sweet perception any? I have never tried it, but it is suppose to be more viscous (like VG). I believe Anna (@stols001) has used it. Maybe she can add more info from first hand experience?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I need to go back and find this article, but it was a study about post menopausal women and taste. The further out, the fewer “tart” tastebuds we have, thus things taste sweeter. The study was treating them with zinc supplements to restore the tart. May explain my love for herby vapes and dislike for sweeteners.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I need to go back and find this article, but it was a study about post menopausal women and taste. The further out, the fewer “tart” tastebuds we have, thus things taste sweeter. The study was treating them with zinc supplements to restore the tart. May explain my love for herby vapes and dislike for sweeteners.
    I don't have a problem tasting tart flavors I just have a problem finding them.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    But I would get the TFA Graham Clear.
    I threw TFA Graham Cracker Clear and TFA Cheesecake Graham into my NR cart. But, I'm not sure about buying more right now. I think I'll wait. I feel all shopped out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread