Random DIY mixing and More

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
My step-mother used to make us eat liver and brains when i was a kid. The dog got mine under the table till i got caught. Then it was war. Never would eat it no matter how long she made me sit at the table. My dad finally stepped in. She hated me after that.
That’s disgusting...brains? And it’s mean. Some people just don’t like to eat certain things and they shouldn’t be forced to. I will not eat seafood and my parents never forced me to eat it. I still don’t like it...it just stinks to me. Bleck. It’s just who I am. My son is picky...but I would never force him. Over the last couple of years I’m moving towards vegetarianism. I’m not 100% but I try. Luckily I love veggies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Afternoon mixers. I haven't had any new work come in the past couple days. I've always got stuff I can be doing but prefer to do the troubleshooting and repair on equipment instead of boring stuff.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Afternoon mixers. I haven't had any new work come in the past couple days. I've always got stuff I can be doing but prefer to do the troubleshooting and repair on equipment instead of boring stuff.
    Hopefully you"ll get some work soon.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I'm sorry dude. It's just that I am anemic. So well.... Liver is almost like PICA for me, that illness that makes some people (often pregnant women) like eat weird stuff like chalk and dirt and etc.

The first time I ate it I could not stop. The husband had to literally remove my plate. LOL. It's DELICIOUS.

Everyone I talk to who doesn't like liver probably ALSO doesn't have anemia.

I was scared to buy it at first too. But once I did, well now I worry about NOT obtaining it. I need it (plus, most likely tomorrow, a thyroid decrease by 30 mcg) BADLY. Because all reports I read on the Mother of All Natural Thyroid Blogs said that Thai stuff was like more absorbable and potent than any US stuff. It does appear to be so and it would be nice if I could get Progressive's FLO to stop (I wonder if progressive thought about Flo, her red hair and period stuff.)

Probably NOT given the number of guys who were GAGGING to have an evening with Progressive Flo. She wasn't even that hot, my theory was her endless helpfulness and she was a kooky lady.

In any case have veered far from the topic and the substance of this post is like, absolutely nothing. LOL I will eat a lot of weird thing ate snails in France as a toddler (no memory but my family said I LOVED them after I couldn't eat em.) Oh well, I like hearts, and tendon too (in pho or whatever.) Organs and Offal are Fine by Me.

That sounds like a great recipe name, actually, "Organs and Offal are fine by me." Heh. good thing I'd actually have to make one no time. STILL gotta do my one shots and etc,.

Anna
    We may be the only two here... I love fried chicken livers. My mum in law and I will go get them a couple times a year as a treat.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I was born in Tennessee and all my family was big on chitlins-- hog intestines. It took a while for me to eat crap and our dog (a mini dachshund) just couldn't handle all of my helpings. Growing up and living in Miami most of my life made me love many different cultural dishes I would have never dreamed of eating as a proud hillbilly. Cow cod soup (Jamaican) is divine, and my favorite is a Puerto Rican dish called mofongo. I haven't checked, but I assume my favorites won't be easy to find in NW Arkansas.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! I’m having a bit of a rocky start. First call this is was my stepmother letting me know my father is in the hospital. Possible stroke, TIA, something neurological. She’s outside in the parking lot because no visitors in the hospital. Prayers or whatever your beliefs allow would be much appreciated.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I was born in Tennessee and all my family was big on chitlins-- hog intestines. It took a while for me to eat crap and our dog (a mini dachshund) just couldn't handle all of my helpings. Growing up and living in Miami most of my life made me love many different cultural dishes I would have never dreamed of eating as a proud hillbilly. Cow cod soup (Jamaican) is divine, and my favorite is a Puerto Rican dish called mofongo. I haven't checked, but I assume my favorites won't be easy to find in NW Arkansas.
    Chitlin cornbread is the bomb! To be fair, my people all hail from western Kentucky

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! I’m having a bit of a rocky start. First call this is was my stepmother letting me know my father is in the hospital. Possible stroke, TIA, something neurological. She’s outside in the parking lot because no visitors in the hospital. Prayers or whatever your beliefs allow would be much appreciated.
    Prayers sent:wub:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

Skeebo has added you to my list of daily anxieties. Please keep us updated.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I'm sending you positive thoughts. It's sad where I work. People on hospice cannot have their families present. It's sad all around. I'm wishing for you and your family a positive outcome. Stay strong! Have the staff place a cell phone nearby with speaker phone. Yes, they can do this! Have your mom talk to him. Just a suggestion. (It's what we are doing in long term care). Of course, he may not be able to respond but he can hear her voice.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I’m sure they’ll kick him out asap, don’t want an 85 yo in the hospital with the evil virus all around. Plus, he’s an abysmal patient.

Himself has promised to get off early today, so while I still have some quiet, I’m going to go put together a few more mixes. I got 9 done already, but custards etc will be fine to let steep a few months before I break into them.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Those few families that remain in ANWR eat caribou head. The whole thing. Brains, lips, eyeballs, etcc.. They boil it and then everyone picks at it till it's gone. When they say these people waste nothing they mean it. They cannot afford to waste anything.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I'm sending you positive thoughts. It's sad where I work. People on hospice cannot have their families present. It's sad all around. I'm wishing for you and your family a positive outcome. Stay strong! Have the staff place a cell phone nearby with speaker phone. Yes, they can do this! Have your mom talk to him. Just a suggestion. (It's what we are doing in long term care). Of course, he may not be able to respond but he can hear her voice.
    He does have his phone at least. And he’s able to hold it and talk. No vertigo, just zero balance and weakness, arrhythmia. Cardiac test came back clean though (probably anxiety)
    A neighbor who works the same job as you has requested on our area forum for kids to draw pictures and write notes for her patients. They’re collecting them, quarantining them in batches, then distributing them a bit each day. Helps the kiddos and the elderly.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Those few families that remain in ANWR eat caribou head. The whole thing. Brains, lips, eyeballs, etcc.. They boil it and then everyone picks at it till it's gone. When they say these people waste nothing they mean it. They cannot afford to waste anything.
    I think I might opt for rock soup if that was the option :lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I hope he is going to be alright. They say it's never easy having a sick child but it's not any better with a parent. I hope they are able to help him soon and get him out of there so he's not exposed to anything.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My step-mother used to make us eat liver and brains when i was a kid.
    I'm fine with liver (and most of the other stuff Anna mentioned... maybe not heart) but I do have a mental block that won't let me try brains (which is odd... I'm so open to most anything, even insects) I love Lenguas (beef tongue) in mexican burritos (they marinate it first so it's tender) We have lots of very authentic mexican food around here. It's very cheap because they are so competitive.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    My bcf order was delivered. Woohoo. That means I’ve got some work to do putting them in elr and putting them in their appropriate box.

I did that with my order already, PITA but have to do it! I save the email from the seller and copy and paste each one into ELR.

Users who are viewing this thread