The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    It’s similar to adding FA Brandy to fruit, but a much smoother effect. If you don't have FA Brandy, or if Brandy is too strong for you, Liquid Amber can make a fine substitute in recipes. It works well with apple, pear, pineapple, and other fruits. It supposedly gives a slightly fermented effect to the fruit. Maybe it would help some of those underripe fruit flavors. I haven't opened mine yet because I am having so much fun with FA Gin, VTA Vodka, FA Brandy, and all of my champagnes, esp. FW Pink!

• Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Interested in your uses for the Pink:)

• Like Like x 3
  3. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    FW Pink Champagne does the best job, IMO, of adding the perception of effervescence to e-liquids of anything I have tried. Adding the effervescence was a mission for me and I have tried TFA Champagne, FA Wine Champagne, SC Soda Base, VTA Fizzy Sherbet, and the much-maligned VTA Blood Orange Champagne. I am always happier with the results when I use FW Pink Champagne. It is the fizziest to me. It works well in a Blue Raspberry Slush too. My MVP flavor.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The slush is,of course,too sweet for me but the fizzy sounds good. I did use the Pink in a couple of the mixes I did the other day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ST and Gold Ducat right in front of me. I won't forget to try it today.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Trying the ST and Gold Ducat. At first vapes I like it ok. Going to give it some time to get a better idea.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Just gonna throw this out there... @FranC , seems like you gravitate toward sweet flavors although you don’t like sweet.

I do like sweet, loads and loads of sweetness! So, when I buy flavors, I keep in mind that their original purpose is for food. What flavors in food are the sweetest? I find, watermelon, grape, apple are some of the sweetest cookies/candies etc.
    blueberry can be, but often isn’t.

You may want to approach from that direction.

Also, some vendors have sweeter flavors than others. I prefer TFA because they’re sweet. Some of the Cap I like is sweet, and OOO is like a sugar fest lol.

INW will probably be a better one for you, I find their flavors very realistic, not terribly sweet, but they are imho a little harder to work with. Worth the effort though.

FA and FW may be not too sweet for you, but I have no experience with some of the others, Hansen, Lor Anne etc.

Sorry, know I spelled those wrong but spell check is not cooperating lol.

In my early mixing days, I bought a lot of flavors that came highly recommended, and wondered why I didn’t like them as much as everyone else seemed to. I thought I was mixing wrong, when actually I was just using the wrong brands.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do require some sweetness. I once mixed a juice that was totally devoid of sweetness. I didn't like it at all. I have also made the rare mix that wasn't sweet enough and had to add a couple drops of em.

I don't vape either watermelon or apple vapes. I do however like grape (they're not all sweet)

I also think my tastebuds are very picky about what flavors they will allow sweetness into....LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Letitia I find the Grape floral a nice pleasant vape. I'll be trying the Orange one today:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Finding the orange to be a pleasant floral also. Finding that I like the taste of the orange. Does anyone have suggestions for a good orange mix or a recipe that includes orange?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't got the Cap Cucumber and not sure I will but what do you think about these

Cap Cucumber 4%
    Cap Lemon Lime 1%
    INW Cactus .3 or maybe WS-23?

or

Cap cucumber 4%
    FA Lime Tahiti 1%
    Hangsen Mojito 1%
    WS-23 .75%

Maybe too much lime in that one.

Other ideas without mints?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Remind me what oranges you have please Fran. Orange, mango, and raspberry are a good combo. Passion fruit, orange, and hibiscus also blend well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The INW PLum doesn't smell anything like Plum to me but I got it mixed with Hangsen Ry3.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have FA Orange,FA Mandarin,Cap Tangerine,FW Blood Orange. Think that's it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Later on at work I'll post a couple for you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I can't vape just a fruit blend. No matter how tasty I just have no desire. I do however love to blend fruits into other mixes. Cheesecakes,tobaccos,Liquors,maybe even a chocolate vape.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm vaping this. Not a No 1 ADV but I like it well enough and I don't find it too sweet.

Cap Hazelnut 2%
    TFA Cheesecake with Graham 6%
    Cap Toasted Almond 3%
    TFA White Chocolate 4%

It's a bit over the flavor % I usually use.

• Love Love x 3
  18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Do you like cream vapes? Some creams are not so sweet and I find myself using them more now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do but not just cream and fruit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @FranC I’m happy you suggested I try INW custard opposed to letting it sit in my stash until I got around to it! It’s good!:p I’m loving those butterscotch-like undertones and the mouth feel is quite pleasing! I believe I could vape this alone all day. Though at the same time my minds working over time considering how well it’d work as a base in so many. I haven’t even tried all my custards and puddings yet but I’d venture to say this might be the best I have. It’d be a tasty sub for bavarian cream and more. I already know I’ll have fun stretching this one and simply enjoying it solo!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1