Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Sorry for so many posts... playing catch-up.
So I always do my SFTs too strong (and end up diluting them later) I decided to to do them according to recommended % from reviews. Well, that backfired! Could only taste 2 out of 5 (FA Kiwi and FW Hazelnut... liked them both!) FA Soho was interesting so I put a few more drops right into my tank... that worked... another winner. I had high hopes for FA Pomegranate but couldn't taste a thing (did I even put flavor in that one?)
So it seems I was doing it right all along... mix SFTs strong (and dilute later if needed)

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Years ago, I would go to this old school coffee shop (mostly older regulars... I was younger but kinda liked hanging with the "old dudes") Anyway, right across the street was a bakery (so much better) but there was one thing that "Harry" made I loved... a simple pastry with caramel and nuts. This inspired me to try something:
(WF) Coissant
(PUR) Creamy caramel
(FW) Hazelnut
He used walnuts but hazelnut is even better... just have to work out the %
Oh yea... there was a sign on the wall... "Confucious says keep eye on donut not hole" (OK, I'm rambling but this is the "random" thread right?)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can multiquote if you want, just highlight the bit you want to quote and hit quote, post after post, and then you will have one GIGANTOR post like at the end and I will not feel so alone and pathetic LOL although I type FAST man.

JEEZ at 10:15 I was like, "Surely I have all I need?" and got up to look only I had many more "needs" and at this point I feel I should like pack a suitcase. But I'm not gonna. Because everything is in shoebox (vapes etc and BOY did I like change all my batteries I am not getting caught trying to do so in the a.m. when the husbando is acting well, like Hilter because he is anxious. I don't blame him finding a decent contractor in this state is sort of like the equivalent of um, a needle in 500 haystacks and I think it is because they are hungry like wolves because no one is doing any "ooh honey let's redo the kitchen work," at least that I know at least that I know personally or even publicly (that I don't want to kick in the nuts.) unless they doing it theyselfs.

That is why I am getting into that car tomorrow otherwise you could not pry me in without men in many white coats.

OOH. SET ALARM. K. done ain't seen that time zone in a while.

I actually think I am getting better. I spiked a fever but I always do at night and just took my first Tylenol in the day. I am not taking the creepy anesthetize your lungs pills any more but I bet it saved me from an early pneumonia, what your body can't feel it can't react to

BUT DEAR GOD 6:30. I need to get in bed at exactly the right time to pass out. GOD.

Anna

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Just rewicked a KFL19 and filled the tank with Nick Evans's Lemon Meringue Pie -- The Best Yet. And I taste no lemon. Now, this could be because, to my surprise, the mix has been steeping for two months already (how is it possibly that time zooms by so quickly?), and the lemon has faded. I'm thinking of throwing in some more. I've go nothing to lose, after all.

That is a very popular recipe and I know lots of people on this thread love it. LMP is just not my thing but it does taste quite lemony when first mixed. You really do have to be careful with steeping lemon flavors but I know that you know that. ;)

I tried some of my well-steeped Pink Grapefruit Lemonade and couldn't get over how sweet it is now. I loved it freshly made but the sweetness sure does pop out after a steep of several months. That wasn't intentional but I just didn't vape it for a few months. Another one to make and vape within a month I think.

You all inspired me with recipes from unused flavors. I actually came with two, both coffee-based. I won't mix them until I go home probably. I have a lot to do before May 18th, so doubt I will find the time to mix them before I get back to Virginia. Both will probably need a month-long steep so I can try them at some point in time and if the contest is still going on, I will share them. I don't honestly expect to love them but someone else might. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is a very popular recipe and I know lots of people on this thread love it. LMP is just not my thing but it does taste quite lemony when first mixed. You really do have to be careful with steeping lemon flavors but I know that you know that. ;)

I tried some of my well-steeped Pink Grapefruit Lemonade and couldn't get over how sweet it is now. I loved it freshly made but the sweetness sure does pop out after a steep of several months. That wasn't intentional but I just didn't vape it for a few months. Another one to make and vape within a month I think.

You all inspired me with recipes from unused flavors. I actually came with two, both coffee-based. I won't mix them until I go home probably. I have a lot to do before May 18th, so doubt I will find the time to mix them before I get back to Virginia. Both will probably need a month-long steep so I can try them at some point in time and if the contest is still going on, I will share them. I don't honestly expect to love them but someone else might. :)
    I’m just thrilled that you’re going to try something so foreign to you. Surprised you don’t want to stay closer to your norm.
    BTW I’m so happy you’re finally going home.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You can multiquote if you want, just highlight the bit you want to quote and hit quote, post after post, and then you will have one GIGANTOR post like at the end and I will not feel so alone and pathetic LOL although I type FAST man.

JEEZ at 10:15 I was like, "Surely I have all I need?" and got up to look only I had many more "needs" and at this point I feel I should like pack a suitcase. But I'm not gonna. Because everything is in shoebox (vapes etc and BOY did I like change all my batteries I am not getting caught trying to do so in the a.m. when the husbando is acting well, like Hilter because he is anxious. I don't blame him finding a decent contractor in this state is sort of like the equivalent of um, a needle in 500 haystacks and I think it is because they are hungry like wolves because no one is doing any "ooh honey let's redo the kitchen work," at least that I know at least that I know personally or even publicly (that I don't want to kick in the nuts.) unless they doing it theyselfs.

That is why I am getting into that car tomorrow otherwise you could not pry me in without men in many white coats.

OOH. SET ALARM. K. done ain't seen that time zone in a while.

I actually think I am getting better. I spiked a fever but I always do at night and just took my first Tylenol in the day. I am not taking the creepy anesthetize your lungs pills any more but I bet it saved me from an early pneumonia, what your body can't feel it can't react to

BUT DEAR GOD 6:30. I need to get in bed at exactly the right time to pass out. GOD.

Anna
    Good luck :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You guys are awesome, all mixing it up etc. I am still pathetically waiting on my mango lassi recipe..... Which like, I need to build my strength back up it seems

Oh man, I went to Dollar general because I knew what I needed for tomorrow and to see what would happen. Also I knew the husband would like, suck at getting what I needed .I was very scrupulous I even was like to the dollar general person, "Hand me some bags, You can scan it, I'll bag it, and that is how it went. It was literally 2 minutes from my house and the husband was like, "Lemme see your eyes. Oooh you need to drink water." We like compromised on diluted grape juice.

One more mask for tomorrow; then I should be good to go but I am not looking forward to it the tiniest bit. I told my husband "I am driving" and like, he was like "Whatever," but when I got back I was like "Oooh you can drive, I don't even care what gear you are in.

So we'll see I guess. LEAVING at 9. Not waking UP at nine, leaving then. Whoo. Here's hoping I spontaneously wake up. :)

I think everyone wins except @FranC for a moment there because you guys all had fun. Except FranC FOR A MOMENT THERE.:lol::lol:

Anna

Anna
    Hey, I had fun too!:lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I got some more work in yesterday so should be good for at least today. I brought the raspberry malt with me to vape on the way to work to see if I would take to it. I still think the raspberry needs to be stronger. I wonder if I took the recommended percentage from the SC version of the RF or not. Anyway, I've still got I think five more of these recipes to try.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I couldn't begin to say that 10 times real fast! I like having descriptive names, but what's descriptive to me might not be descriptive to anyone else. I worry that I may run out of descriptive names because I have so many fails. I may have to start naming things more creatively if that happens.
    If you have a fail you can use the name over again :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning mixers. I got some more work in yesterday so should be good for at least today. I brought the raspberry malt with me to vape on the way to work to see if I would take to it. I still think the raspberry needs to be stronger. I wonder if I took the recommended percentage from the SC version of the RF or not. Anyway, I've still got I think five more of these recipes to try.
    Maybe add a little more of the rf? Adding more jam would make it sweeter.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Now that would be cheating... it's like maybe everyone should just do a SFT of all the untried flavors (not being a smarty pants but I did mention that before)
    If you want to sft every flavor you have be my guest but don’t keep suggesting I should do so.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hey, I had fun too!:lol:

I said MOST of the time you did. There were those few hours....:D

Good morning everyone I gave me an hour and 1/4 to wake up and drink coffee then... Well so far, so good. But it is early.... I have a feeling collapsing into home will be great. Think the husband will want me to walk the ruined shell. I so don't want to. LOL

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I said MOST of the time you did. There were those few hours....:D

Good morning everyone I gave me an hour and 1/4 to wake up and drink coffee then... Well so far, so good. But it is early.... I have a feeling collapsing into home will be great. Think the husband will want me to walk the ruined shell. I so don't want to. LOL

Anna
    This is true but I had a good rant,

Users who are viewing this thread