Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I have these coffee flavors I bought for some reason. IDK why so I suppose I should at least give them a try. I also have caramels, chocolates, etc. that I bought for no good reason. Who knows? Maybe something good will come out of the experiments.
    I’m hoping you might find something you really like :)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    That is a very popular recipe and I know lots of people on this thread love it. LMP is just not my thing but it does taste quite lemony when first mixed. You really do have to be careful with steeping lemon flavors but I know that you know that. ;)
    Yup, I sure do. If only my brain would cooperate by remembering everything it should when it needs to.
    I tried some of my well-steeped Pink Grapefruit Lemonade and couldn't get over how sweet it is now. I loved it freshly made but the sweetness sure does pop out after a steep of several months. That wasn't intentional but I just didn't vape it for a few months. Another one to make and vape within a month I think.
    And here's another thing for it to remember. I like that recipe and will mix it again, I'm sure.
    You all inspired me with recipes from unused flavors. I actually came with two, both coffee-based. I won't mix them until I go home probably. I have a lot to do before May 18th, so doubt I will find the time to mix them before I get back to Virginia. Both will probably need a month-long steep so I can try them at some point in time and if the contest is still going on, I will share them. I don't honestly expect to love them but someone else might. :)
    I will look forward to these. I want to like coffee recipes but am not sure yet whether I do (the couple of times I've mixed with coffee, I've found the results strangely sour). I've had good luck with your recipes--we must have similar palates--so maybe what you come up with will finally settle the matter for me.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    GOOD Morning Random Mixers!

So nice to be home! Sleeping in my own bed was completely worth the fight I put up to get out of there.

Pneumonia though. I keep wondering what caused it and keep coming back to vaping. It is hurting me now that I am home, I am sure, and I have cut back after having none for 3 1/2 days. I am just at a loss trying to figure out how I got sick when I never left the house. Ideas welcome.

Sorry for all of the quoted replies but I am reading the posts since I was last on and replying as I come to something. I had pneumonia four years in a row after I started vaping. My doctor didn't think it had anything to do with vaping since I used to regularly get bronchitis and haven't had that since I started vaping. My doctor strongly suggested I get the pneumonia vaccine. I was younger than the usual age for suggesting it but it worked. I haven't had pneumonia since the vaccine.

I hope you feel MUCH better soon. That is miserable!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So how is this Covid affecting everyone? I’m just majorly bored and always glad when I can stay busy. If the weather will someday warm up so I can get out as far as the back deck to sit in the sun it won’t be so bad. Given the crappy cold weather that ain’t gonna happen right off.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    From 7/17 to 6/8 I had it 3 times and they even did a lung biopsy to try and figure out why but it was not conclusive. Samples were sent to the Mayo Clinic but they couldn't pinpoint a reason.

Healing vibes being sent your way and I've added you to Skeebo's list of daily anxieties....

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    So how is this Covid affecting everyone? I’m just majorly bored and always glad when I can stay busy. If the weather will someday warm up so I can get out as far as the back deck to sit in the sun it won’t be so bad. Given the crappy cold weather that ain’t gonna happen right off.l

I've gained about 40 lbs. I don't know if it's Covid, Arkansas, Winter, Good Food, or Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

So nice to be home! Sleeping in my own bed was completely worth the fight I put up to get out of there.

Pneumonia though. I keep wondering what caused it and keep coming back to vaping. It is hurting me now that I am home, I am sure, and I have cut back after having none for 3 1/2 days. I am just at a loss trying to figure out how I got sick when I never left the house. Ideas welcome.

As for vaping, instead of inhaling into your lungs, perhaps hold the vapor in your mouth for a short duration and just exhale through the mouth or nose. You can still absorb nicotine through the walls of your mouth. Few here on ECF have adopted this method.

Totally agree with not inhaling. At first it takes some effort to not inhale as that was just so automatic as a cig smoker that we never even had to think about it. We just did it.
    What i did was everytime i picked up my mod i said to myself....do not inhale. Kept getting easier each day. Took maybe a week before starting to trust whether or not i was sure that i suffered no nic fits etc. I tested that by not vaping for a night. Could hardly wait to get that vape the next morning Yep same level of nic still where it was. Now its just as automatic as inhaling was. Just keep at it. Your lungs need to rest and heal. And you need to get nic in your system.
    Win-win in my book . good luck. Rooting for you.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    So how is this Covid affecting everyone? I’m just majorly bored and always glad when I can stay busy. If the weather will someday warm up so I can get out as far as the back deck to sit in the sun it won’t be so bad. Given the crappy cold weather that ain’t gonna happen right off.

The weather has been a bit strange this year. But as much as I would love some sunshine, I would gladly trade weather for a bit of normality. Can handle staying in, Zelda is loving the extra attention, just getting tired of the hording and line ups. And I would give anything for a hair cut!

On a brighter note - was out this morning, local flower shop opened for the first time in over a month. Was a pleasant sight to see colourful flowers all displayed out on the sidewalk.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The weather has been a bit strange this year. But as much as I would love some sunshine, I would gladly trade weather for a bit of normality. Can handle staying in, Zelda is loving the extra attention, just getting tired of the hording and line ups. And I would give anything for a hair cut!

On a brighter note - was out this morning, local flower shop opened for the first time in over a month. Was a pleasant sight to see colourful flowers all displayed out on the sidewalk.
    Yes, I can imagine that was a very pleasant sight to see.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    If I didn't pay any attention to the news, it would be having no effect at all. My life has not changed one whit.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I've still been working the same amount but as you know from my posts it's been pretty slow for the most part. We started getting take out food each Saturday evening for a treat. My wife has been doing most of the grocery shopping. I've been to a few stores but not many. I'm a bit of a homebody anyway so it doesn't really bother me a lot to not be able to go out to eat or shop for the most part. I can tell my wife gets antsy from being home so much. My youngest daughter is finishing the college semester online and has been going for drives in the evening at least a few times a week.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If I didn't pay any attention to the news, it would be having no effect at all. My life has not changed one whit.
    You are the lucky one. It actually hasen’t changed my life a lot but we did get out a time or two a week...... before.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've still been working the same amount but as you know from my posts it's been pretty slow for the most part. We started getting take out food each Saturday evening for a treat. My wife has been doing most of the grocery shopping. I've been to a few stores but not many. I'm a bit of a homebody anyway so it doesn't really bother me a lot to not be able to go out to eat or shop for the most part. I can tell my wife gets antsy from being home so much. My youngest daughter is finishing the college semester online and has been going for drives in the evening at least a few times a week.
    I haven’t been out anywhere since sometime in March.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012

So glad you are home and hopefully feeling better!

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    PROS
    No alarm clock
    No makeup or work clothes
    Can vape while I work
    No driving in traffic
    Not around coworkers
    I'm more rested

CONS
    Working 200% harder for work
    Snack too much
    Can't hang out with Mom and Dad
    Wearing mask and gloves when I go out
    Retirement benefits cut
    No time alone

I am an introverted homebody so staying home all the time is like a dream come true. But I don't like the fact when I get a wild hair I can't just up and go. I can't go sit with Mom and Dad when I want to. I do want everything to get back to normal but I don't miss going to work and I do not miss my coworkers.

Users who are viewing this thread